Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The last supper. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146366)

keiw1 31-03-2023 02:14 AM

The last supper.

A great explanation of the reality of this is found at Luke 22--Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. It occurred on passover for a reason. It is to be done once a year on passover. And at Luke 22:29-30 explains this covenant Jesus made was only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside him in heaven( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- Only the little flock( Luke 12:32) are those, Only members of the little flock were present at the last supper.
Who is the little flock= the anointed=the bride of Christ= 144,000--The great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep(John 10:16) who are not of that fold are not to partake of the emblems, just go and observe out of love and respect for Jesus and the little flock.
I believe it is a major sin to partake if not of the little flock. Why are certain religions telling all to partake? Why don't those religions ever explain the difference from the little flock and great crowd?

sky 31-03-2023 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiw1
I believe it is a major sin to partake if not of the little flock. Why are certain religions telling all to partake? Why don't those religions ever explain the difference from the little flock and great crowd?

'Major sin' seems to be constantly in the mind of certain denominations.

BigJohn 31-03-2023 05:38 PM

keiw1 brought up some interesting points which seem to rarely be taught in the main stream churches. As mentioned, those going to Heaven 'was suppose to be' a finite group but now it seems for the most part, has been 'changed' to be an infinite group. The purpose for the 'original' larger group in my opinion has, in many cases, 'been forgotten'.

From my perspective, it seems religion(s) have become what people want them to become instead of what God and/or its founder(s) wanted them to become.

Molearner 31-03-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
'Major sin' seems to be constantly in the mind of certain denominations.

Even speaking of ‘major sin’ is a slippery slope IMO. If we become nonchalant about ‘minor sins’ we begin and accept sin in any category….and if we miss the mark without thinking there is a consequence it can morph in a bad way. In a practical way it tempts us to be judgmental rather than forgiving and we become Pharisees. Technically sin is separation from God and we compound this sin when we seek separation from our fellow men.

Miss Hepburn 31-03-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Even speaking of ‘major sin’ is a slippery slope IMO. If we become nonchalant about ‘minor sins’ we begin and accept sin in any category…

Good one...don't steal a paperclip from work, I say!

Molearner 31-03-2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good one...don't steal a paperclip from work, I say!

As good a place to start as any….😊😊

sky 01-04-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiw1

Mybe they don't see or agree with the idea of a ‘two-tier' salvation system :smile:

Maisy 01-04-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Technically sin is separation from God and we compound this sin when we seek separation from our fellow men.

If the persons are evil the bible says to separate from them I think.

2 Timothy 3:13
King James Version
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

1 Peter 3:11-13
The Voice
11 Walk away from the evil things in the world—just leave them behind, and do what is right, and always seek peace and pursue it.

sky 01-04-2023 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maisy
If the persons are evil the bible says to separate from them.....

The Voice
11 Walk away from the evil things in the world—just leave them behind, and do what is right, and always seek peace and pursue it.

The world is in turmoil because of 'Evil' actions, should we walk away and do nothing? You can't walk away and pursue peace at the same time....

Miss Hepburn 01-04-2023 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maisy

Also in the, RSV:
11 let him turn away from evil and do right; let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer.

I'm with Peter. :)
There is no direction in his words to do nothing to help what evil men have done to others...or to try to stop evil.
You can leave them personally behind you - not having their evil ways rub off onto you.
As I see it.