Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Strangest Movies (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104997)

Adrienne 29-08-2016 10:54 AM

Strangest Movies

What is the strangest movie that you have seen ?

You are not limited to only one, as there are several that I think belong in this category. Taking into consideration, of course, that everyone has different likes and dislikes. :smile: share with us .....

"Effie Grey" is definitely the strangest movie I have ever seen !
A very slow moving movie, and it felt like one was always waiting for someone to say something. Definitely in the odd duck category !

Adrienne

ps just a fyi, lol .... I didn't choose the movie

knightofalbion 29-08-2016 12:33 PM

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Never did work out what happened in the end

Shivani Devi 29-08-2016 02:40 PM

Nothing - Vincenzo Natali (producer).

Quote:

Surreal buddy comedy about two crazed roommates (David Hewlett, Andrew Miller) who suddenly find themselves living in a void. Miller co-wrote the script with Andrew Lowery, who costars as Crawford. Directed by Vincenzo Natali.

My favourite movie due to the total strangeness of it!

taurmel 30-08-2016 03:20 AM

The Machinist with Christian Bale...psycho thriller, one of those you can only watch once because it'll be too predictable after that as it took all your emotions the first time :p

Sarian 31-08-2016 12:46 AM

Clockwork Orange for starters...

ralfy 31-08-2016 02:12 AM

About Picnic, check out the wiki entry on "The Secret of Hanging Rock."

H:O:R:A:C:E 31-08-2016 02:32 AM

Eraserhead (1977)

Shivani Devi 31-08-2016 04:53 AM

If I am not limited to one, let's also try Zardoz (1974).

The name comes from The Wizard of Oz.

If the sight of Sean Connery dressed in a skimpy flouro orange G-string with thigh-high leather boots don't freak you, the huge floating rock head with glowing eyes will!

I don't know what they were on when they wrote and directed that one!

Another will be any/ALL of the H.P. Lovecraft films, especially the Re-Animator series and that movie where a crazy guy traps people in a place and they have to kill each other to escape it. If I heard "Seven Nails Fails" one more time, I felt like throwing a brick through the TV set.

I also enjoyed A Clockwork Orange, in fact ALL of Kubrik's work too is pretty much 'out there on a limb'.

Then, there are my personal 'weird', but not totally 'strange' movies I like...Firestarter and The Langoliers (Stephen King), Jacob's Ladder, The SAW and Hostel series (I like my gore as well), Altered States with William Hurt, The original Lawnmower Man, Donnie Darko, Soylent Green....

Anyway, I'm pretty much 'strange movies R us' and I just like writers and producers with imagination leading to a totally unpredictable plot.

Somnia 31-08-2016 06:28 AM

One of the strangest movies I've ever seen is a French animated film made in the 1970s called Fantastic Planet...Just look up the trailer on Youtube and you'll get an idea of how bizarre the movie is...

Even though it's strange/bizarre, it's definitely one of my favorites for animated films...

Squatchit 31-08-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
Eraserhead (1977)

Yep, that's definitely strange.