Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faiths of Indigenous Peoples (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Indigenous Spirit of All colors (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138142)

sky 03-06-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I tried abusing alcohol, instead it abused me.:biggrin:

From what I've seen and heard it certainly works both ways :icon_eek:
I personally have never tasted it except in food and that was enough to put me off drinking it.... yuk.

ImthatIm 03-06-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
From what I've seen and heard it certainly works both ways :icon_eek:
I personally have never tasted it except in food and that was enough to put me off drinking it.... yuk.

Being put off by it is a real good thing.
Unfortunately,I was raised on it and all of the trauma associated with living
with a Dr.Jekyll, Mr. Hyde drinker.
Thankfully, I can use my story to relate to others who are trying to come out of abuse with alcohol.
Which makes me so Thankful and Grateful to those that have helped me along my path.

sky 03-06-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Being put off by it is a real good thing.
Unfortunately,I was raised on it and all of the trauma associated with living
with a Dr.Jekyll, Mr. Hyde drinker.

Well done to you also, you've certainly been to hell and back and I admire you immensely. :hug:
You should be very proud of yourself.

ImthatIm 03-06-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Well done to you also, you've certainly been to hell and back and I admire you immensely. :hug:
You should be very proud of yourself.

Thank you, sky.
I am Thankful and Grateful.
I appropriate you, and your humor/wittiness and views on Life.:hug2:

Anala 03-06-2021 08:23 PM

I feel like a child who has missed a month of school to learn in the Forest and has just returned to the circle of friends. What a month it has been and I hope you do not mind my sharing. Learning to listen in a new way, see in a new way and let life lead the way. It began with the garden, delving hands deep in the earth, listening, and finding a new way, to irrigate, to grow. Rewarded with sage blossoms. I was dumbfounded; I had never seen them before. This is cooking sage. The leaves are coarse like a cat’s tongue. Them I went looking and found all kinds of uses for the blossoms. One thing I read was the calming effect. Sage blossoms can be used to smudge.

Spent two days clipping, washing and hanging all kinds of herbs. All while listening to an audio book, “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer. I listening to the description of braiding and I thought, how I wish I could find sweetgrass where I lived. Then I stumbled on it in the garden amongst the herbs. So I washed it and hung it to dry with the herbs, on our porch, away from the sun. :smile:

Then, there is a chapter in the book on strawberries, which I heard as I was picking strawberries from the patch. So today I baked the shortbread and cleaned the berries.

So many lessons in this world. :smile:

BigJohn 03-06-2021 08:37 PM

Today, there are so many Sages, it is hard to keep up with them.

I have several different Sages I turned into a hedge. One hedge is about 6-7 feet tall!

BigJohn 03-06-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

EXCERPT

Smoke from cedar and sage and many other plants and roots are good for
clearing negative energies.We do this before all else or maybe only smoke
or smudge ourselves.

Palo Santo is the saging wood that seems to be moving to the front of the line. Palo Santo is so....... positive.

ImthatIm 03-06-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anala
I feel like a child who has missed a month of school to learn in the Forest and has just returned to the circle of friends. What a month it has been and I hope you do not mind my sharing. Learning to listen in a new way, see in a new way and let life lead the way. It began with the garden, delving hands deep in the earth, listening, and finding a new way, to irrigate, to grow. Rewarded with sage blossoms. I was dumbfounded; I had never seen them before. This is cooking sage. The leaves are coarse like a cat’s tongue. Them I went looking and found all kinds of uses for the blossoms. One thing I read was the calming effect. Sage blossoms can be used to smudge.

Spent two days clipping, washing and hanging all kinds of herbs. All while listening to an audio book, “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer. I listening to the description of braiding and I thought, how I wish I could find sweetgrass where I lived. Then I stumbled on it in the garden amongst the herbs. So I washed it and hung it to dry with the herbs, on our porch, away from the sun. :smile:

Then, there is a chapter in the book on strawberries, which I heard as I was picking strawberries from the patch. So today I baked the shortbread and cleaned the berries.

So many lessons in this world. :smile:

Hey Anala.
It is so nice to here your out in nature living with the Earth and all Her gifts.
I would not say you missed any school, I would say you are in the best school with your hands in the Earth and Sky above your head.:smile:

ImthatIm 03-06-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Palo Santo is the saging wood that seems to be moving to the front of the line. Palo Santo is so....... positive.

Hey John.
I was introduced to some of that Palo Santo wood recently.
It is very,very nice.

ImthatIm 03-06-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Today, there are so many Sages, it is hard to keep up with them.

I have several different Sages I turned into a hedge. One hedge is about 6-7 feet tall!

You must have some Native Juniper trees down your way.
It makes excellent smudge.
http://southwestdesertflora.com/Webs...20Juniper.html
This may not be the only juniper in your area that is used for smudge. I am only going by the look of the bough and seeds.

I always welcome it when it comes my way.