Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

A human Being 27-10-2017 12:15 PM

'True meditation isn't about mastering a technique, it's about letting go of control.' - Adyashanti

dream jo 28-10-2017 06:39 PM

dnt giv up...........

A human Being 28-10-2017 08:47 PM

'Become comfortable with vulnerability - the foundation of a good relationship is vulnerability. The more tolerant you are of vulnerability and the discomfort it causes, the closer you will be able to be with people, and the less you will push them away. Vulnerability is not weakness, instead it involves great courage to be willing to be vulnerable. If you can choose to acknowledge and share your vulnerability in a situation instead of cope by pushing people away, creating conflict and disconnecting, you can remain connected to the person you want to be connected with.' - Teal Swan
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream jo
dnt giv up...........

'Don't Give Up' by Kate Bush came to my mind a little earlier, funnily enough :smile:

A human Being 29-10-2017 11:15 AM

'Wanting is not the root of suffering, it is the result of suffering. All wanting is designed to get you away from something you don't want to feel: I want love because I don't want to feel the pain of not being loved; I want a fancy house so I don't have to feel the pain of poverty. Every single want is designed to escape from a feeling, so in essence all wanting is a form of movement that propagates suffering.' - Teal Swan

'There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.' - Carl Jung

prasannatrust 01-11-2017 05:18 AM

When dealing with people remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Regards Swami sukhabodhananda

Glen D 05-11-2017 06:56 AM

moment please
must find quotebooks
Alright wayne dyer doc hawkins
"Effective spiritual endeavor is a consequence of constancy and
persistence rather than fits and starts of enthusiasm"
David Hawkins... daily quote book

RobinoftheMoor 12-11-2017 04:50 PM

A Thought Experiment, if you will...

It's a kind of grey day, with shrouding mists and a little fog...you find yourself walking along aimlessly, when--for whatever reason--you are in front of a coffee shop. The door opens, and a slight wiff of the smells inside reaches out to you invitingly, so you go inside. The warmth! The smells! Home!
In the corner are three persons at a table. They brighten up as they see you and invite you over.
Question: Who are they (should you have the chance to choose)--and what do they say to you that goes along with the warmth that your coffee or tea infuses in you?
Example: Abraham-Hicks, Teal Swan and Miss Hepburn...
There is no wrong combination or right combination...after all, it's YOUR thought experiment, right?:biggrin:

A human Being 12-11-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinoftheMoor
It's a kind of grey day, with shrouding mists and a little fog...you find yourself walking along aimlessly, when--for whatever reason--you are in front of a coffee shop. The door opens, and a slight wiff of the smells inside reaches out to you invitingly, so you go inside. The warmth! The smells! Home!
In the corner are three persons at a table. They brighten up as they see you and invite you over.
Question: Who are they (should you have the chance to choose)--and what do they say to you that goes along with the warmth that your coffee or tea infuses in you?
Example: Abraham-Hicks, Teal Swan and Miss Hepburn...
There is no wrong combination or right combination...after all, it's YOUR thought experiment, right?:biggrin:

Did you mean to post this in the quotes thread?

RobinoftheMoor 12-11-2017 07:48 PM

The instructions are a bit coarse...I was hoping that quotations, or paraphrases from the imaginary tablemates would be used...

Miss Hepburn 12-11-2017 09:59 PM

Ah, allow me to make the 1000 post in this thread! :laughing6::icon_smurfin::icon_thumleft::hello2:

" Let your dominant intent be to find that which pleasures you as you imagine it.
Let your desire for pleasure — your desire for feeling good — be your only guiding light.
As you seek those thoughts that feel good, you will always be in vibrational harmony
with the Energy that is your Source.
And, under those conditions, only good can come to you; and only good can come from you.

Abraham-Hicks