Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   A Note About Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122342)

bartholomew 30-04-2018 10:45 AM

A Note About Channeling

This is just a short post to say that in my experience as a conscious channel the feelings that are present during a session indicate a connection to some higher place. One that I normally do not move about in. In this state I either speak to a group or write in private. No matter. There is a rush of ideas and images that sometimes come at me so fast that I cannot keep up. Later I try to analyze with the aim of improving. One thing I note, always note, is that after the session ends and I "come down" again and read what transpired I find that since the connection is gone and the "magic" with it the narrative lacks the vitality it seemed to have just a few moments before.

The above is the way it is with me so very often. So to compensate I always try to write quickly and to remember. I also try to proof read immediately but this is not easy as I am often tired from the effort.

These comments seem to confirm to me that the connection was real and not imagined. One more thing that I didn't say is that the usual progression of time seems different too.

I've been at it now for a couple of decades, almost three, with channeling. I know from speaking with other channels that most of this is common. The last thing to say is this. When a session begins it does so suddenly. I can feel it. I feel the connection being made. And I can sense now that my consciousness is expanded too. Later it stops and things go back to normal.

I am relating all this so that those who have an interest might gain some insights. Will you experience the same things as I? I would say that you would, yes but not necessarily so dramatically. I'm a Gemini after all and we tend to overdo things.

If there are those reading this who think they have a calling to be a channel I say just relax and allow it to happen. There is not too much difference between a writer with a vivid imagination at work on a novel and a channel doing his or her thing. I think the two are similar.

A last comment is this. Just before I began conscious channeling I was contacted by my friend in spirit, Bartholomew in an explicit way (automatic writing). I have spoken with others who shared such an experience. Is this common? Maybe. The prospective channel might watch for such an event.

James

John32241 30-04-2018 03:41 PM

Hi James,

Thank you for these insights.

John

bartholomew 30-04-2018 08:21 PM

John, thanks for the response. I see by your profile that you and I have much in common.... even age! I find it to be of great interest the way so many people seem to naturally intersect with the subtle planes. In my case it's mainly my palm chakras that have been open all my life. I have even seen them. I can easily feel auras and physical pains such as tumors in bodies. I used to literally take the pains of others into my own body through compassion/empathy, not understanding what was going on. But when the time was right I met those who knew more than I did. Now I work through this forum. The business of soul contact to produce readings is source of wonder enough.

I believe in the natural inclination of we humans towards telepathy, in it's many forms. Having seen examples of it quite often have written about it.

Age and location... two interesting aspects. You are in Lowell, MA. I am in Vancouver, WA. A third sensitive located in, say, New Orleans or Brownsville or Key West would constitute a triangle of force which could work to "heal".

Thanks for the note... James

John32241 30-04-2018 11:17 PM

Hello James,

Yes I noticed that you and I were the same age. I agree that telepathy, in its many forms, will play a big role in human evolution and healing.

I like to advocate self healing through self telepathy. Making peace with our own inner demons goes a long way towards dealing with external negative energies. Compassion for all that we are is the key for that philosophy.

John

linen53 19-07-2018 05:10 PM

You do so much good James and Bartholomew. You just put yourself out there for the benefit of others. :hug: Most people don't realize just how taxing this is on the body. It's nice to remind us so we can appreciate what you give us.

bartholomew 19-07-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
You do so much good James and Bartholomew. You just put yourself out there for the benefit of others. :hug: Most people don't realize just how taxing this is on the body. It's nice to remind us so we can appreciate what you give us.

Brother I sit on a sofa with feet up, a cup of coffee at my side proofing what Bart writes. Once in a while I actually do something. ha ha...

linen53 19-07-2018 08:27 PM

Yeah, but (don't ya love 'yeah but' statements) you also have a real job to go to every day. :o/

bartholomew 19-07-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but (don't ya love 'yeah but' statements) you also have a real job to go to every day. :o/

Not any more. When I turned 76 a month ago I finally retired for good. Now the garden beckons but I can take all the naps I want. ha ha... But, but, but...etc

linen53 19-07-2018 11:28 PM

That is wonderful to know, James. Naps and gardens sounds comfy and right for you.

bartholomew 19-07-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

That is wonderful to know, James. Naps and gardens sounds comfy and right for you.

I'm building a greenhouse in which I will grow herbs to use in cooking. My relatives in Ukraine and Russia have traditions of summer houses (dachas) where they go to swim in the river and relax but also to grow and preserve (usually by pickling) all sorts of veggies for the winter. Doing these is easy but to make them extra super one needs the right seasonings which mean various herbs some of which cannot easily be found here in the US. So I want to try my hand at growing and canning here as I learned to do there. Oh.... I do spiritual stuff too. (I almost forgot):cool: