Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Forum Issues/Glitches/Bugs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13691)

kralaro 15-12-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamyMaryAlice
I keep getting Logged Out and have to log back in again

Do u check the "Remember Me?" box when logging in? If u r logging in from ur private device then u should check it.

kralaro 15-12-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winter light
The "New Posts" searches do not seem to be working. Even "previous month" I get a message saying no messages found. Thanks.

Just clear the cache of ur browser b4 opening New Posts links. That's the workaround to this bug. In my browser, for clearing cache, i select the shortest time range to clear.

flow.alignment 24-05-2021 04:44 PM

I'm at 18 posts but when I try to create a thread with a link, it still says:

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

Is it really 15 or is it another number, like 25? Or is it 15 plus some other requirement not mentioned, like my account being over a number of days old?

My current account was made under different conditions than normal, so that may also have to do with it:
  • I had an old account by the same name from years ago.
  • I changed the email address to a current one.
  • When I did, I lost access to it.
  • Lynn recreated the account with the same name at my new email address (so I didn't go through the normal forum registration process through the website)
  • My account doesn't list a rank (like Newbie). This doesn't bother me but it might be related or another symptom of the same underlying issue.
  • If forum permissions (like the ability to post a link) are associated with an account's rank and rank isn't being assigned, then the permission might not be either.

flow.alignment 25-05-2021 02:10 PM

Test after password reset.

flow.alignment 25-05-2021 03:11 PM

Test 2 after entering DOB.

Miss Hepburn 25-05-2021 03:26 PM

You're so close to 25 posts, see if that changes things.
I'm no help, sorry.

bobjob 25-05-2021 03:31 PM

I'm rarely interested in following random links and always prefer there's first an explanation what will be found there and why it's relevant to a discussion.

designAlignment 25-05-2021 07:43 PM

Hmm, this account isn't showing a rank either.

Miss Hepburn 25-05-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designAlignment
Hmm, this account isn't showing a rank either.

That is funny - when Lynn feels better, maybe this can be straightened out.

flow.alignment 26-05-2021 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That is funny - when Lynn feels better, maybe this can be straightened out.

lol, what I resist, persists, eh? :biggrin:

Well, if the new account has the same issue, I might as well stick with the old for a bit and see if it clears up later (on the off-chance I need 14 days and 25 posts due to some backend glitch).

I've been corresponding with Lynn over email about this and we haven't had any luck so far.

I'll try a test post to see if the forum lets me write links as text (something readers will need to copy/paste to visit).