Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

thespiritual1 07-05-2020 05:59 PM

"No matter how talented you are, it doesn't amount to anything if you don't have the resolve to continue working, while even if you have average potential your chance will come if you continue working." Anime

traceyacey12 25-05-2020 06:00 AM

When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near truth. -Rumi

Miss Hepburn 25-05-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceyacey12
When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near truth. -Rumi

YES! :smile:

A human Being 26-05-2020 08:19 PM

'In order to find God, you must welcome everything.' - Rabindranath Tagore

Miss Hepburn 15-06-2020 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A human Being
'In order to find God, you must welcome everything.' - Rabindranath Tagore

Whoa - I didn't know Tagore or anyone to have said that !

A human Being 15-06-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

I don't know Mr Tagore from Adam, to be honest, I just saw the quote at the beginning of Amoda Maa Jeevan's book 'Radical Awakening' :smile:

Miss Hepburn 19-06-2020 11:30 AM

How tenderly is your memory
cherished in my breast,
where you alone reside and in secret rest:
How gracefully you’ve won my love!

St. John of the Cross

Miss Hepburn 19-06-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Hi a human being! :hug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5NSe55TjQ

He is famous to many, also, for his beautiful translations of Kabir..,someday
compare with Robert Bly's translation. Ha! :smile:

*Here's Deepak Chopra on Tagore to get an idea, too.
The book he mentions, at first, I found in a Used Bookstore, happy day that was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22tsMHtWFgY

"Rabindranath Tagore's Relevance for the Future of Spirituality and of Humanity" (56 min!)

After the intro, you could ffwd to get better stuff at 15 min to 19:29, lol, Tagore
talking with Einstein!!

Then, if you're interested in Maya as it relates to quantum discoveries start at 22min or so!
Good stuff.
(Sometimes 56 min stops many from even clicking a link.)

A human Being 20-06-2020 11:22 AM

I just liked the quote to be honest, Miss H, thanks all the same.

Miss Hepburn 20-06-2020 12:24 PM

...leaving you focused entirely on God,
with no other thought than of him alone,
let your naked desire rest there.

-Don't rem where that was from!

A human Being 26-06-2020 07:35 AM

Amoda Maa Jeevan on breaking the spell of separation:

'We have been conditioned to protect, defend and armor ourselves so that we stay safe. We have learnt to put up walls around our hearts when someone gets too close and to pull blinkers over our eyes so that we don't see what we don't like. These patterns are so ingrained that they happen unconsciously.'

'If we want to empower ourselves to be all that we truly are, we need to make some degree of effort to overcome this inertia. It's easy to think that giving in to old patterns requires less energy, but the small amount of effort it takes to overcome this sleepiness actually allows us access to boundless energy that is at our source.'

'Making the choice to wake up means breaking out of your self-imposed prison. When you stop clinging to your habitual self-protectiveness and let go into the river of life, you experience the perfection of this moment as it is... in all its glory and all its horror.'

'When you shut down or tighten to protect yourself, pain becomes a curse that follows you around. Whatever you resist will always come back to you, over and over again; retraction from pain creates a knot of tension that cries out to be noticed.'

'When you allow yourself to relax into what hurts, a doorway opens to a new level of experience that enriches your life and transforms pain into a blessing. Whatever shape your pain may take, you can choose to relax, breathe into it and flow with its contours.'

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:54 AM

"You possess everything you need right now to be happy and fulfilled. Happiness naturally awakens in you through a simple process of awareness. You see life differently because you are different. You see things you have never seen before. Beautiful things. You're much more energetic, much more alive. When you finally awake, you don't try to make good things happen; they just happen. You understand suddenly that everything that happens to you is good, and that all is well, even at times when things are a mess." - Anthony De Mello

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:56 AM

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:56 AM

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:57 AM

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:57 AM

ocean breeze 12-07-2020 05:58 AM

Miss Hepburn 13-07-2020 05:28 PM

Assume the feeling of your wish fulfilled...

Neville Goddard
:)

A human Being 18-07-2020 10:57 PM

'What is real is what is felt, not what is thought. Not the meaning we create from our experience. Feeling, really feeling - that's acceptance.' - Jon Bernie

ajay00 23-07-2020 09:44 AM

Desires slay patience. ~ Vidura (Mahabharatha)

If you have patience, then you'll also have love. Patience leads to love. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Patience leads to love. If you forcefully open the petals of a bud, you won't be able to enjoy its beauty and fragrance. Only when it blossoms by following its natural course, will the beauty and fragrance of a flower unfold. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Patience is a form of wisdom. It demonstrates that we understand the fact that sometimes things must unfold in their own time." — Jon Kabat Zinn

Unseeking Seeker 28-07-2020 10:48 AM

“ Learn to love, and forget. Become so interested in works of mercy and helpfulness that you will know that you are growing only by the perfume of good that surrounds you and by your increased ability to help others.

Leave no duty, no matter how humble, undone.”

- Letters from the teacher

Ciona 04-08-2020 02:47 AM

A couple of nice quotes from Teal Swan.

"Reveal your Subconscious, or it will Reveal You."

And, "You cannot hold someone's hand, without your hand being held too." :love5:

ocean breeze 06-08-2020 04:01 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened, but no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"You can say everything is spiritual or nothing is, but you can't say some things are spiritual and some things aren't, like good stuff is spiritual and bad stuff is something else. You can't cut it up that way. Spirituality doesn't mean nice, it means everything." - Marichelle

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world." - H.D. Thoreau

"All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark." - Swami Vivekananda

"Your teacher must go, it doesn't matter who the teacher is. The very thing that you are reading, that's the very thing you must be free from." - U.G. Krishnamurti

A human Being 08-08-2020 10:47 AM

'It's important to be vulnerable, because it's only when we're vulnerable that we can receive, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can let go; it's only when we're vulnerable that we can love, and be loved, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can be realised. So welcome the sensitive, vulnerable human that may be under layers of armouring.' - Jon Bernie

Aethera 09-08-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

'It's important to be vulnerable, because it's only when we're vulnerable that we can receive, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can let go; it's only when we're vulnerable that we can love, and be loved, and it's only when we're vulnerable that we can be realised. So welcome the sensitive, vulnerable human that may be under layers of armouring.' - Jon Bernie

Very true quote about vulnerability and allowing oneself to be vulnerable~

A human Being 09-08-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethera
Very true quote about vulnerability and allowing oneself to be vulnerable~

:smile:

A human Being 13-08-2020 12:27 PM

Nada from Awaken Insight on overcoming loneliness:

'To escape loneliness, you have to surrender to being alone; to go from a state of loneliness to aloneness means confronting your loneliness, it's because we're always running from it that we never escape it.'

'All the things we do to escape loneliness are really only temporary distractions at best. It's like covering the symptoms of a disease without really curing it; if you want to cure the disease, you don't try to cover it up - rather, you examine it, you find out what it is and what's causing it. You go to the root of it and you pluck it out.'

'I've found that the most effective way to overcome loneliness is to simply be with it, to allow it, to go deeply into it. We resist it because there's no-one to distract us from our own thoughts when we're alone, and in our minds there's so much fear and insecurity that we'd rather not face, there's so much uncertainty and discomfort, and this is why being alone can be so difficult and painful. But if we can embrace aloneness and face these inner demons, we can overcome that discomfort and actually find joy in being alone.'

Aethera 13-08-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Nada from Awaken Insight on overcoming loneliness:

'To escape loneliness, you have to surrender to being alone; to go from a state of loneliness to aloneness means confronting your loneliness, it's because we're always running from it that we never escape it.'

'All the things we do to escape loneliness are really only temporary distractions at best. It's like covering the symptoms of a disease without really curing it; if you want to cure the disease, you don't try to cover it up - rather, you examine it, you find out what it is and what's causing it. You go to the root of it and you pluck it out.'

'I've found that the most effective way to overcome loneliness is to simply be with it, to allow it, to go deeply into it. We resist it because there's no-one to distract us from our own thoughts when we're alone, and in our minds there's so much fear and insecurity that we'd rather not face, there's so much uncertainty and discomfort, and this is why being alone can be so difficult and painful. But if we can embrace aloneness and face these inner demons, we can overcome that discomfort and actually find joy in being alone.'

Very insightful and true~ I think for some it's a scary place to go. But also necessary to help them understand why they are feeling the way they are during those moments.

A human Being 13-08-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Very insightful and true~ I think for some it's a scary place to go. But also necessary to help them understand why they are feeling the way they are during those moments.

Completely agree, I've certainly found this to be true in my own experience :smile:

Aethera 14-08-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Completely agree, I've certainly found this to be true in my own experience :smile:

I agree too, cause I've found the same to be true in experiences that I have had as well. I think there are big lessons in them.:smile:

A human Being 15-08-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

I agree too, cause I've found the same to be true in experiences that I have had as well. I think there are big lessons in them.:smile:

Absolutely :smile:

ocean breeze 15-08-2020 09:34 PM

"God is not attained by a process of addition to anything in the soul but by a process of subtraction." - Meister Eckhart

"Happiness is our natural state. Happiness is the natural state of little children to whom the kingdom belongs until they have been polluted and contaminated by the stupidity of society and culture." - Anthony DeMello

Aethera 15-08-2020 10:58 PM

"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well."-Vincent Van Gogh

Curt 24-08-2020 06:26 AM

"Destiny and free will co-exist and interact all the time. They are complementary, not contradictory." - Brian Weiss

Being 25-08-2020 11:15 AM

“I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.”
~ Hafiz

"Within you is the light of a thousand suns. Within you is unimaginable beauty."
~ Robert Adams

“Our self – luminous, open, empty Awareness – cannot be enlightened. It is already the light that illuminates all experience. Nor can a separate self be enlightened, for when the separate self faces the light of Awareness, it vanishes, just as a shadow does when exposed to the sun.”
~ Rupert Spira

''No matter how long the room has been dark, an hour or a million years, the moment the lamp of awareness is lit, the entire room becomes luminous. You are that luminosity. You are that clear light.''
~ Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

“Instead of fighting the darkness, you bring in the light.
You cannot fight against darkness. The light of consciousness is all that is necessary. You are that light.
You are the consciousness that illuminates the world. Know yourself as that, and that's freedom, liberation, awakening, the end of suffering and madness.”
~ Eckhart Tolle

"Don't you know yet? It is your light that lights the worlds."
~ Rumi

“The world shines because of my light: without me, nothing is. It is in me that thoughts and feelings rise and set. I am their changeless witness. I am the Light of Consciousness in all thoughts and perceptions and the Light of Love in all feelings.”
~ Atmananda Krishna Menon

“There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth, beyond the heavens, beyond the highest, the very highest heavens. This is the light that shines in your heart.”
~ Chandogya Upanishad

“Whether you worship Christ, Krishna, Kali or Allah, you actually worship the one light that is also in you, since it pervades all things. Everything originates from light, everything in its essence is light.”
~ Anandamayi Ma

“I am the light of the world.
You are the light of the world.”
~ Jesus

Miss Hepburn 28-08-2020 12:36 PM

Wow, Being, those were great quotes on light! Thank you.

''If thine eye be single thy whole body with be full of light.''
-Jesus -KJV only - Luke something

awesomeoneness 02-10-2020 10:39 PM

Love this thread!
Here's my first entry:
"The only way to peace and happiness and fulfillment in your life is to worship and love yourself - for that is loving God - and to love yourself greater than anyone else, for that is what will give you the love and steadfastness to embrace the whole of humanity."
Ramtha from the White Book

Gavin Lewis Brown 04-11-2020 03:50 PM

An extract by Adi Da Samraj from "The world is an hallucination in Consciousness"

From an essay: "The world is an hallucination in Consciousness": From My Bright Sight

Avatar Adi Da Samraj: "In Truth, this conditionally manifested appearance, in which you are animated to one another in the waking state, is an hallucination that occurs in Consciousness Itself. All these trees, buildings, bodies, hairs, and thoughts arise as modifications of a Single and Absolute Field That Is Perfect Radiance. The "world" is a conception, as completely non-necessary as a thought or a dream. And it is just as humorous, just as arbitrary and unserious, as any dream".

Gavin Lewis Brown 04-11-2020 03:50 PM

An extract by Adi Da Samraj from "The world is an hallucination in Consciousness"

From an essay: "The world is an hallucination in Consciousness": From My Bright Sight

Avatar Adi Da Samraj: "In Truth, this conditionally manifested appearance, in which you are animated to one another in the waking state, is an hallucination that occurs in Consciousness Itself. All these trees, buildings, bodies, hairs, and thoughts arise as modifications of a Single and Absolute Field That Is Perfect Radiance. The "world" is a conception, as completely non-necessary as a thought or a dream. And it is just as humorous, just as arbitrary and unserious, as any dream".

Molearner 06-11-2020 04:08 PM

from Nikos Kazantzakis........

"“What is the definition of heaven? Complete happiness. But how can anyone be completely happy when he looks out from heaven and sees his brothers and sisters being punished in hell? How can paradise exist if the inferno exists also? That is why I say—and let this sink deep down into your minds, my sisters—that either we shall all be saved, all of us together, or else we shall all be damned. If a person is killed at the other end of the earth, we are killed; if a person is saved, we are saved.”