Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Adam and Eve's children (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132698)

ThatMan 28-11-2019 03:01 PM

Adam and Eve's children

Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

What is this telling you? We know that Adam and Eve had two children after the fall and then Cain found a wife in a distant place but there's no information about more people other than the four so it's the general assumption that they had more children.What if they had more children and these children were born before the fall, how could Eve understand the increasing of the pain of birth if she never experienced it before?

sky 28-11-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

What is this telling you? We know that Adam and Eve had two children after the fall and then Cain found a wife in a distant place but there's no information about more people other than the four so it's the general assumption that they had more children.What if they had more children and these children were born before the fall, how could Eve understand the increasing of the pain of birth if she never experienced it before?

Where did Cain's wife come from?

ThatMan 28-11-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Where did Cain's wife come from?

This is what I am saying, Cain's wife is Adam and Eve's child that was born prior to the fall, my guess is that they were all ( their children ) spread across the whole Earth after the fall, how could Eve understand the pains of giving birth? Cain and Abel were born after the fall.

This is not my final opinion, this is why I am creating a "debate" here so we can hear more opinions.

sky 28-11-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

This is what I am saying, Cain's wife is Adam and Eve's child that was born prior to the fall, my guess is that they were all ( their children ) spread across the whole Earth after the fall, how could Eve understand the pains of giving birth? Cain and Abel were born after the fall.

This is not my final opinion, this is why I am creating a "debate" here so we can hear more opinions.

Incest :icon_eek: he married his Sister.... I very much doubt it. Have a baby and you'll definitely know the pain, believe you me

ThatMan 28-11-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Incest :icon_eek: he married his Sister.... I very much doubt it.

I know, this is usually the common belief, so what do you think, based on the old testament scriptures? I know you have your belief, but based on what was written in the OT.

My point is that Adam and Eve could have had children before the fall, otherwise Eve would not understand the increasing of the pains of child birth.

sky 28-11-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

I know, this is usually the common belief, so what do you think, based on the old testament scriptures? I know you have your belief, but based on what was written in the OT.

My point is that Adam and Eve could have had children before the fall, otherwise Eve would not understand the increasing of the pains of child birth.

No fall, no garden of Eden, just Evolution. :smile: They are just stories, not actual events...

Didn't they also have Seth?

ThatMan 28-11-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

No fall, no garden of Eden, just Evolution. :smile: They are just stories, not actual events...

I know you have your beliefs and I respect them, but the focus is on the christian scriptures, from a christian perspective, what do you think, it's possible that Eve could have had already children prior to the fall? That verse leaves this option open to interpretation but to me it seems they already had children.

sky 28-11-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

I know you have your beliefs and I respect them, but the focus is on the christian scriptures, from a christian perspective, what do you think, it's possible that Eve could have had already children prior to the fall? That verse leaves this option open to interpretation but to me it seems they already had children.

It is from a Christian perspective, very few Christians believe these stories to be true.
Was Seth the oldest...

Just had a look, Seth was the youngest.

JosephineB 28-11-2019 03:49 PM

How about this:

Originally Posted by SF Member NoOne
Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

MAYA EL 28-11-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
How about this:

Originally Posted by NoOne
Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

Well said and thank you you saved me from having to write that out.