Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What was the last movie you watched? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34318)

ameliorate 04-04-2021 10:35 AM

Reading this thread would be more interesting if members commented on the film they watched.

Anala 04-04-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliorate
Reading this thread would be more interesting if members commented on the film they watched.

Yes indeed! :smile:

Concrete cowboys is based on the real cowboys in Philadelphia.
The theme was surprising and well acted. (No spoilers :D )

A human Being 06-04-2021 11:49 AM

Watched 'Risen' last night, which is about the Roman authorities' efforts to track down Christ's body after his crucifixion - wasn't expecting to enjoy it but found it really engrossing, interesting to consider that whole situation from the perspective of the Roman hierarchy. Joseph Fiennes was excellent too (and what an attractive man he is, I must say), as was Peter Firth as Pilate.

Miss Hepburn 06-04-2021 01:30 PM

Nomadland on hulu - up for awards. Francis McDormand

A slow paced study of elderly job loss and whole towns closing up...
and wondering the USA in RV's,
vans living on $600 SS checks a month and/or seasonal jobs...and
help from families; and the human connections. Lots of heart.
Music by Ludovico Einaudi

Thank you, Amy...I stopped coming here since people just said the movie, period.

Anala 15-04-2021 12:10 AM

“The Big Year” on Disney Plus

Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson are birders competing to see the most birds in one year. I like the slower pace and the lessons to be learned. The birds and the scenery are amazing too!

Arjhan 15-04-2021 04:28 AM

"Snatch" from 2000 and Guy Ritchie.

Policeman: What's in the car?
Turkish: Seats and a steering wheel.
:laugh:

ameliorate 18-04-2021 03:43 PM

The Tree Of Life Well, managed to stay with and see the first part. Beautifully shot but badly in need of editing, i.e. pace far too slow with not sufficient content to engage the viewer. I admit I'm not exactly a fan of Nicole Kidman (which probably doesn't help!)

I have since read reviews - apparently many people walked out due to the storyline not being sufficiently engaging.

Anyone else see this and stayed for the 2nd part? Apparently it's about loss and, having come through a pandemic for over a year, I had no appetite for that particular theme.

Miss Hepburn 18-04-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjhan
"Snatch" from 2000 and Guy Ritchie.

Policeman: What's in the car?
Turkish: Seats and a steering wheel.
:laugh:

You would like "Cat Run'' ...little known movie...and
''Revolver''...did Guy do that one? Can't remember, but EXCELLENT -
Mob bosses, plus a spiritual aspect.
Stay till the end Deepak and others speak!

Arjhan 19-04-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You would like "Cat Run'' ...little known movie...and
''Revolver''...did Guy do that one? Can't remember, but EXCELLENT -
Mob bosses, plus a spiritual aspect.
Stay till the end Deepak and others speak!

Thanks! I've never heard of "Cat Run" so I'll look that up.

I have seen "Revolver" and loved it! Yes, it was also directed by Guy Ritchie. Many people on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes sites didn't seem to understand it, so it has low approval ratings. Well, their loss. I thought it was brilliantly done.

There's another humorous gangster/crime movie from England called "In Bruges" with Collin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Just one scene I remember where their crime boss gets so frustrated with them that he literally destroys his plastic landline phone in hanging it up :laughing11: Typical of British dry humor, too, so I think it's worth a look :smile:

Miss Hepburn 19-04-2021 02:35 PM

YES! 'In Bruges' !!!!! :smile: Btw, Cat Run has Janet Mcteer...omg, the BEST actress!