Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faiths of Indigenous Peoples (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Indigenous Spirit of All colors (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138142)

ImthatIm 01-03-2021 12:55 AM

Me thinks indigenous is a verb.
Maybe so, maybe not.
I like this part of the definition.[occurring naturally in a particular place]

I am a traveler so I am not indigenous.But I blend in and can aid a place to occur natural.
I am however indigenous to a Living Mother Earth and Living Father Sky who I Love and am cared for.

I can respect this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcoApS02to

sentient 01-03-2021 05:35 AM

I go back to what I’ve said before:
Quote:

In a tribal setting one has a collective identity. Individuality is very much celebrated, but only in the context of it belonging to the totality of the tribe.
Within that belonging to totality - is unconditional inclusiveness.
In my experience, if one integrates, marries into a tribe i.e. becomes a functional part of that collective whole, then one’s yellowness, whiteness, redness – whatever is accepted and respected and also celebrated as a unique part of that tribal inclusive whole.

Just because my late partner was Aboriginal and I integrated and assimilated into the group and felt “One Spirit” with it – that didn’t/doesn’t mean that when I listen to or ‘channel’ my ‘ancestral spirits’, they are going to be Aboriginal.

Everybody already - equally has a spiritual side.

running 02-03-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
running

Yes, All colors is exactly what I meant because in us all I believe is
an indigenous ancestry that connects us with the Earth.
Earth gives us and sustains our lives.

I do remember some of your story from other posts and I know how you do connect with
the Earth. It is good that you are living your dream. I know that you connect with the Rocks,
especially the red Rock if I remember correctly. The Earths energy is so amazing and I also am
living my dream by living where I live because of the Earth and place.
I do have a similar story where Spirit told me something that I was consuming was killing me.
Way to many rum and cokes.. LOL.. Then started my Spiritual journey.

A dance between Sky and Earth is where I live in the shadow of Mount Rainer (təqʷuʔbəʔ) or (Mother of Waters)
^
^

i was more of a vodka guy. but i slowed it down in my early 20's. never would of guessed bread would be killing me? Perhaps god is a jokester to me on that. lol

running 02-03-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
I go back to what I’ve said before:

In my experience, if one integrates, marries into a tribe i.e. becomes a functional part of that collective whole, then one’s yellowness, whiteness, redness – whatever is accepted and respected and also celebrated as a unique part of that tribal inclusive whole.

Just because my late partner was Aboriginal and I integrated and assimilated into the group and felt “One Spirit” with it – that didn’t/doesn’t mean that when I listen to or ‘channel’ my ‘ancestral spirits’, they are going to be Aboriginal.

Everybody already - equally has a spiritual side.

i think our spiritual guidance can be a surprise sometimes. i was really into reading about yoganda when i began my journey. then i read about native americans and something stirred up and i saw myself as a child long ago. he told me he was cherokee. but then later i found my main guidance and it was jews. its all strange. i don't know? the thing i follow is my intuition and feeling my way. for spiritual growth its all feeling of energy and so there is no culture there. my girlfriend see's old jews dressed up around me. i suppose thats my thing. but everyone here probably knows more about them than i do. lol. the jews was certainly a surprise. lol

for the most part im afraid of becoming interested in anything. maybe it could get in the way with what works for me? like to many pilots trying to steer the plane. lol.

sentient 04-03-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running
i think our spiritual guidance can be a surprise sometimes. i was really into reading about yoganda when i began my journey. then i read about native americans and something stirred up and i saw myself as a child long ago. he told me he was cherokee. but then later i found my main guidance and it was jews. its all strange. i don't know? the thing i follow is my intuition and feeling my way. for spiritual growth its all feeling of energy and so there is no culture there. my girlfriend see's old jews dressed up around me. i suppose thats my thing. but everyone here probably knows more about them than i do. lol. the jews was certainly a surprise. lol

for the most part im afraid of becoming interested in anything. maybe it could get in the way with what works for me? like to many pilots trying to steer the plane. lol.

Hi running,

I haven’t been ignoring your post – it is only that I haven’t had access to my computer for a few days.

Like you, I guess, I too am a “one trick pony”.
And where it accords to Amerind spirituality is the ‘myth’ of the Axis Mundi ImthatIm posted a link of previously:
http://faculty.humanities.uci.edu/tc.../axismundi.htm
Quote:

For the American Indian, "space always has a sacred center... a place where the above, the earth, and the below are joined and are one. the center is the place where all spaces become unified.... It is the space where American Indians experience complete unity in their world." Power and order is generated at the center and radiates outward."
That “Sacred Space Centre” is “Core Shamanism.” Like your “Silence and Stillness” (I suppose).

The rest is just how one ‘dances’ in that space. Oooor how “Silence and Stillness” dances as manifested Universe (our reality).
You being a truck driver is an aspect of your ‘dance’, but only in the context of it relating to “Silence and Stillness’ ….. no?
As everything radiates from and relates to that central core … no?
How one ‘dances’ is important, but only in relation to that core … no?

P.S Even though one expects the unexpected - I think our spiritual guidance still comes as a surprise :icon_eek: :smile:

sentient 04-03-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Me thinks indigenous is a verb.
Maybe so, maybe not.
I like this part of the definition.[occurring naturally in a particular place]

I am a traveler so I am not indigenous.But I blend in and can aid a place to occur natural.
I am however indigenous to a Living Mother Earth and Living Father Sky who I Love and am cared for.

I can respect this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcoApS02to

Is “White” a verb?
I guess it is that for me too.
But that is where the struggle starts to assimilate into ways that feel/are foreign, ways that do not accord with one’s worldview and values.
And in my younger days they just made me so angry :mad:

So, I guess at times one feels/felt like an Aspie (with a mask on) trying to be neurotypical in (white) social settings. Heh.
Whereas in indigenous social settings all the masks come off, which is such a felt shift and a relief.
Like coming out of being set in (trapped by) 'ice'.

sentient 04-03-2021 10:26 PM

^
All this being connected to nature etc. is cool, but social anxiety isn’t, because you internalize it as there being something so very wrong with you.

If I was the bloke in this before mentioned video from 3:26 – 4:05 …. that is how I would look like when I would start feeling paranoid, just before a panic attack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiKAhhEHXA

Used to get a lot of those among the “whites” when I was young, no fear about those among the aboriginals though, because I had/have always felt connected and supported, plus you always see through what is going on.

Meditation helped a lot, because it enabled me to stay calm when things started to get uncomfortable and not only to be mindful of my own sensations and reactions, but also to have a proper slow look how "whites" think and react to things differently and why.

ImthatIm 05-03-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

^
All this being connected to nature etc. is cool, but social anxiety isn’t, because you internalize it as there being something so very wrong with you.

If I was the bloke in this before mentioned video from 3:26 – 4:05 …. that is how I would look like when I would start feeling paranoid, just before a panic attack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiKAhhEHXA

Used to get a lot of those among the “whites” when I was young, no fear about those among the aboriginals though, because I had/have always felt connected and supported, plus you always see through what is going on.

Meditation helped a lot, because it enabled me to stay calm when things started to get uncomfortable and not only to be mindful of my own sensations and reactions, but also to have a proper slow look how "whites" think and react to things differently and why.

I need some time in the mountains. A nice 30 day camp would be excellent.
We might just have to settle for gathering closer to home though this year.
With maybe some road trips to the mountains. It cleans you naturally.

ImthatIm 05-03-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Is “White” a verb?
I guess it is that for me too.
But that is where the struggle starts to assimilate into ways that feel/are foreign, ways that do not accord with one’s worldview and values.
And in my younger days they just made me so angry :mad:

So, I guess at times one feels/felt like an Aspie (with a mask on) trying to be neurotypical in (white) social settings. Heh.
Whereas in indigenous social settings all the masks come off, which is such a felt shift and a relief.
Like coming out of being set in (trapped by) 'ice'.

Oh yeah, I have a mask for any occasion. A whole backpack full
ready to change if need be.
Get me in the nature and then the real party begins.
The rocks, trees and plants and birds greet you and welcome you
like a home coming.Near the modern society I can't really breathe.
I feel all the energy in the wires and people
zooming here and there and it all whirls around like a spinning carnival ride for me.
There is also a big difference if I am around traditional or nontraditional NDNs.

sentient 05-03-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

There is also a big difference if I am around traditional or nontraditional NDNs.

Yes, there is that difference. Which is a bit of a worry.