Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Dreams (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Please Interpret (it's short) (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52364)

Fairfre 06-06-2013 10:03 AM

Your very welcome.

IsleWalker 06-06-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1127
I believe dream interpretation is a two-way process that should be done with full information about a person's life and their associations to dream images. It can be done collaboratively with several interpreters. It's not trying to predict something that can be a "hit" or a "miss," but rather finding patterns, which ultimately only the dreamer can confirm.

I think you have too fragile an image of interpreters. On this forum, and the other two I'm on (that do dream interpretation), many interpreters will speak up and contradict each other.

Yeah, I have to agree Verdican. This isn't performance art--not a psychic reading, it's just folks helping other folks figure it out. They are the final arbiter if it is right.

Just two more cents on the subject. I don't really think anyone can do a dream interpretation and hit "100%" without the help of the dreamer. Like I said--cooperative endeavor.

Lora

Gordon 06-06-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1127
Do you believe that all dreams are prophetic or should have the quality of a psychic reading?

Just the dreams we remember. I think the Divine Source speaks to us through these dreams, yes.

Quote:

Because that's not my perspective at all. I believe they are ways of rehearsing the present-moment issues in our lives, but from the perspective of the unconscious rather than the ego. Now, sometimes a close reading of the present-moment circumstances can be prophetic. To give an exaggerated example, if I spend half my waking time thinking about college, applying to college, etc. it can be reasonably predicted that soon I will be in college. Or, you could say that dreams bring our priorities -- from the perspective of "our whole persons," not from the limited ego--into awareness.

Well, that's a psychological approach to dream interpretation, which is fine. I personally have always wondered about the value of such interpretations, though, because it always seem like they're describing the water to a drowning person.

Like you could take my dream and say, well, you have a male/female conflict. But my response would be, "...and?"

The psychologist might say, "and nothing, that's all the dream means." But personally, dreams seem to have a greater significance to the dreamer. The dreamer is always left asking, "Why those images? Why in that order? Why with that plot structure? Why at this moment?"

Psychologically, my dream was spurred by the discussion I had earlier that night with the tech. But it seemed to conclude with a message, and then when I looked at my chart, it seemed the message was clear.

But, I could be wrong. It just seems like the dream meant more than just a reply of stress and daily events.

Quote:

But a lot of the time, it's about becoming aware of aspects of ourselves and how we relate to them, just that (no predictions in sight).

In your interpretation, Edward, you didn't say much about who this woman is, and how you relate to her. I believe she is really part of yourself and that the dream wants you to look at how you relate to her. In the dream, were you helping her to live in her post-glory days?

In the dream she was like a guide, so I think she was a spirit guide. She knew I thought she looked old and worn out. She showed me her phone. She led me to the apartment. The other patients were hanging around there. I don't know her at all. And I couldn't really describe her to you. Perhaps she looked like a patient I have, I don't know.

A part of myself? Okay, but she seemed to have more significance than that. She seemed in control of the dream, not me in my dream body. She was leading the way.

Quote:

The thing about medication for dilating pupils--isn't that done by doctors to help people see in? I don't believe that is done to help people see out. Edward's associations may tell us something about this, but if it is indeed true that these medications were meant to help the doctor examine the patient's eyes, then the focus of the dream shifts slightly. That image is about the dreamer (Edward) possibly seeing into the woman, or possibly not seeing her.

Okay, so what does that mean? What should I do?

Quote:

The idea of looking through her photos and video, to me, fits with looking into her. Those two details together give me a stronger association. But again we must ask Edward: do you recall if you were helping her to see who she was? Or was she telling you who she was? Who was helping whom?

Honestly, she seemed to be helping me. Like I said, she was controlling this dream, not me.

Quote:

But only Edward's associations can tell us which is the stronger match. I mean associations to individual dream images. So in other words, Edward, forget what you think the meaning of the dream is. Just brainstorm a list of associations you have to this particular m edication and how it is used.

Well, why brainstorm if I'm just supposed to forget what I think the meaning of the dream is?

IsleWalker 06-06-2013 07:34 PM

Edward,

OK. I'll play devil's advocate here. You said "Honestly, she seemed to be helping me. Like I said, she was controlling this dream, not me."

So? What was she trying to show you? That's the core of the dream--of any dream. What do you suspect she was showing you?

Lora

CrystalSong 06-06-2013 07:58 PM

This is what came to me, please disregard if it doesn't resonant with you.

Stealing represents "lack of" or 'belief in lack of" or 'not enough of'.... Therefore the medication (the missing thing) would be perceived as something that's missing and needs to be gained. The fact that it's medication which represents altering things to be less painful or in some other way 'improve us', is interesting.

The visitation to skid row and a way of life leading on to a perceived low point is interesting also.
The woman showing the photo of what was and then the skid row visit is like connecting together dots of a life path in which something was missing and it led to a place of little hope (skid row) The stripper representing the desires of the flesh, surface satisfaction only, ie food, entertainment, sensation etc. Not spirit, but only body and mind.

It could be this dream is showing you (because it was you stealing the meds) that there are many forks in the road and the desires of the body and mmind are no longer suiting you. But through living more consciously, with a sense of fullness, KNOWING there is nothing missing, all is within you already, but perhaps not fully discovered and brought forward.
Looking for something artificial outside your self leads to a place of No Hope. Looking through expanded vision (through spirit) is what is suggested possibly?

Think back on the discussion with your psych test friend, was something triggered in that conversation that might have led to a subconscious upwelling in dreams of a life once sensed more deeply and filled with a stronger sense of satisfaction, a feeling of being more vital and of moment to moment meaning? A time back then when you knew you were spot on on the Path, living and experiencing exactly as you were meant to in accordance with a greater Purpose?

That the medication is to dilate pupils is fascinating, this speaks to me of Eye Opening, as in awakening to Bigger pictures. Activating the third eye and so on, very spirit based symbology in the choice of medication.

As to the woman herself, I get no impressions, she feels like a prop to me for showing the medications and the skid row place of No Hope and End. A vehicle of sorts to tie elements together. A tour guide through the dreamworld to important stops.

It would seem your spirit or higher self is calling to you, saying it is time to become aware in higher planes, to not do so is to stay bound to the corporeal reality only which could be seen as skid row a place of No Hope because it is disconnected from the larger being of the Self and only has knowledge of the physical.

again, ignore me if this doesn't resonate. =)

IsleWalker 06-06-2013 08:11 PM

Edward--

I have taken your invitation offered in PM to publish our last PM. It has to do with your analysis of my dream and, honestly, about your attitude toward dreams, what they are, etc. I would like to get other people's opinions about this topic.

Edward--

Quote:
Hmmm...not sure how to take the analysis.

From the time you said you got the analysis, to the time you sent this e-mail was only a very few minutes. I find it hard to believe you gave it much consideration. But that's your choice. It's totally up to you what you do with it.

Quote:
While I do believe I have issues of value/worth and financial are an issue at the moment, I don't really think that is what the dream is about.

You have to understand, I don't really care what you think the dream is about. I know that sounds harsh, but as in interpreter, that's where I'm coming from. I'm very analytical. You record the dream; I interpret the dream. I may be wrong. I may miss. But my interpretation is my interpretation. I honestly, typically, will not even interpret a dream where the dreamer has put forward their own ideas. But I wanted to do one, and yours was interesting, and so I set that rule aside. But this PM from you only reinforces why I formed the rule in the first place.

If you can interpret your dream, you do not need, nor do you want me messing in it. All I can do for you that will make you happy, once you interpreted it, is to agree with you. I'm the same way--everyone is.

Quote:
I must say--I am somewhat surprised by your attitude about people's own thoughts about their dreams. You seem to easily dismiss people's own ideas about their dreams, where I feel that only Ican truly know when I hear the "truth" for me.

Okay. I hear you. And that's a very typical viewpoint regarding dreams, and it's valid. But I would then ask this: Why come to me?

See, if you come to me, then I do you a disservice if I don't give you what I am supposed to give you, which is my unbiased analysis based on the talents I have--if any.

Quote:
I'm curious--are you intending to eventually have a paid dream analysis service? I think people would want it.

No. Absolutely not. I did that in the past, and within three months all I was doing is servicing narcissists who were more than willing to pay for me to tell them how great they are. Coming back to this, I have decided I will only make my money indirectly, like through the sale of books or classes, or speaking engagements or something like that. My readings will always remain untouchable.

That's why I take such care in documenting them. I think they are communications from the Divine Source. See, the lesson of your dream may have been for you, but I got to listen in, too. I got to overhear what the Divine was teaching you. Your dream, in the end, may be more important to me than it is to you. Strange, huh?

Quote:
I hope you will value the intuition of those having the dreams--IMO they are the only ones who can know! I somehow get a feeling that you just want them to step aside and you'll do the analysis.

Honestly, that's true. And I'm not trying to be an curmudgeonly about it, but that is exactly how I see it. The dreamer's role is to have the dream and make the official recording of it. Once I have that recording, I will not allow the dreamer to correct it or modify it or change any details, not even spelling or grammar. The act of recording it is still part of the ongoing message.

Quote:
Sorry--you get that I am a direct person. I am just trying to give you honest feedback, thinking that you are trying to learn more about the direction you are heading. But I'm only one person.

Hey, I love it, and I appreciate it, and I'm glad we had this talk. Also, feel free to bring any of this PM up in the forum for other's opinions. Nothing I've written here do I consider private. But I will respect your privacy and never mention it if you don't.

Quote:
Thank you so much for the analysis. I don't know anyone else doing this kind of analysis.

Lora

CrystalSong 06-06-2013 08:13 PM

Hmmm if the woman represents your higher self/Spirit and the egoaic you is stealing the eye opening medicine, it is like calling out to your Higher Self to make contact....and spirit does and shows you....what moment of epiphany did you have in the conversation with your friend? (rhetorical question, no need to tell me, the answer is just for you)
It seems like it activated something and your Spirit is responding with affirmation that you need to alter course to get the fulfillment you remembered having been at at once time.
Perhaps?
Maybe?

IsleWalker 06-06-2013 08:32 PM

Edward--

Seems to me that we disagree so fundamentally about this because we disagree about what dreams are.

I feel some dreams are created because we, as consciousness, have experiences at a totally non-visual (non-astral) level. We interact with other consciousness.

Because it's difficult to convey all that is communicated energy-to-energy, consciousness-to-consciousness, we create these visual/auditory/tactile dreams to carry back to our waking consciousness the important lessons of the dream.

When we can't quite understand what a dream means, it's because some of the meaning has not made it back--but I feel it is there to be jogged or brought out.

So, in my world, it is not at all true that dreams are made and should never be messed with after they are "presented". They are not really for the world, they are for me to understand what my own Higher Self has experienced/learned and wishes me to know consciously, in 3D.

In your conception--the dream is created for ??the world?

It is a very strange conception, I think. It explains why you are so dismissive of the dreamer's own opinion about what it means.

For the record--even if I understand part of a dream, I ask for help (from you or others) because part of it just hasn't yet clicked as conveying the real message from me to me. I may understand what parts of it mean--but not all.

I also believe in the idea that we each have our own, unique sets of symbols that we have developed over this lifetime (and perhaps others). So when I see a curved glass case with "jewels" inside--it ties to DNA, string theory, strings of energy which contain on them the many "lives" I lived and live. But that's just me--literally, just me.

I am curious what others think about this.

Lora

P.S. And in my opinion, if you do have a gift for doing these readings, it is not out of the realm of possibility that (a) you might not be totally correct or that (b) you might not learn from each one. Expecting that "your gift" is 100% correct from the get-go seems unrealistic. Many people here have abilities, but they are always being honed/improved-upon. That's the basis of growth--we never know it all.

MusicMike 06-06-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veridican
Just the dreams we remember. I think the Divine Source speaks to us through these dreams, yes.

Well, that's a psychological approach to dream interpretation, which is fine. I personally have always wondered about the value of such interpretations, though, because it always seem like they're describing the water to a drowning person.

Like you could take my dream and say, well, you have a male/female conflict. But my response would be, "...and?"

As I do it, the analysis is always a lot more specific than something like "you have a male/female conflict." If you don't see the usefulness of something vague, I'm with you there.

I believe that dreams are trying to tell us something we aren't consciously acknowledging. And people have a lot of blind spots. So in the metaphor a drowning person might not know they are drowning. They need to be aware of that.

And why become aware of that? Because you can act on that information. Once you become aware you are drowning, you can swim.

In the case of your dream, what I would do is work with your associations to the older woman to make it something specific, so that you could actually identify the times she comes out during your daily life. And come up with some concrete meaning of "stealing" so that you can see where in your life you are doing that.

The benefit? Well, you can change what you doing once you are aware of it. It's just hard, as a human being, to get unstuck from a pattern until you are aware of it.

Quote:

The psychologist might say, "and nothing, that's all the dream means." But personally, dreams seem to have a greater significance to the dreamer. The dreamer is always left asking, "Why those images? Why in that order? Why with that plot structure? Why at this moment?"

Psychologically, my dream was spurred by the discussion I had earlier that night with the tech. But it seemed to conclude with a message, and then when I looked at my chart, it seemed the message was clear.

But, I could be wrong. It just seems like the dream meant more than just a reply of stress and daily events.

I could be wrong too, of course. I believe that it is up to the dreamer to confirm what's going on.

I am interested in the details of character and plot structure. I think it's very important.

I place a high value on a dream as "merely" a record of the day's events, because it is telling those events from a perspective the unconscious. A good perspective is a hard thing to come by, in life.

Quote:

Okay, so what does that mean? What should I do?

(regarding the question of the function of the medication) Are you asking how the function of the medication affects your action taken in response to this dream? I don't really know, but I think it would be useful to delve into it. Brainstorming a list of associations to this medication could help look for a more specific meaning.

Regarding my statement "forget what you think the dream means, and brainstorm": what I mean is temporarily forget about finding a meaning to the dream. Eventually, once you have a list of associations to each dream image, you can start to look for patterns.

What I mean is, brainstorm about each dream image individually before trying to combine them into a larger meaning.

-Mike

MusicMike 06-06-2013 08:53 PM

Regarding my perspective toward dreams, at the most basic level I believe they are a rehearsal of life, so in the dream you do all the things you do in life. Except that the dream is speaking from a much broader perspective than the conscious ego. That is what makes it valuable.

Because the dream is speaking of things that the ego doesn't directly experience, the language of dreams needs to be symbolic.

Personally, I don't try to resolve questions about whether I have a soul, whether consciousness is non-material, etc. I think that I can look at a dream as a thing unto itself, and I can act on what it tells me, without needing to have ultimate answers to the nature of life and the universe.

I should add that dreams seem to point to some seed of a potential, often. Let's say that I never go to church, but somewhere in me I know that I should. And let's say that throughout my day I have mini-experiences that are something like being in church. Then I might dream of being in church. In that case, the dream is expressing the potential in the seeds. The dream is still talking about what is actually there, but in this case also expressing where it could go.

-Mike