Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Miss Hepburn 04-01-2015 02:33 PM

"...our only limit is our capacity to receive."

--Emmit Fox

:smile:

Miss Hepburn 04-01-2015 04:19 PM

The ego cannot survive without judgment.

--A Course In Miracles
or ACIM

durgaa 08-01-2015 01:47 PM

A few quotes by the Great Yogi Sri Aurobindo:

Quote:

Hidden nature is secret God.
Sri Aurobindo

Quote:

Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.

Sri Aurobindo

Quote:

Fear not to be nothing that thou mayst be all.

Sri Aurobindo

Quote:

Remember that you are at an exceptional hour in a unique epoch, that you have this great happiness, this invaluable privilege, of being present at the birth of a new world.

Sri Aurobindo

durgaa 08-01-2015 01:59 PM

Some quotes by His Twinsoul partner:

Quote:

Do not pretend - be. Do not promise - act. Do not dream - realize.
by Mirra Alfassa

Quote:

Humanity is not the last rung of the terrestrial creation. Evolution continues and man will be surpassed. It is for each individual to know whether he wants to participate in the advent of this new species.

Mirra Alfassa

Quote:

Whenever in your life, you meet with a hardship, take it as a boon from the Divine's Grace and it will become so.
~ Mirra Alfassa

Quote:

I belong to no nation, no civilization, no society, no race, but to the Divine. I obey no master, no rules, no law, no social convention, but the Divine. To Him I have surrendered all, will, life and self; for Him I am ready to give all my blood, drop by drop, if such is His will, with complete joy, and nothing in his service can be sacrifice, for all is perfect delight. ~ Mirra Alfassa

TheImmortal 08-01-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascension
I AM

``Jesus``

Ramana Maharashi: That which is does not even say I AM.

TheImmortal 08-01-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The ego cannot survive without judgment.

--A Course In Miracles
or ACIM

Pir Vilayat Khan: The ego is very important ..... until one no longer needs it.

TheImmortal 08-01-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like
Saw this little gem yesterday ..

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is willing - teach him.
He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.
He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man - follow him."

- ancient proverb

The Upanishads: "Neither do I know nor do I not know".

TheImmortal 08-01-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinO
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

I absolutely LOVE this quote ! I just hope that the majority doesn't agree with me or it is time to pause and reflect. :smile:

TheImmortal 08-01-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Q: To become an engineer I must learn engineering. To become God, what must I learn?

M: You must unlearn everything. God is the end of all desire and knowledge.

Question answered by Nisargaddata Maharaj

Superb and worth repeating !

TaoSandwich 08-01-2015 05:02 PM

"My teacher said, "Suppose a bit of filth is stuck on the tip of the nose of a sleeping man, totally unknown to him. When he wakes up, he notices a foul smell; sniffing his shirt, he thinks his shirt stinks, and so he takes it off. But then whatever he picks up stinks; he doesn't realize the odor is on his nose. If someone who knows tells him it has nothing to do with the things themselves, he stubbornly refuses to believe it. The knowing one tells him to simply wipe his nose with his hand, but he won't. Were he willing to wipe his nose, only then could he know he was already getting somewhere; finally he would wash it off with water and there would be no foul odor at all. Whatever he smelled, that foul odor wouldn't be there from the start. Studying Zen is also like this; those who will not stop and watch themselves on their own instead pursue intellectual interpretation, but the pursuit of intellectual interpretation, seeking rationales and making comparative judgments, is all completely off. If you would turn your attention around and watch yourself, you would understand everything."

-Zen Master Foyan