Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Encouragement to Stay on The Way. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131134)

Still_Waters 17-09-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
I find it a bit difficult to articulate it!
because I've found context comes into it. 'Jesus' can mean the earthly person, or the present experience. 'Christ' tends more often to mean the latter but not always. Jesus really appears as a role model for all humans often. I find it easier to think of them as one and less confusing
i'm not a fan of term like 'God consciousness' on reflection because it limits just to consciousness not all the rest of the self so seems a bit like something is missing to me. I know its popular though!

Yes I do believe others were 'Christs' but Christianity was based around one particular one.

Your points are well taken, I can understand your concerns with the understandably limited term "God consciousness". I just can't find an appropriate word and that is probably why some eastern religions use the word "That" or "Suchness" or similar equivalents.

Your points are well taken.

sky 18-09-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
You never heard of a group, or a body of spirits?

Yes I have BJ but not a ' Spirit Body '.

sky 18-09-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Your points are well taken, I can understand your concerns with the understandably limited term "God consciousness". I just can't find an appropriate word and that is probably why some eastern religions use the word "That" or "Suchness" or similar equivalents.

Your points are well taken.

Why do you think ' God Consciousness ' is a limited term SW?

Still_Waters 18-09-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Why do you think ' God Consciousness ' is a limited term SW?

Although I use that term frequently, DavidMartin has a point in that any verbiage is by definition self-limiting.

In Judaism, although they use the word "Adonai", the Kabbalistic interpretation of that word is "that for which the mind has no category". However, on sites such as this, it is very difficult to express SILENCE without words.

sky 18-09-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Although I use that term frequently, DavidMartin has a point in that any verbiage is by definition self-limiting.

In Judaism, although they use the word "Adonai", the Kabbalistic interpretation of that word is "that for which the mind has no category". However, on sites such as this, it is very difficult to express SILENCE without words.

I think I am tuned into a different radio station as DM and yourself on this subject, not to worry I'll turn it off :biggrin:

ImthatIm 18-09-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

I think I am tuned into a different radio station as DM and yourself on this subject, not to worry I'll turn it off :biggrin:

Maybe you're tuned into the heart of God radio.
(KBeats 777 FM) where the sun never sets.:icon_sunny: :smile:

sky 19-09-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Maybe you're tuned into the heart of God radio.
(KBeats 777 FM) where the sun never sets.:icon_sunny: :smile:

I love Sunset :D

I watch the sunrise lighting the sky,
Casting its shadows near.
And on this morning,
Bright though it be,
I feel those shadows near me.

I watch the sunlight shine through the clouds,
Warming the earth below.
And at the midday life seems to say,
I feel your brightness near me.

I watch the sunset, fading away,
Lighting the clouds and sea.
And as the evening, closes its eyes,
I feel your presence near me.

Yes, you are always close to me
following all my ways.
May I be always close to you,
following all your ways Lord.

Still_Waters 19-09-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Feel free to turn the noisy radio station off.

On several occasions, including at the Khumba Mela in India and at a Taoist monastery in Chengdu China, communication with a sage was in complete and utter silence. That is the ideal way in which to express that which cannot adequately be expressed in words. :biggrin: Such quibbling over words and terminology and "radio stations" does not even arise then. :wink:

As for you, feel free to tune into the noise of your "different radio station". :D

neil 19-09-2019 12:26 PM

Hi all..I only dropped in, to leave this here.

https://www.truthforallpeople.com/me...estial-kingdom

sky 19-09-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Feel free to turn the noisy radio station off.

On several occasions, including at the Khumba Mela in India and at a Taoist monastery in Chengdu China, communication with a sage was in complete and utter silence. That is the ideal way in which to express that which cannot adequately be expressed in words. :biggrin: Such quibbling over words and terminology and "radio stations" does not even arise then. :wink:

As for you, feel free to tune into the noise of your "different radio station". :D

I've even taken the batteries out for the time being :smile: