Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   which is your favourite animal? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14783)

Wildamapola 04-03-2015 12:07 PM

Butterflies and dogs

praveece 04-03-2015 02:03 PM

goats.......that Jesus Christ loved grazing it...

Treehugger 04-03-2015 03:53 PM

All those (except snakes & bugs) mentioned for me too!!
I've always loved deer, also elephants, giraffes and otters.

Louisa 06-03-2015 04:23 PM

the whole canine family,.. dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, ...
and the whole feline family too..

i think i relate more to cats as for my own personality? but i like to have a dog around because they are so empathic and always want to comfort and please. but i really think i relate more to cats? especially silly playful ones. they are the pure carnivores and i think that because of that they are more playful.. thinking of all those silly cat videos :D

i also love otters. they seem so full of energy and mischief.

i like animals that are energetic and mischievious most of all i think.

love so many animals, though.. how can i choose a favorite??! they all deserve love. :)

Nature Grows 24-03-2015 10:57 PM

I like animals, especially the great Elephants.

DasBubenheim 27-03-2015 02:47 AM

I used to be very attached to snow leopards and considered them my favorite.

Now I have a very difficult time choosing only one!

Kiran65 08-04-2015 04:02 AM

I love all animals, but skunks have always been my fave.

Howla Dark 29-04-2015 11:43 AM

I like a load of animals, sorry I can't pick one.
Wolf.
Cats.
Raccoons.
Lemurs.
Spiders.
Red pandas.
Fruit bats.

FenixxPope 29-04-2015 04:46 PM

I love all animals, so it's hard to pick just one, so I'll name a few.

Cheetahs
Dolphins
Peregrine Falcon
Snakes
Pigs
Otters
Wolves

kindness&light 30-04-2015 10:01 AM

Cats are my favourite, but all animals are amazing...

Shaunc 30-04-2015 11:04 AM

I have a soft spot for all animals & my 2 older boys often make fun of me & refer to me as Noah & the backyard as my ark. I find it hard to pick just one but if forced I'd have to pick the humble chicken. Friendly & hardy, found all over the world, probably 100 different types. Over the centuries they have supplied mankind with meat & eggs. Kept as pets & in times gone by for sport as well. Probably every city, town & village should have a statue in the main street dedicated to the humble chicken.

elviec55 03-06-2015 10:06 AM

I love Lions and Cats buuuuut if I had to be an animal I wouldn't mind being a Dolphin only because the ocean has never been truly explored and there's so much we will never know about the greatest depths of the ocean, i'd like to think the intelligent dolphins know ALL about it!

crazydoglady 05-06-2015 12:42 PM

Elephants! The gentle giants of nature :) It's a shame they are being killed for their tusks... breaks my heart

Actually i like all animals.
I would like to own a pig one day, or rescue pigs from being slaughtered. ( don't realy know if it's possible but one can dream right? :) )

youngwarriorwholovesGod 24-08-2015 12:52 AM

Big Cats !!!

Black Jaguars an Jaguars are my favorite :) so strong and cuddly !!!!

Catharsis 15-09-2015 03:03 AM

It's hard to pick a favourite because I love nearly every animal I've encountered. Each one is a beautiful, unique expression of life. I have always been quite fond of turtles and tortoises—so wise looking, just taking their time observing their surroundings. :love5:

Clover 15-09-2015 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Foxes ! - just about the most adaptive animal in Britain, thriving in urban environments. Revered by our ancestors as being wise and, being a burrowing animal, having a link into more than one realm of being, carrying messages between Middle Earth [here] and Underworld. Old foxes were said to carry pearls of wisdom in their heads.

[@SQ - so wadja fink about Dr Who, mes ami ? :hug2:]

I adore foxes.They are beautiful creatures.

Elephants are amazing..

I also like cats. meow.

icebluefaerie 29-09-2015 11:37 PM

Dolphins are my favorite. My dream is to go swimming with them someday. They are just amazing, healing, wonderful. Of course, I believe all animals are special. I also like cats, pandas, elephants, and tigers. It is SAD to me that some people think they don't deserve our respect. I love the response of, if you don't think an animal has a soul, just look into their eyes. It's obvious that they feel things. And although animal hoarding is a huge problem, I have noticed a common theme among their answers from watching the show, animals don't judge. It is true. They don't care what you look like or how much money you make. All they care about is that you treat them with love and kindness. I believe God put them on this earth for a REASON. We could learn a thing or two from animals and our pets!

Shivani Devi 21-11-2015 11:00 PM

My puppy dog!

I just love it when he sits at my feet waiting to jump up onto my lap, but he's waiting for the 'okay' from me first!

He just stares at me, wagging his tail...and keeps staring at me, wagging his tail...

I stare back at him...deep into his loving eyes and he wags his tail even faster...he's saying 'c'mon, tell me I can jump up...c'mon'.

After about 5 minutes of just staring him out, I'm like 'okay, you can jump up' and he wastes no time doing so, giving me a doggy kiss on the nose after his mission has been accomplished.

I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.

Shivani Devi 22-11-2015 07:51 AM

I also love it when I just jump out of the shower (I live alone and don't close the bathroom door) and as soon as the water tap gets turned off, my puppy appears from wherever he was and goes "just look at YOU, all wet, you are...that feels terrible, I know...here, let me dry you off and make you more comfy" and then he starts licking all the water droplets rolling down my calves and feet.

Priceless!

Shrek 22-11-2015 09:16 AM

Dog woof woof
they seem can understand human more

Shinsoo 23-11-2015 05:10 PM

Cats--always loved cats. So wise. You just KNOW they're divine in nature--everything is, of course, but with cats the feeling is stronger.

I have a cat whom I am quite attached to, she even comes to meditate with me and sits on my chest while I do such. And she always seems to know when I need to feel loved--senses my moods instantly.

That said, I do like other animals too.

oldasthesea 25-11-2015 09:33 PM

I love Lions and Dogs but i´ve fell in love with Cats like Shinsoo says they are wise. :)

RedEmbers 27-11-2015 07:19 PM

There are 4500 species of cockroachs in the world and only a tiny percentage of them are considered pets (sorry, I mean pests) :D

The common roaches are tough, resilient and adaptable... which are good traits to have.
The remaining couple of thousand species live out in the leaf litter and munch the leaves... they are very good recyclers who help the forests go round and round and round for infinity, hopefully :D

Today my most admired animal is the misrepresented cockroach... all hail the cockroach.

jacqueline 25-12-2015 01:42 AM

I love medusa- they are fascinating because of their 98%-watered body with no brain. And recently scientists have discovered they are immortal (or can be if they want, because they have the mechanism that enables them to re-young their cells). And they are stunningly beautiful.

I also love dolphins and wild cats (all of them- Jaguar, Puma, Lion, Cheetah and so on).

Dogs are on my top list too, home-cats recently too.

Not to forget about the beautiful coliber :smile:

alexandra_of_earth 17-02-2016 10:49 PM

I don't think I could choose just one, but cats have to be a favourite of mine.

cress 18-02-2016 12:58 PM

Cats!

I love love cats, and was long dreaming for having an all-white cat. Female, preferably. And guess what, a stray all-white cat come to my house! Of course i take care of her. But too bad, she's pregnant and all my families hate cat's tick, i have to release her back to her real home (i think she's one of my neighbor's, they have lots of cats).

I adore white tiger too, and dolphins, and recently, butterfly (how pretty they're!)

Ilovecats 11-04-2016 09:33 PM

Cats. I am intrigued by them since childhood. Can't explain it with words. I guess it was love at first sight :smile:

Somnia 11-04-2016 10:39 PM

Wolves! :D

jimrich 11-04-2016 11:54 PM

All of them

They are ALL my favorites - even the ones that I have to or choose to EAT! I love, respect and adore ALL animals and feel just a little weird that I stoop to eating those who others have put on my plate. If it were up to me, I'd not eat any animal whatsoever. Well, I guess that's ****. since I obviously have a choice to eat or not eat animals - sorry. :confused:

Deepsoul 13-04-2016 03:00 AM

I love Cats too and Dogs and Birds.I dont think theres an animal I dont like but these ones I see everday , and they are very lovely!

Sarian 13-04-2016 04:32 PM

I can't pick one. I have several cats and a very big dog and have had many pets over the years...but when I'm out on the trails, I come across so many animals and birds and fowl and I adore them all. It's too hard to pinpoint any one...plus so many I've not seen in person. Same as I can't single out one certain flower or tree as my favorite.

Naga Saturn 09-06-2016 05:18 PM

Ducks and cats. I've raised a duckling when I was a kid, he was so cute. A little yellow blob that followed me everywhere and quacked when I walked trough the garden, to make sure I wouldn't leave the poor thing like any human child does as well at certain age.
He was always so happy when he could swim in his little bath tub we made for him and his brother (my parents and me raised two but one was a bit clingy to me). I loved the little guy so much, even made a little house for him and his brother out of lego outside haha.
Sadly my parents traded them with people...nothing I could do about it but they must've felt betrayed. Cried my eyes out.

But I will never forget my little beastie.
Cats I like because i've been raised with them and many other animals, all playing together in harmony, even dogs. They never attacked the ducklings or guinea pigs either. Mutual respect!

That's it :)

Somnia 10-06-2016 12:50 AM

Oh I Love ducks! I always look forward to when the migratory ducks fly to Texas and set up their Winter home/nests at the lake (I live on lakefront property)...They are so cute and fun to watch when they waddle on dry land...Heehee...I love hearing them talk (quack)... *quack quack!* :tongue:

I also love cats! :D

Tobi 10-06-2016 01:21 AM

The more I think about it the more it's dog....:D

Unseelie Queen 10-06-2016 02:44 AM

Cats, wolves and birds are my favorites overall.

I love the goofy, nocturnal, dumpster-diving creatures like possums, raccoons and rats. (I feel a special affinity with them, no idea why) Possums are so smart and sweet! And raccoons are fascinating socially.

Also ALL birds. EVERY BIRD. Especially vultures and corvids. And African grey parrots! And Indian ringnecks and cockatoos.. (Though I want to weep every time I think of the enormous number of birds who are mistreated and neglected due to the general public ignorance about their needs.. They're extremely social, needy and emotional animals.)

And beavers and ducks and burrowing owls! And giraffes. ALSO, COWS. I ADORE COWS. They, too are very sweet, and gentle and curious. Oh and donkeys! Donkeys have such lively personalities.

I love seahorses.. Used to have a seahorse cameo necklace. (there was a real, dead seahorse inside! It was very pretty) I would love to have a pet pufferfish, somehow.

Naga Saturn 10-06-2016 06:23 AM

@Somnia
Lakefront house..sweet! Do you live in the woods or something? I envy that, my Elysium.

@Unseelie
Seahorses, good! I'm a capricorn so I like to heart hat

Somnia 10-06-2016 08:45 PM

@ Naga - I live in a lakefront community, so not exactly deep woods but there are a lot of trees around...I enjoy living in the rural countryside...city living feels stiffing/suffocating to me because of the close proximity of other houses/buildings/etc...I do have neighbors but they are a few acres away from my home (plus heaps of trees in between the houses) so it's good breathing room...

Also interesting sync in you say it's your Elysium and I'm listening to a song by Kamelot called "Veil of Elysium" (song here!)

Naga Saturn 10-06-2016 09:22 PM

Yet you've strayed so far from home....

it's hard to point people in the right direction when all that's left is right.

Somnia 11-06-2016 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
Yet you've strayed so far from home....

it's hard to point people in the right direction when all that's left is right.

Oh? Interesting...Where do you perceive my home to be I wonder? Curious...Curious...

Naga Saturn 11-06-2016 08:04 AM

@Somnia
It was more of a fun riddle I impulsively concocted. We have all strayed far from home, in this time I feel every wrong direction has been taken so all that's left is the road home (the right road).

(Great(!) band by the way, i've listened to them a lot!)