Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What helps you sleep? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140773)

Mother Goose 09-07-2021 05:03 AM

What helps you sleep?

My 18 year old son lives with generalized anxiety disorder, sees a therapist and has tried many different things to sleep more, but we haven’t yet found that one thing that really does it for him. If you have information or suggestions I would be very interested in ‘hearing’ about them!

TIA! :smile:

Challenger007 09-07-2021 07:12 AM

Jogging helps me fall asleep in the evenings. When I spend time outdoors and a little flock, I sleep better and fall asleep faster. At first I ran in regular sneakers and faced pain in my feet, but now I have Puma Men’s Tazon 6 FM sneakers that turn running into pure thrills.

Gem 09-07-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Goose
My 18 year old son lives with generalized anxiety disorder, sees a therapist and has tried many different things to sleep more, but we haven’t yet found that one thing that really does it for him. If you have information or suggestions I would be very interested in ‘hearing’ about them!TIA! :smile:

• Get a good dose of sunshine early in the morning (walk or have breakfast outside something like that, anthing to get bright sunshine in the am)
  • Turn off screens (get the TV/computer/phone stuff done early and turn it off)
  • Be physical. Tire the body out during the day.
  • Caffiene. as little as possible and not late in the day
  • Diet. Eat healthy food.
  • Drugs. Don't consume drugs or alcohol
  • Have a bedtime and a time to wake up.
  • Bedtime ritual. Do the same stuff every day at the same time before bed (like brush teeth, shower, lock up, get a glass of water, do a few pushups or whatever)
  • Sedative. see a properly qualified doctor about that. If necessary a sedative can kickstart 'sleep time' but I wouldn't do that for more than a few days,... or mix with other meds
  • Medication. Reduce medications if possible according to a proper doctor
I did that and insomnia was gone in a week.

Mother Goose 09-07-2021 05:50 PM

Thank you both for your responses! :smile:

asearcher 09-07-2021 10:33 PM

sorry your son is going through that. meditation or efforts at meditation has worked for me, help me unwind. To not be busy the last 2 hours or so before going to bed, to unwind that way. Read a boring book.

Pinkish 10-07-2021 10:28 AM

[quote=Mother Goose]My 18 year old son lives with generalized anxiety disorder, sees a therapist and has tried many different things to sleep more, but we haven’t yet found that one thing that really does it for him. If you have information or suggestions I would be very interested in ‘hearing’ about them!

I would look into gravity blankets. I can post a link because I have not posted enough..

ayur3112 10-07-2021 12:59 PM

mental peace and yoga helps you

Native spirit 10-07-2021 02:54 PM

I find music helps not loud music but of Nature water falls birds anything with a peaceful tone

Namaste

Mother Goose 10-07-2021 05:53 PM

Thank you all.

Pinkish: He has a weighted blanket.. I am assuming that’s what a gravity blanket is.

Miss Hepburn 10-07-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Pinkish: He has a weighted blanket.. I am assuming that’s what a gravity blanket is.

I wanted to know, too...

What's the difference between a gravity blanket and a weighted blanket?
-Simulating the feeling of being held (like a hug!), Gravity Blankets utilize the power of weight to relax the nervous system. ...
Cover is machine washable (wash in cold water, tumble dry on low), while the inner weighted blanket is hand-wash-only and air dry.

I still don't know!