Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Acupuncture & Acupressure (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Very dizzy after acupuncture (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47599)

TrainsAndSewingMachines 18-02-2013 04:51 PM

Very dizzy after acupuncture

Hello,

I've just had my first treatment of acupuncture today...
I hold a lot of tension in my jaw/shoulders/and neck. I have my final viva voice exam before being qualified in my field this thursday so I thought a bit of self care would be a good thing.

Afterwards, and even now an hour after the treatment I'm feeling dizzy and light headed... and in conversation with my roommate it has been a bit difficult to have my words come out properly (due to being lightheaded I imagine).

Straight to my bed, with a big jug of water has been my course of action.

Is this a normal occurrence after a treatment?
(This doesn't feel unmanageable, but I'm just curious)

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines

Tobi 18-02-2013 07:56 PM

It can be. I have had lots of acupuncture sessions. The first one I got slightly dizzy and a bit giggly.
The most recent one I had last summer for nerve entrapment in my arm. It was a lovey peaceful experience but I was aware afterwards that I had to go gently through the rest of the day. I felt nice, but as though I needed to treat myself with gentle loving care. I brisk-walk a lot usually, and do outdoor work, but could sense that was not the right thing to do, so though I stayed outside, took things easy.
A lot of energy is being moved and re-directed during acupuncture.
I don't think it's wise to have a session and then go straight back to work, for example.
Rest, fresh air, nice food, water, and a good night's sleep...take care of yourself.

TrainsAndSewingMachines 18-02-2013 11:02 PM

Thanks for the response Tobi,

(I sometimes have giggle fits during reiki haha)

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines

Ciqala 19-02-2013 07:05 AM

I used to become dizzy all the time, and she told me it was completely normal. So apparently it is totally normal.

However it wasn't in my case, it increased my anxiety. I did not figure it out until weeks had gone by.

My dizzy feelings and loss of consciousness was due to trauma, fear and disassociation. The needles brought up a lot of PTSD for me.
You wouldn't think acupuncture would have traumatized me, but I do have a pretty severe PTSD from my past of surgeries - and I had no idea at first because disassociation makes you oblivious to things while they are happening, but the acupuncture pain and needles was really triggering for me and brought up major disassociation, which is dangerous for me, because when I disassociate my body operates without me.

Adrienne 19-02-2013 09:08 AM

so do you feel the accupuncture treatment is helpful, even with the dizzy and other side effects ?