Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137845)

tabane27 09-11-2020 09:48 AM

Help

Every time I comment or try to write a post I get administration messages and everything I write is lost.

It’s frustrating me!

Why is this happening????

Iv been on this site for years and never had a problem

tabane27 10-11-2020 08:59 AM

Errrrr no admin on this site? Hmmmmm

JustASimpleGuy 10-11-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabane27
Every time I comment or try to write a post I get administration messages and everything I write is lost.

It’s frustrating me!

Why is this happening????

Iv been on this site for years and never had a problem

When you log in click the little "Remember me" box next to your login.

Nameless 10-11-2020 11:53 AM

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I've learned if I do a "copy" - like you were going to copy and paste, before I hit Post, if I lose it, I really didn't lose it, because it is still in my "copy" basket or whatever (not computerese, but you know what I mean). Since I started clicking the Remember Me, it doesn't log me out as often. Did you change browsers lately? I know I am on Chrome, and it doesn't allow me to see the "New Posts" function very often - maybe once a week or so.

Miss Hepburn 10-11-2020 12:42 PM

Try those first before I bring it up to Lynn.
But she'll get to it. :)

Miss Hepburn 10-11-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
Did you change browsers lately? I know I am on Chrome, and it
doesn't allow me to see the "New Posts" function very often
-
maybe once a week or so.

Now this IS funny.
ME helping with something technical!!!!! :biggrin:

But someone helped me once and I still have to do it with Firefiox.
Go to the right upper corner of your screen,
-click symbol for 'History, saved bookmarks'' --a screen drops down
-Click 'History', screen will come down ,
-click 'Clear recent history' - another screen will pop up, inside click ONLY the box for ''Cache'',
-then click box for OK or ''Clear''.

You are ready now to click New Posts and the screen will drop down.

I've gotten used to it...a lota darn clicks! Oh well, it's worth it.

*This should impress Lynn and Native spirit --I actually knew something to help!! hahahahaha LOL! :icon_cheers:

Lynn 10-11-2020 02:46 PM

Hello

Sorry I missed this thread earlier. I have replied to your E Mail.

Lynn
SF Admin

bobjob 10-11-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I've learned if I do a "copy" - like you were going to copy and paste, before I hit Post, if I lose it, I really didn't lose it, because it is still in my "copy" basket or whatever (not computerese, but you know what I mean). Since I started clicking the Remember Me, it doesn't log me out as often. Did you change browsers lately? I know I am on Chrome, and it doesn't allow me to see the "New Posts" function very often - maybe once a week or so.

I've had that issue this whole year at least and I use Firefox. It appears the website software is flaky and doesn't accurately log the small number of new postings between visits. Over a longer period - several days for example - the system works better.

I contribute to several other websites, visiting some daily, sometimes several times daily. On all the others I'm shown postings made since my last visit. So I'm confident it's a problem on this website and not the browser causing a glitch.

There's another longstanding, annoying issue. When I follow a link to read an indicated new posting I'm usually taken to a random page in the thread, often about the half way point in a long one. From there I have to navigate my way to the last posts made. Again it happens only on this website.

Nameless 11-11-2020 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now this IS funny.
ME helping with something technical!!!!! :biggrin:

But someone helped me once and I still have to do it with Firefiox.
Go to the right upper corner of your screen,
-click symbol for 'History, saved bookmarks'' --a screen drops down
-Click 'History', screen will come down ,
-click 'Clear recent history' - another screen will pop up, inside click ONLY the box for ''Cache'',
-then click box for OK or ''Clear''.

You are ready now to click New Posts and the screen will drop down.

I've gotten used to it...a lota darn clicks! Oh well, it's worth it.

*This should impress Lynn and Native spirit --I actually knew something to help!! hahahahaha LOL! :icon_cheers:

Thank you, I did start to do that and saw the drop down. Now my problem is, what is in there that would mess me up if I cleared all that? I'm not sure I want to find out......but thank you, maybe I'll get courageous someday and try!

tabane27 12-11-2020 11:12 AM

Sorry. I’m finally in. For some reason I had to activate my account. But odd seen as Iv been on here for years. All sorted now. Thank u everyone