Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Do you *like* Yahveh? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=88460)

Honza 17-07-2015 01:49 PM

Do you *like* Yahveh?

This God has got some seriously bad press over the years; amongst other things. I've been itching to ask this; do you *like* Yahveh? He is bold, ruthless, personal and many other things. How do you feel about Him?

skygazer 17-07-2015 01:55 PM

you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.

Honza 17-07-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skygazer
you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.

I like to keep you all on your toes!

DavidMcCann 17-07-2015 04:39 PM

I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.

Serrao 17-07-2015 10:46 PM

God from back then is the same as God from now.
Nowadays God seems very detached from us.
I believe this was always this way.
The Bible is full of parables and metaphors.

My personal experience with God is very positive, so I voted yes.:hug2:

MIND POWER 18-07-2015 05:53 PM

Don't be scared..........

Yahveh is no God.

I didn't bother voting.

metal68 18-07-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.

Is this that train of thought that says Yahweh isn't the main god but a lesser god? Not the god of creation?

skygazer 19-07-2015 01:45 AM

ah come on, that's not fair, MP :)

Tristran 19-07-2015 01:43 PM

Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).

celest 19-07-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristran
Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).

I strongly disagree Tristran and I cannot understand who has taught you that everyone is born evil, how can you even think a newborn baby is evil, sinful etc: a new baby is beautiful, innocent, pure and it's quite disturbing to know that some can think otherwise. Please don't waste your time quoting verses of the bible as I am not interested in that nonsense.

RabbiO 19-07-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

metal68 19-07-2015 08:22 PM

Yahweh seems quite petty & insecure. Pete C has some interesting views on him

Tristran 19-07-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celest
I strongly disagree Tristran and I cannot understand who has taught you that everyone is born evil, how can you even think a newborn baby is evil, sinful etc: a new baby is beautiful, innocent, pure and it's quite disturbing to know that some can think otherwise. Please don't waste your time quoting verses of the bible as I am not interested in that nonsense.

Then get into contact with an angel. i did and just repeated what the seraph told me about what man became after the Apple of Knowledge event.

Everyone is born into sin. Fact of life.

Eventually the new born child sins. Its human instinct to rebel against order.

YHWH's order is to not sin. Really easy.

Serrao 20-07-2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Everyone is born into sin. Fact of life.

Eventually the new born child sins. Its human instinct to rebel against order.

There is a saying that 'young trees are flexible'.
Children easily absorb what is taught to them.
I see sin more as a society thing.
The development of a child into a virtuous or vicious person is strongly related to the environment this person grows up in.

celest 20-07-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Then get into contact with an angel. i did and just repeated what the seraph told me about what man became after the Apple of Knowledge event.

'Then get into contact with an angel'

Yes I will Tristran, I'll txt one later :smile:

Tristran 20-07-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celest
'Then get into contact with an angel'

Yes I will Tristran, I'll txt one later :smile:

The thing is, is that it is not a joke because it can be done via email.

Angels are on this planet in spiritual form. A mortal in physical form resides in a house with them.

Every day the mortal monitors their emails / PM's. If a question is directed at the angel that only the angel can answer then the angel (who is watching) occupies the mortal host body. Then they are able to answer the question via email.

So technically, what you state as a joke, actually does happen for me.

Revan 01-08-2015 08:59 AM

Is it true that He is burning in his own hell?
Jesus tries to take Jews from tradition.

Yaakov001 19-01-2016 05:20 AM

The question itself is illogical. G-d is. We have to *like* him. This isn't facebook. Its a bit hard to not like your Creator.

A Wrinkle in Time 01-08-2022 10:25 AM

Perhaps other important questions may be:

"Who is Yahweh?"

"Has any one had any lucid dreams or astral projection experiences with Yahweh?"

Maybe some of the Rabbis in this forum are able to provide some answers to these questions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+is+Yahweh

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+...=lnms&tbm=isch

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+...e=lmns&tbm=vid

Some of the more blasphemous and controversial viewpoints may imply that Yahweh is a more pleasant and good natured/spiritual personification (or incarnation) of the Canaanite god Baal or the Sumerian demon Pazuzu. Perhaps all gods, demigods, angels and demons originate from a primal god. And they take on different names, appearances, and agendas to suite a specific purpose in the various dimensions of the universe.

Sabbath Teaching #2: Shocking Proof YHWH Is Baal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIwslfaIwYg

Bambo 01-08-2022 11:04 AM

Sounds interesting!!

Miss Hepburn 28-10-2022 10:27 PM

I feel YHWH has been misrepresented and blamed for natural events...earthquakes, floods, locust, plaques.
How could He be that bad when He adores a murderer like David?
Loves Enoch so much He swoops him up!

Why, in Exodus alone He said:
The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, is slow to anger, abounding in love
and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.

(34:6-7) So, yes, I like Yahweh.

Ever read the heart wrenching Love Story of Hosea and Gomer? The Lord encourages Homer to by her back
and take care of her.
I am to believe the other nonsense made up about Him? Nope.