Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lucid Dreaming (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Three Easy Lucid Dreaming Techniques (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11467)

Simon Karlos 21-02-2011 07:11 AM

Three Easy Lucid Dreaming Techniques

Three Easy Lucid Dreaming Techniques
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. Here are a few easy techniques for programming lucid dreams that have worked for me:

#1: "Looking For Your Hands"
This one is from The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda. All you do is go to bed with a clear intent to look at your hands in the dream state. That's it. When it happens and you dream about looking at your hands, you will instantly remember that you must be dreaming, and you will then become lucid. The dream will suddenly become very vivid and solid-looking. (It took Carlos Castaneda, the author, a year of practicing this before it worked for him! For me, it happened a very short time after I began practicing it.)

#2: "Neptune's Trident"
I created this technique as a form of "dream magic," one could call it. Very easy! All you do is take a marker or pen and draw the astrological glyph for the planet Neptune (which represents dreams, spirituality, etc.) on your palm. The symbol is an upright trident, and if you aren't familiar with how it looks you can find it online. (I used to draw it on my left palm, since the left side of the body is controlled by the right brain hemisphere, which is associated with imagination and intuition. But either hand will work.) Do this before going to sleep, with a clear intent to have a lucid dream. With practice, this technique can work almost every time you use it; but of course, if you don't want to write on your hand, you can use any other way you choose as a way to program your subconscious for a lucid dream.

#3: "Am I dreaming right now? Is this a dream?"
Another no-brainer! Throughout the day, stop and ask yourself if you are dreaming, really making the question seem very important. This is also very, very effective, and is a classic technique that is often recommended to beginners. It also helps to do it standing before a mirror, or when you are about to flick off a light switch. (Many people have found that switching off lights while lucid dreaming doesn't work for them, but this is not a given, just a common experience for some.) I mention it here because it can be used with this technique, such as when you flick the light switch off and the light goes out you can then say, "Oh, I must not be dreaming." This is just a way to program the subconscious for an LD, but ANY method you create can work for you...

Best Wishes
Kar

LadyVirgoxoxo 21-02-2011 05:05 PM

Thanks Kar, I'll be sure to try these out!
But what's the importance of lucid dreaming?

45Uberti 23-02-2011 07:39 AM

Hey there Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to put together these ideas and methods, I'll be sure to give them a shot. If you have any more please go ahead and share them with us!

s0ultraveller 23-02-2011 08:18 AM

Thank you very much :)

tragblack 23-02-2011 08:28 AM

A perfect post to read right before bedtime. Thanks!

The first one is the most intriguing to me.

Simon Karlos 23-02-2011 02:34 PM

Hi friends, I am pleased you've enjoyed this thread. :) You are very welcome.

To LadyVirgoxoxo: I appreciate that question. :) Lucid dreaming has no importance in itself. Perhaps a more pertinent question one could ask themselves about it is, "How may lucid dreaming serve me?" or "How may I best use it to serve me?"

Peace
Kar

LadyVirgoxoxo 24-02-2011 12:09 AM

So with lucid dreaming I can make anything happen to me in the dream? I can thik that I want pie and pie will just show up??

Simon Karlos 24-02-2011 01:09 AM

Lucid Dream Control

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
So with lucid dreaming I can make anything happen to me in the dream? I can thik that I want pie and pie will just show up??

Whatever you wish, yes. Your focus and control depends on your thought/beliefs/feelings about yourself and your abilities. Some people can easily manipulate the dreamscape, and do so. Some can, but choose instead to enjoy it as it is as a product of the subconscious. Others find it very difficult to change the dream, or have minimal control (but only because of subconscious beliefs that would hinder them). Best wishes. :happy7:

P.S.

Another helpful tip:

Listening to music that moves you deeply before going to sleep, with an intent to have a lucid dream, can greatly assist you in having one. :D Try this magical music, from my epic playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBZHw8kvVc

Kar

LadyVirgoxoxo 24-02-2011 03:46 AM

YES! I shall try it one day and create an island full of free ice cream and sexy Native American men!

spiritualysurrounded 24-02-2011 01:05 PM

another way is kinda like looking at your hands. the spirits told me this one and it works. but every time i realized im dreaming i get pulled out of it. but any ways

if you talk to the spirits at all ask them to put something in your hand. even if you dont talk to them, just ask out loud to what ever is listening " i want to dream tonight and i want to be in the know, will you please place something in my hand?" extend your hand out as some one is giving you something see if you cant feel them place it there. use your imagination. any sensation use it.

close your hand in front of you. watch your self close it. then close your eyes and go to sleep telling your self you have something in your hand. over and over. keep your hand closed.

in your dream you will have intent to look at your hands and wonder what was put in it. try to tell your self to look in your hand. iv done this a couple times. it worked once but im still practicing.

and you do you will find something in your hand. i found a green box in mine when i did it. but it will help you connect the idea that what they are and what dreams are aren't that far apart. they they can have as much influence in your dream as life.

also a dream gives templates to energy, what they place in your hand is a replicate in energy of the object, but your dream will place a cover on it so you can see it.

this is a great concept to visualize your day some times. or analyze your dreams.

if you can talk to a spirit and do this the next morning tell them what you found. ask them if its right. mine was and when i noticed it, it was like something clicked in my consciousness allowing me to comprehend a new understanding of spiritual planes with dreams states and the physical plane.

Ladofthelight 24-02-2011 02:18 PM

As an attestment to lucid dreaming in general...

Self-hypnotic suggestion, or "subconscious conditioning" most definitely does work...

After spending some time "suggesting" to myself last night that "I control my dreams and remember these dreams and visions".

I had a lucid dream. It happened naturally once I was tired enough to fall into the light sleep state. I decided to give it a shot because I have not been sleeping well, so i thought I would take advantage of the insomnia.

It was pretty wild really. It is everytime! I have experienced a couple different types of "Dream vision" in the lucid state. Last night I had what I like to call "Porthole vision".

Do others know what I am talking about?

What are your thoughts? I like to hear the opinions of others. I really don't make much of it because I have found that to be an impediment in my dreaming/AP desires.

Love.

Simon Karlos 24-02-2011 04:13 PM

Dream Vision and the "Tunnel Technique"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
I had a lucid dream. It happened naturally once I was tired enough to fall into the light sleep state. I decided to give it a shot because I have not been sleeping well, so i thought I would take advantage of the insomnia.

It was pretty wild really. It is everytime! I have experienced a couple different types of "Dream vision" in the lucid state. Last night I had what I like to call "Porthole vision".

Do others know what I am talking about?

Hello, Ladofthelight.

I may be familiar, as I've had a lucid dream years ago in which I had a sort of "tunnel vision." There was a large "porthole" before me that I was approaching that showed a dream world. I recall that it felt as if I were in a sort of dark tunnel, yet I had no perception of being in a dream-body; it was if I were watching a movie. Well, as my vision approached the hole I saw an older Asian gentleman in a boat, and it was if I were right above him. (I was fully conscious that I was dreaming during this entire experience.) I believe he may have noticed me. It was if I were a camera that was exiting a dark room or tunnel space through a hole, and I had zoomed-in on a scene in the dreamworld. I recall wanting to fully enter this dreamworld and explore it, but after noticing the gentleman in the boat the dream faded and I awoke. Variations of this can also be used a technique in meditation, for a variety of types of conscious projections of consciousness, whether it be used for remote viewing, lucid dreaming, astral projection, etc. All experiences in consciousness are "projections," even this physical one.

Thanks very much for adding to this thread, my friend. :) -Kar

CJ82Sky 24-02-2011 04:19 PM

i do a few things before i go to sleep depending on what i want to accomplish.

my fave easiest one for calming troubled sleep (when stressed, frightened, having bad or odd or troubling dreams, or being called on by others for help) is to say over and over again as i fall asleep:

sleep like the dead, not a thought in my head

and to remember stuff, i will just say what i want to dream about or remember as i drift off to sleep. if i want to connect with a specific person i will say their name repeatedly and then usually when i sleep i can find or connect with them.

and always always before sleeping and when i first wake up i do my grounding/protection to keep myself from being vulnerable to attack and anything negative.

Ladofthelight 24-02-2011 04:29 PM

CJ8,

I agree with you on grounding, and protection...

Karlos,

That is pretty much what my "lucid vision" is like. It is crazy! Like I am looking into another world.

One time I wached a diamons ring with beautiful brilliance spinning around and around as if it were literally in my third eye. Then cartoons played out, and then the tunnel vision opened up to another world where I could control the "reality".

My lower chakras must have been active because I said, "OK, there will be a naked lady around this corner, if I am lucid dreaming" and there was. BUT it was a headless hermaphrodite!

hahaha!

Oh what fun!

Simon Karlos 24-02-2011 04:35 PM

Hi Spiritualysurrounded. Awesome, I really love that technique you shared! Blessings. -Kar

CJ82Sky 24-02-2011 04:58 PM

LOL to the headless hermaphrodite!

Ladofthelight 24-02-2011 05:45 PM

yeah, tell me about it! I was in some bizzaro place for sure!

abikisses 11-03-2011 04:10 PM

Synchronicity is an amazing thing!

I have been saying to myself daily for a week or so, several times in a day, with the intent to take the same behaviour into dream state; looking at the rings on my left hand, touching them, asking myself 1, where am I? and 2, am i aware with clarity?

I am sure any night now... :wink:

Blessings
Abikisses

Simon Karlos 02-04-2011 12:49 AM

Another highly effective technique I'm still developing for initiating lucid dreaming/astral projection/remote viewing is what one could call the "Google Maps Technique," or what I'll call the "Satellite Technique", which allows you to quickly "zoom-in" and project your consciousness/astral self to a desired "location."

stevek 05-04-2011 01:39 PM

I have had success at lucid dreaming in the past, and lately having noticed that I haven't in awhile, tried to pick it back up. I also recall that I used to have dreams of flying, or floating. They were great fun. I've heard that flying or floating often signifies a sense of success in ones life.

Also, I have heard that flying can be an Astral Projection thing. Having an interest in this, too, has lead me to try to lucid dream again, and to fly.

A few nights ago, I finally caught on to the fact that I was, in fact, dreaming. I was coming into a room, in which I knew there would be people singing around the corner. I decided that in my dream, I would alter it. I didn't want the people singing, so my mind pushed that idea away, and it gave me an empty room. I was then happy to have the empty room in which to float or fly. I felt like it was practice. So, there I was, and as some of my floating had gone in the past, I just kinda...took a lying down position. It worked. I was then suspended in the air...and that realization of dreaming kept becoming more and more of a realization until, sure enough, it turned to wakefulness.

Another attempt, last night. I knew I was dreaming, and I had told myself over and over before sleep, "Fly tonight". This time, I was in a factory work setting, and took the time to fly. It was akward and more effort filled. I kept jumping and almost doing a swimming breast-stroke, but it worked. I got better and better, realizing that I could reach the ceiling of this building in three grand breast-strokes, while other attempts took more effort. I did wake up feeling a dream-ending thought, "success".

Kinda funny.

Any comments on flying, or the significance of dream flying would be deeply appreciated. I know I am on the verge of full-on big-time flight again. Fun.

Simon Karlos 05-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek
Any comments on flying, or the significance of dream flying would be deeply appreciated. I know I am on the verge of full-on big-time flight again. Fun.

Hi Stevek. :cool: Thanks for your fun post, my friend. True, dream flying can signify a feeling of success. The general, basic desire for flight is freedom, to feel free, unbound. I always fly in an upright position, levitating, usually jumping off a building to get me started, or jumping up and floating, but I'd love to fly Superman-style. Blessings.

BlueSky 05-04-2011 03:47 PM

Thanks Simon,
I'm give the first one a try. i don't normally dream but i think it is because i don't get enough sleep.
When I sleep in, i tend to dream.
I always wanted to experience lucid dreaming.........
James

happy camper 06-04-2011 07:10 AM

Since it was asked earlier,what is the importance of lucid dreaming,I thought I post this.I have been re-reading Tibetan book of living and dying and I came across this in chapter 7 about explaining the bardos.

"Of course the bardos of death are much deeper states of consciousness than sleep and dream states,and far more powerful moments,but their relative levels of subtlety correspond and show the kind of links and parallels that exist between all different levels of conciousness.Masters often use this particular comparison to show just how difficult it is to maintain awareness during the bardo states.How many of us are aware of the change in consciousness when we fall asleep?Or of the moment of sleep before the dreams begin?How many of us are aware even when we dream that we are dreaming?Imagine then,how difficult it will be to remain aware during the turmoil of the bardos of death.
How your is in the sleep and dream state indicates how your mind will be in the corresponding bardo states;for example,the way in ,which you react to dreams,nightmares,and difficulties now shows how you might react after you die.
This is why the yoga of sleep and dream plays such an importanat part in the preparation for death.What a real practitioner seeks to do is to keep,unfailing and unbroken,his or her awareness of the nature of the mind throughout day and night,and so use directly the different phases of sleep and dream to recognize and become familiar with what happen in the bardos during and after death.
So we find two other bardos often included within the bardo of this life:the bardo of sleep and dream,and the bardo of meditation.Meditation is the practice of the daytime and sleep and dream yoga practices of the night."

Hope not too many typos,don't feel like checking..:smile:

BlueSky 06-04-2011 12:21 PM

Interesting! Thanks Happy Camper.
Anything from anything that has the word Tibetian in it always catches my eye!
James

LadyVirgoxoxo 09-04-2011 02:36 AM

That was pretty interesting Happy! thanks for sharing :smile: