Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Belle 15-03-2013 02:36 PM

No man is happy without a friend nor sure of him til he's unhappy

Ralph Waldo Emerson

amy green 15-03-2013 02:39 PM

Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts. (Marianne Williamson)

amy green 15-03-2013 02:41 PM

I know you have read and like this one Miss H - thought I would include it in this new thread...

"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."

Ekhart Tolle

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2013 02:44 PM

And may I remind people that Marianne Williamson is /was a teacher
And student of A Course In Miracles...she was the one that first
Brought it more to the public in her first book, "A Return To Love".

A must read.
:smile:

YES, I luv that one by E. Tolle!!!

silent whisper 15-03-2013 02:47 PM

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
John the Apostle

silent whisper 15-03-2013 02:50 PM

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein.

Animus27 15-03-2013 06:40 PM

“Wretched men cringe before tyrants who have no power, the victims of their trivial hopes and fears. They do not realise that anger is hopeless, fear is pointless and desire all a delusion. He whose heart is fickle is not his own master, has thrown away his shield, deserted his post, and he forges the links of the chain that holds him.”
― Boethius, 480-525 CE

Nameless 16-03-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus27
Where did he say that? It sounds like a misquote of John 14:6. But I concede that he may have made a remark such as that in a noncanonical gospel; although, I don't recall it.

It was the first words he spoke to me :)

Quagmire 16-03-2013 01:50 AM

Take the apple. It is not god that creates the apple but the apple tree. You might note that god created the apple tree yet the apple tree creates itself mighty and beautiful from a tiny seed that was stored and nurtured within an apple.

:icon_eek:

Miss Hepburn 16-03-2013 02:07 PM

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.

~Dr. Wayne Dyer