Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is it wrong to try and contact a dead loved one via magic? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=275)

PrincessJ23 18-02-2006 01:18 PM

Is it wrong to try and contact a dead loved one via magic?

Hi,

To say I have a fascination with the afterlife is an understatment! In 2000 I lost my cousin who was like my sister, in a car accident.She was 16. Four months after I lost my boyfriend, again in a car accident. He was 18. I am now 23 and ever since losing them I have been obssesed with trying to gain proof that they are still around and can see and hear me. I have visited spiritual churchs, had card readings, tried ouija boards (I dont advise this), worked spells and many more things. My question is this? Does anyone think you should let the dead rest and they will come to you when they are ready, or is it ok to seek them out as reassurance?

Thankyou

xx

silver swan 18-02-2006 09:25 PM

Hi princessJ23 .
I read your thread and am very sorry about your great loss. It must have been a dreadful time for you. Like you I have been drawn to spiritualist churches through the loss of a family member. I really believe that it is not wrong to try and seek them out. I sensed the familiar smell of perfume when my mother in law passed over. I also find numerous white feathers everywhere i go and believe that this is her way of letting me know that she is still around. I also believe that when people pass over to the world of spirit , they remain the same person that they were when on the earth plain. Therefore they would want more than anything for us to be comforted by the fact that they were still all around. However I do not think that ouiji boards should ever be used as they can be dangerous. Just as there are people on the earth plain who are best avoided , the same goes for spirit. The problem with ouiji boards is that they attract low level spirits who do not have our best interests at heart. We have no control over the situation. However in a spiritualist church the mediums work only with love and light, so only the highest and the best will be attracted. Like attracts like. I also believe that spirit will come through when they know the time is right. Sometimes if someone passes suddenly they need time to get used to their new dimension and they may not come through straight away . This is what I believe. I am myself in the early stages of developing as a medium and so I can only tell you what I believe to be true through my experiences with spirit . I feel that if you continue visiting your local church you will find great comfort through a message from your loved ones.
xxxxx

PrincessJ23 21-02-2006 12:39 PM

Thank you Silverswan for your reply. Its good to know im not doing the wrong thing. I agree ouija boards are bad. They do connect to something evil.I will continue to go to my spiritualist church. I would love to develop too. Would love to know how youre getting on and how long you have been practising your mediumship for?

xxxxx

devolution 21-02-2006 02:09 PM

It's always good to pray/call for 'protection' before embarking on contacting spirits/souls, as we can often draw to ourselves negative energies.
There are many prayers/visualisations, such as the Violet Flame...

I agree that Ouija boards seem to have some kind of strange magnetic effect to all kinds of energies, both 'negative' and 'positive'...
Can you believe that Ouija boards used to be sold as TOYS?!!
I've never used one, and don't intend to...

silver swan 21-02-2006 07:17 PM

Hi PrincessJ23
I Joined a development circle through the spiritualist church. I bet they have an open circle at your local church if you are interested in joining. I have found it to be an amazing experience. Like yourself I am fascinated with the after life. I could never totally believe though until I found out for myself. I have only been sitting in a circle for seven months. I have recorded all of my meditations and it is amazing to read them back as everything falls into place. Just the other week I was sitting listening to the visiting medium at church. She gave me a message from my mother in law and told me what I had bought on my recent shopping trip! I have begun to see auras which I find amazing. Like devolution says I always ask for and visualize protection so as not to attract any unwanted spirits. xxxxx

psychic sue 27-02-2006 01:26 PM

You really can't go wrong in a circle. Remember, when our loved ones WANT to communicate, they will. We all have free will - I am sure they will make themselves known to you when the time is right. In the meantime, don't force it - relax, and if you can, join a circle. It really is a great experience.

Love and Blessings

Sue x

AL 28-02-2006 12:46 PM

If you love someone,let them go

I can't say whether it is right or wrong to contact those who have past on.
My concern would be whether it is good to pull souls back and its effects upon that soul, simply by our day to day thoughts even.
I am of the opinon that we should let souls go, with the faith and best wishes that they will be just fine.
Now the difficult part, ATTACHEMENT. I am afraid to say that, it is our bondage to that other soul and perhaps acounts between us and them from the past which can cause us to want to call them back or think about them often.
We may try to justify attachement and label it with words such as love. Unconditional love does not cause sorrow.
We may also have to accept that some souls experience untimely death due to the settling of accounts from their past, possibly even past lives. Not always an easy one to take on board either.
If you love someone, let them go/ set them free.
love Al*

psychic sue 03-03-2006 12:16 PM

I agree - when someone grieves terribly it can draw people back that should really be moving on.

Put yourself in the place of your loved one - you see your son/daughter/wife/husband crying every day and feel their pain - would you be happy to move on? Don't think I would.

Sue x

homecoming 05-03-2006 02:00 AM

Funny enough i heard James Van Praagh on the beyond show say that ouji boards were as good or as dangerous as anything else to use to contact spirits, hes view was its up to the users discearnment in using it.

psychic sue 05-03-2006 09:24 AM

I agree with him - any spirit contact requires protection. I have a ouija which I don't use regularly, but when I do I make sure I have a circle of light around me and that my Guide is on hand.

I think problems occur when people "play" with the Ouija (or any other tool) and also when people become addicted to it - using it every night.

I haven't used it for ages now because I need to work on connecting with the spirit myself.

When you use the Ouija you are not calling on a particular spirit - that's the problem, anyone can drop by.

Sue x

silver swan 05-03-2006 11:20 AM

Hi , I went to see a transfiguration medium last night at my spiritualist church. It is the first time that I have been to a transfiguration so I was unsure what to expect.

The medium began with a hymn, then a prayer. The lights were then turned off . A black screen had been placed on the back wall behind the rostrum, and two lamps were switched on, one either side of the medium.

He then sat for an hour and what happened next was amazing!

I cannot describe how amazing it was! The mediums face slowly began to change, and take on the appearance of various relatives of those present who had passed into spirit! We were encouraged to talk and if we recognised anyone, to ask if it was them. No messages were given, although the medium spoke through spirit to say whether or not it was the person in question.

My friend Starlight and myself both recognised people, and had it verified. There were two ladies in front of us who commented afterwards that they had seen nothing. This led me to wonder whether a certain level of awareness was needed by the observer, in order for them to "SEE."

I myself believe that these spirits were happy to be able to communicate with their loved ones in this way. I know that I myself would want to give comfort to those left behind. I believe that by giving this comfort, it enebles a healing to take place. The relatives on the earth plain are comforted to know that their loved ones are alright, and the relatives in spirit are freed to move on, knowing that they have comforted those still on the earth plain.

It is my opinion that mediums are healers. xxxx

with love and light x

silver swan 07-03-2006 08:00 PM

Hi Sue. I was wondering, have you ever been to a transfiguration?

psychic sue 08-03-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver swan
Hi Sue. I was wondering, have you ever been to a transfiguration?

Yes I have, and it is an amazing experience. Unfortunately, I didn't get a message but I have seen the phenomena you describe.

I did an aura reading for a friend a couple of weeks ago and she said MY face was changing! Although I didn't really feel anything at the time.

It's an interesting subject - I would like to see more demonstrations to get a balanced view.

Love and Blessings

Sue x

silver swan 08-03-2006 07:33 PM

Hi again.
You said that your friend saw your face changing. I have been told this is overshadowing, when your guide comes in very close. I think it can be the first stage of trance. I had it happen to me. I wanted to speak but stopped myself. I must admit I am a little nervous of going in to trance. Has this ever happened to you?

PrincessJ23 09-03-2006 01:08 PM

Thank you to everyone for your views. Special thanks to Sue and Silver swan. I am going to go to my local spiritualist church and ask about joining a circle. I dont want to 'disturb' the spirit world in anyway but I am of the belief that they are trying to contact us so much, so often but until we have the skills to hear them, see them or recognise the signs, we are not aware.

xxxx

silver swan 09-03-2006 01:51 PM

Hi , let us know how you get on. Good luck ! x

PrincessJ23 17-03-2006 03:07 PM

Hi guys, hope your well.:smile:

well I havnt been able to join a circle yet as my local church hasnt opened the past couple of saturdays (maintenance work!) typical!. I read your posts about the transfiguration. I have never been to see a medium who works in this way, I think it sounds a bit disturbing, not sure if I would be comfortable with it? Is it uncomfortable? how much does their face change? I cant imagine how it looks, does their face contort or actually 'become' different? I think there is a lady who does this is my area, am wondering whether I should attend a session?

xxx

starlite 27-03-2006 09:38 PM

hi princess, i hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread. i have seen a transfiguration (with my friend, Silver Swan) at a local spiritualist church. I thought it was an amazing and beautiful experience. I didn't think that it was scary at all; it was just further comfort that spirit is truely around us at all times.
However, like Silver Swan mentioned, the two ladies that sat in front of us told us that they hadn't really seen any changes in the medium's face all through the hour long session. When i came home, i was telling my partner and 15 year old step-daughter about the evening and i mentioned what these two women had said. So obviously, the two of them being sceptical to the whole world of spirit, they just said to me, 'So you just see what you want to see!' This made me doubt whether anything had really happened at the church that night and it was all in my imagination. But, honestly, i didn't doubt what i had seen when i really thought about it. I just think that you really have to believe in it to see it.

If i was you, i'd seek out that woman in your area who does that kind of thing and go and see what you think.

Also, in relation to you earlier mention of your cousin and friend, i believe loved ones will try to make contact with those that seek them out and are happy that people left on earth understand that life is eternal.

Anyway, hope the church is open again soon - i agree with Silver Swan and Sue, a development circle is good.

Love and light, Starlite x

psychic sue 31-03-2006 09:04 AM

Silver Swan - I can never let myself go that deep to get into a trance state - something holds me back. What I do get though, is a "rising" sensation in my chest when I am relaxed and my Guide is near - do you ever experience that?

silver swan 01-04-2006 06:51 AM

Hi Sue. I get a feeling of floating away in meditation and know exactly what you mean about not fully letting go. Something always stops me too, its as though I know that if I let go I will no longer be in control. The other week during meditation I felt a powerful urge to move my arm, and it did not come from me. I also wanted to say the words "its summertime" (any thoughts???)
I get a feeling when my guides are near which is like a blanket being placed round me. My friend Starlight and myself are currently learning more about trance so that we know what to do when it happens.

QUE_KAKASHI 03-04-2006 09:28 PM

its not wrong to contact them but it is wrong to bring them back.

pepperi 05-04-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Hi again.
You said that your friend saw your face changing. I have been told this is overshadowing, when your guide comes in very close. I think it can be the first stage of trance. I had it happen to me. I wanted to speak but stopped myself. I must admit I am a little nervous of going in to trance. Has this ever happened to you?

I have seen this many times through my family members. In Haiti this is quite common for the spirits to take over the host body although we do not see the face literally change before us. What we experience is the difference of the person's facial expression looking meaner or speaking sternly or their body movements. It scared me when I was younger because I never understood what was going on. Now I'm beginning to learn everything about the religion (vodou) because my spirits help me when i'm doing a reading for someone. Although the spirits verbally speak to me, they do not enter my body unless someone is trying to harm me.

silver swan 05-04-2006 09:38 AM

Thanks for the reply pepperi. Do you have development circles when practising vodou?

pepperi 05-04-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply pepperi. Do you have development circles when practising vodou?

No I practice the solitary form not like how my grandparents do it. Since they are older now, no one else in my family does these practices so I'm left to learn all about it including rosicrucianism. I'm a student under my grandfather who is a mason and he is trying to teach me as much as possible. No one has this sort of interest nor devotion like I do.

silver swan 05-04-2006 10:04 PM

Hi again, I hope you do not mind all my questions . I am very interested. What is rosicrucianism?

pepperi 06-04-2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

Hi again, I hope you do not mind all my questions . I am very interested. What is rosicrucianism?

Back in the day, it was a society to discuss magic and everything else involved. There are degrees and initiations its really pretty kewl but like I said i'm still learning what he knows which will take forever!! :blob3:

sprite 14-04-2006 05:56 PM

sorry , but cant "anyone drop by" when spirit comes close and talks to us?
i dont know the spirits connected to someone else but they come through, or is it those who drop by are unsavory spirits?

sorry but this sounded good when it was in my head but not when i put it on the screen!!:redface:

sprite 18-04-2006 01:31 PM

A mystical, philosophical movement that emerged in the seventeenth century and spawned several secret organizations or orders concerned with the study of religious mysticism, alchemy, Qabalah, and professing esoteric spiritual beliefs. The symbolism of Rosicrucianism is primarily Chrstian and the Rosicrucian path emphasizes the way of transformation through the Christ impulse.

Ascended Master 21-04-2006 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprite
sorry , but cant "anyone drop by" when spirit comes close and talks to us?
i dont know the spirits connected to someone else but they come through, or is it those who drop by are unsavory spirits?

sorry but this sounded good when it was in my head but not when i put it on the screen!!:redface:

Hi Sprite

I'm reasonably well versed with spirits as I used to live in (and work for an organisation who owned) one of the most haunted estates in the country.
Spent 6 months there and learnt a great many things abotu spirits in the process.

Generally speaking, the place was a nightmare! :smile:
No, it was an old 15th century building with roots extending as far back as the viking invasions.
I only know there was history that far back because one of them popped in one night when I was in bed! Ha Ha!
He leant over and looked at me with a bemused look on his face?! :smile:

I also came across a Knights Templar, who died in the battle of Arsuf in 1191. He fell on the battlefield, having come off his grey Andaluscian horse, and was soon murdered. But his body was brought back to England. In this case his spirit dropped by to help me progress an investigation as to what the estates undocumented history used to be before the tudor period? There were also a large number of monks - the land was a key spiritual centre throughout the ages - and the land was slap bang in the middle of it!
There were Augustine monks and Fransiscan Nuns and Monks - one of the Nun's who is now a good friend of mine! Her name's Bernadette and she died in a fire in 1375. She's been helping with my mediumship (and was helping with my protection and understanding in what was a strongly negative environment at that time) but she's truly lovely!
There were also leapers who were hospitalised and died on the estate, old landowners, maids, civil war soldiers - as it was a military stronghold during the english civil war of the mid 1600's - lads who tended the horses, people who were tried and sentenced on the grounds - being a law centre throughout the Tudor era. There were highwaymen, regal spirits, and some seriously key figures throughout history who I won't mention at this time! And there were also strong masonic links, but not of the nice variety!
Satanic rituals and worship?!
Still in the process of sorting that little lot out! Ha Ha!
You name it though, I came across it!

In general, I'd say the majority of the spirits who made themselves known needed help? They were stuck in limbo, and my job was to release as many as possible into the light. We got up to about 90 or so, at a guess, but the job still continues. It's one heck of a project.

I've had angelic assistance dropping in, again for protection and guidance. One night there was a bloke who came into my room chasing another?! He carried out a mass slaughter on the grounds - at basement level - around 800 years ago. So we rescued the young man and suspended the nasty one at high level until he decided to chill out a bit.

Some of them were 'nasty' I guess, but only because of how they were mistreated in life, or what those times were like back then?
Being murdered or having been mistreated to the extent where they lost themselves when they came to pass - creating their own limbo with anger or frustration.

At all times I was safe and well though with every one of these spirits.
I took the role very very seriously - it became a ministry - couldn't afford not to take it seriously - the place was swimming with energy of every kind imaginable! Did not open myself up though to anything unless my guides were pressed against my back and gave the signal to begin work.

Ultrmately though, I soon came to realise that 99% of trapped spirits are exactly the same as us?
They're human? With human problems and human emotions?
Bonded to the physiacl realm for an array of personal reasons?

Mr bedroom was by far the most haunted room in the building, and when I first got there there were two malevolent spirits who gave me hell night and day! One of them, Agnes, was murdered in the building having been mistreated by the men of the 1700's, and after talking to her and telling her how compassionate I felt about her demise - I seriously cared for her - she cried and we were able to help and send her into the light!
What an event that was!

The next was Mary, and she hung herself by accident. Well, she didn't mean to go through with it, but it happened because she was treated extremely badly too? And she was a complete bugger at first, and had been a bugger to many many people (as well as mediums!) before I moved in!
But again, we spoke and resolved the problems. It took ages, and it didn't seem likely to work, but it did. I opened my heart, and we resolved the issue through compassion and love. When she went through she apologised for all the grief she had given me, and to this day both Agnes and Mary remain two of my very best friends in the spirit realms. Both have been back to say hello since, and they have both offered their support with my work, and to be honest, I really can't wait to be back 'home' to spend alot of time with the both of them! :smile:

The only one I struggled with was a man called James, who really didn't want to go!
And do you know why? Because he thought his father woiuld be there, and he really didn't want to see him father due to fear?
But his father wasn't there, and his mother came to the doorway to see him over.
He still didn't really want to go, because he was that dead set on avoiding his father, but he did in the end.

At the end of the day, the experiences I mention involve people in need. I say people, but what I mean is human spirits who stayed behind. There are many other forms of energies out there other than human spirits, animals for example? - but in general, they are human with human problems and human outlooks.
Yes, there are nasty ones, but Mary was a nasty one? She used to pull people out of bed and all sorts!!
She was definitely poltergheist quality! But after the initial confrontations, she was as human as you or I, and love was the only answer.
And I love to love her, and do not mind at all that we didn't get on at first! :smile:

Oh blimey! As I've just been writing this Agnes has drawn very very close and helped me with my energy! Ha Ha! Bless her!

To be compassionate in the dark of any situation is a blessing, and even though you also need to be able to say no when the time isn't right sometimes, there are many spirits out there who just want to say hello.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question. I'd be happy to chat more at any time.

Love and light,

AM

Ascended Master 21-04-2006 04:13 AM

Oh, get a grip AM!
Page 3 of 3!
Sorry Sprite!
Still haven't got the hang of that yet!
Read your post completely out of context!

Hmm... Ouija...
James is right, in as much as I wouldn't attempt any form of spirit contact if there was a sceptic or fake worker involved.
If there's a negative being with a negative approach, 'physical' negative energy is provided, enough for negative spirits to be negative in a physical sense!

I did a Ouija when I was about 15, and it worked famously.
Made me cr*p myself really, and it took until I was 25 / 26 to be ready to face the realisation of my destiny / abilities.
Nothing bad happened, we got a bit of communication, but to be honest, when you don't understand the subject, anything could be pushing that glass! And on this occasion, one too many Nightmare on Elm street movies did nothing to make me happy about an object moving on its own! :smile:

I remember Doris Stokes telling the reader in her book about a table tipping exercise they did before she became advanced - and legendary! - and a chap who was a sceptic sat in on the circle, and spent his time going into one about it being fake.
The table then tipped up, hit his legs, and his chair was pushed across the floor, out of the door, and he ended up being shut out in the hallway pale and shaking!

I'd completely agree that it's the negative energy of a physical variety that creates a gateway for negative spirits (and entities) to manifest / make themselves a mischief.

Guides don't mess about though. If you ask for their protection it is there.
So I'd definitely do a ouija board again, but not for a joke around people who are being negative, afraid or over-confident!

Love all the way!

We applied glass divination recently come to think of it, during a paranormal investigation, and that is virtually the same?

Although.... Ha Ha! This time, I have to say, there was a problem!
And it sure as hell wasn't the people sat around the table who created it!

The dictaphone located about 10 inches away from my face was the problem! Ha Ha!

The spirit voice was loud, clear and highly abusive!!! Which created enormous amounts of shock and explitive energy! :D

Case in hand... never place an electrical object next to your head while contacting spirits!
Because astronomically loud spirit verbal isn't always expected when you're in the middle of energising a glass! :D

bandofangels 21-04-2006 05:34 AM

I am new here,and I recently lost my father (march 5,06)..I was blessed to be able to see him,but the day I left he seemed to be ok..and squeezed my hand tightly as if he knew he wouldn't be seeing me anymore, I left that night, and Monday my mom had called to deliver me the news that my dad had passed on, since then I have been asking him to give me signs,but reading your posts I know now that I should just relax and wait for his time..I understand that there is no time in the universe..and I thought that just applied to when you pray to the Lord and in his time he will answer your prayers..but I understand now that it goes for spirits as well...

I also lost a dear friend in 1989, she was 29 and died of cancer, and every now and then I get a whiff of her perfume, or I will hear her favorite song on the radio..I just look up and say "Hi Kathy"..I strongly believe that they like to be acknowledged...

Ascended Master 21-04-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandofangels
I am new here,and I recently lost my father (march 5,06)..I was blessed to be able to see him,but the day I left he seemed to be ok..and squeezed my hand tightly as if he knew he wouldn't be seeing me anymore, I left that night, and Monday my mom had called to deliver me the news that my dad had passed on, since then I have been asking him to give me signs,but reading your posts I know now that I should just relax and wait for his time..I understand that there is no time in the universe..and I thought that just applied to when you pray to the Lord and in his time he will answer your prayers..but I understand now that it goes for spirits as well...

I also lost a dear friend in 1989, she was 29 and died of cancer, and every now and then I get a whiff of her perfume, or I will hear her favorite song on the radio..I just look up and say "Hi Kathy"..I strongly believe that they like to be acknowledged...

Hi bandofangels

Hopefully this will help...

Our bodies generally exist in the only time realm there is, with time constraints - the physical realm - while the upper realms of spirit reside in what is known as universal infinity?

In infinity our spirits are able to naturally heal, and shamanistic healing practises involve creating a gap in our time zone , so that infinity is exposed, enabling the body of the patient to benefit from the natural healing we can receive from that universal energy by existing within an infinite space?

Well, our souls and our spirits heal, which in turn heals the physical?

A way to achieve this without the assistance a shaman is known as enlightenment.

The brighter we can make our spirits glow during and after the illumination process, determines the amount of physical healing we can receive from the 'spirit' aspect of our being that exists in infinity.

Sometimes our spirit, and the energy imprints left from our souls development path need time to heal. But once that is done, we are then taught how to come back and visit.

When the time is right, your Dad will be ready to be with you again. But at the moment he's going through adjustment to his new home.

All the love and light in the universe...

Ascended Master

bandofangels 21-04-2006 09:17 PM

AM..thank you sooo much for helping me to understand..I see that I have alot to learn, and I appreciate the time you have taken with me to explain it better in terms I understand now...It's been very hard for me to deal with, and I don't sleep good since his passing, I guess I have been worried about him, but I think now I can sleep a little better..so thank you!

2498charm 23-04-2006 12:05 AM

Is it wrong?

I have lost. I have been lost. I have been haunted by a loved one. I have been lovingly visited by a loved one. Head a small warning though hun. If they don't wish to be disturbed the visit might not be pleasant. Careful what you ask for.

Ascended Master 23-04-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandofangels
AM..thank you sooo much for helping me to understand..I see that I have alot to learn, and I appreciate the time you have taken with me to explain it better in terms I understand now...It's been very hard for me to deal with, and I don't sleep good since his passing, I guess I have been worried about him, but I think now I can sleep a little better..so thank you!

Ahhh, that was really nice to hear. Thank you too...

A little under 3 years ago, I felt the loss of my 'brother', my best and only real friend. I don't always know he's around, and quite how much of a part he plays in guiding me? But now and again his presence can be felt, when my energy is right, and when I feel the light within my heart?

Scientifically speaking, my light is in the same space as his, so when I walk in in the dark, it is impossible for him to be felt?

Everyone we've ever known and will ever know is eternal though - and that's generally what helps to keep the light shining brightly! As often as I can find a way of feeling it! :smile:

Bless you and your Dad!

AM

bluespirit 08-05-2006 11:16 AM

As I said on a previous post,I lost my hubby 2 months ago. On the day he passed over,I immediately felt him round me. I talked to him in my mind,said how much I was going to miss him,shouted at him in the next breath about leaving me,showed so many emotions in ten minutes,I didn't know what I felt. I still miss him now terribly but several times I have asked him to go on,which I feel he has.
But now and again,I feel that touch on my hair and I know he is there.
I never force it now,I wait for him to come to me if he wants.

eternity 14-07-2006 10:21 AM

Hello Princess,
No it is not wrong,it is a lovely and kind thought.However it does not help the learning that the soul is now going through.The soul has accepted eath and is trying to move on with lots of help in the next plane.
It is better to send all your love and let them progress as is intended.
Light and grace.
Eternity.