Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What is a Medium by Stephen Wakeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5392)

Tricia 28-10-2010 08:31 AM

What is a Medium by Stephen Wakeling

http://www.spiritualistresources.com...dex.pl?read=45

John32241 29-10-2010 03:52 PM

That was a nice link not only for the term Medium, but also for other definitions.

During a reading my wife was having, the reader asked her who the Medium was in her life. She identified me as that person, provided my DOB, and continued. I myself am not fond of this term. The energy work and service to the community I am involved with is beyond that description.

In my view, all terms/labels/definitions are limiting or confining descriptions. I realize we like to identify and label different things, however we never seem to look for the potentials. Those are undefinable because they are dynamic in nature, without limits.

None of us are just a (...), whatever label you select. We are,each and every one of us, what we need to be in any given moment. We are all without limits, if we choose to be.

John

Tricia 29-10-2010 05:09 PM

Yes, I understand what you are saying, there again, I suppose the term 'reader' is also a label?

I have known at least 4 excellent, not sure what to call them now, people who were brilliant at giving evidence on life after death. I would never very call them 'Readers' because they didn't/don't read........ if you know what I mean?

Zandorf 29-10-2010 08:24 PM

There I feel we must differ. The medium, is reading, maybe not in the sense that you read a book, but in other ways, such as a persons Aura, a sensing of their energy field, their persona, infact everything about them. It is a sensing really, but you have to be able to interpret that sensing and that is why we call it a reading.

Does that make sense?

Tricia 29-10-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandorf
There I feel we must differ. The medium, is reading, maybe not in the sense that you read a book, but in other ways, such as a persons Aura, a sensing of their energy field, their persona, infact everything about them. It is a sensing really, but you have to be able to interpret that sensing and that is why we call it a reading.

Does that make sense?

Sort of lol :) I can only go by what I have experienced, being with someone who is able to connect to those passed on. A friend of mine who is in spirit came through with certain information/evidence for me. This lady who was passing on the information to me actually came out with the same type of tone my friend used when here on the earthplane. It was almost like it was her voice speaking to me. Pretty amazing really, not only the tone of voice but the gestures she used also :smile:

Jules 29-10-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandorf

Does that make sense?

And that is where you're wrong I'm afraid to say. A medium doesn't read a persons anything. A MEDIUM provides proof of life after death by communicating directly with spirit people, channelling evidential messages from loved ones passed to the spirit world S/he is communicating directly with a Spirit person from the other side of life. A PSYCHIC reads/senses a persons aura for want of a better word. :smile:

Tricia 29-10-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules
And that is where you're wrong I'm afraid to say. A medium doesn't read a persons anything. A MEDIUM provides proof of life after death by communicating directly with spirit people, channelling evidential messages from loved ones passed to the spirit world S/he is communicating directly with a Spirit person from the other side of life. A PSYCHIC reads/senses a persons aura for want of a better word. :smile:

Couldn't have put it better myself Jules :) I don't remember any Medium I have seen that read me :)

Jules 29-10-2010 11:34 PM

Lol thanks Tricia, hope your okies me darlink. Erm just to let you know .. i need to have a word with staff but i'll let you know when I do, I'm not sure if this thread needs to be moved to the links section rather than mediumship, even though it's on mediumshp. gimme 2 ticks and I'll get back to you xx

John32241 29-10-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia
Yes, I understand what you are saying, there again, I suppose the term 'reader' is also a label?

I have known at least 4 excellent, not sure what to call them now, people who were brilliant at giving evidence on life after death. I would never very call them 'Readers' because they didn't/don't read........ if you know what I mean?

Yes I do know what you mean.

We are required to use vocabulary words for most of our communications with others. I found your link to be quite informative for that. We do need the vocabulary.

Nice to know you understand these things.

John

Tricia 29-10-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules
Lol thanks Tricia, hope your okies me darlink. Erm just to let you know .. i need to have a word with staff but i'll let you know when I do, I'm not sure if this thread needs to be moved to the links section rather than mediumship, even though it's on mediumshp. gimme 2 ticks and I'll get back to you xx

Opps ur probably right there Jules, I totally forgot the links thread:rolleyes: