Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weird things happening when meditating (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144108)

Bluto 10-06-2022 07:45 PM

Weird things happening when meditating

I've begun practicing meditation for the explicit reason to open my third eye. I've been practicing every day, sometimes twice per day, for three weeks. During that time I've noticed it's getting easier to slip into a deeper meditative state. I am also finding it easier to be mindful of my relaxation status, and bring my focus back to my third eye if my mind begins wandering.

I've noticed something happen the past two times I've meditated, and I wonder if anybody can shed light on it for me.

I've always had swirling violet light, and I focus on this. Sometimes it does some quite intense things. I get into what I feel is a deep meditative state, it takes about 30 mins to reach there. Twice, in the last couple days, when in this state, the violet light suddenly fills my entire vision, spread consistently across my view, and is translucent. The important thing to note is that its scale suddenly changes to something with vast expanse and depth, as if I'm no longer looking at a flat, nearby screen of black (the back of my eyelids), but I'm now looking out at the night sky, and a violet one. There are violet pin-pricks of light too, which look like stars. It feels as if it invites me to peer further, to focus further, and it feels as if I'm on the brink of being shown something, or of something even more brilliant happening. But, at the exact moment this happens, my eyelids begin twitching and spasm-ing quite violently, and I can't entirely stop it, and I lose the violet expanse before me. My left eyelid has begun twitching when I'm not meditating also. And my ears have recently begun heating up, like really burning up, usually a couple hours after a meditation.

I don't know if this is relevant, but it's worth mentioning I'm listening to binaural beats in ear-buds whilst meditating.

Does anybody know what's going on?

JustBe 15-06-2022 04:05 AM

Any practice you chose will open you to more.

I would just keep meditating and let things reveal as your process will be.

You’ve already established a good practice, it’s always good not to get lost in the revealing, but rather let your process reveal to you what it requires ongoing.

One of my key learnings, was not to get stuck in what’s happening, but rather continue to focus and meditate and let things flow as they will.

Knowing what’s going on is unique to you, no one can answer that for you.

Miss Hepburn 15-06-2022 12:12 PM

Hi Bluto...I can't comment on what you are listening to..sorry.
As far as what you're seeing if you ask seasoned meditators, I think they would say,
"Enjoy".
Enjoy the "show''...it can lead to wonders inside you! :icon_cool:
I also suggest setting your positive, good or heavenly intention.
Oh, in esoteric techniques (not so much anymore with the internet, ha)...
stilling your eyeballs is a must.
However, you do that is up to you...gentle, clean palms, clean fingers...
maybe that is something to research.

Bluto 15-06-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
stilling your eyeballs is a must.

I had to Google that, and now feel silly because it's so obvious :redface: .

I've naturally been doing this - focusing on what my eyeballs are doing. I noticed I was also straining them, as if trying to peer and focus far into the distance, so I've stopped doing that too. Relaxing and stilling them is something I've become mindful of, and I'm pretty sure it's led to better meditation.

And yes, I'm enjoying it very much. I can't believe I haven't discovered meditation before. It would have been extremely beneficial when I was in my 20s and 30s and a lot more uptight in life.

yogadunia 07-09-2022 05:15 AM

You may feel weird after meditating because you’ve experienced a consciousness shift. There’s typical unconscious state of mind that we walk around in when we are on auto-pilot. But when we start to meditate and develop more expansive consciousness it feels weird at first. It’s a good sign that you’re on the right track.

I’d recommend giving yourself a period of quiet time after meditation to mindfully become aware the changes in your perception and sensation. This will both help you adjust to the changes and encourage them to become more permanent.

Geeta 07-09-2022 07:51 PM

Bluto, are you taking help of any teacher regarding your meditation process?

This process and its effects differs from person to person and a true teacher knows his/her student on 'that' level so having that kind of a teacher will be beneficial in the longer run if you are seriously persuing to go deeper in meditation.

dream jo 07-09-2022 07:56 PM

Hi
I know I know when meditating I get some funny things sometimes I get silly things so silly I make up for my meditation I burst out laughing so much I feel silly but don't worry about it
I know yesterday when I'm very tired I got my school you are a boyfriend give me the nod it's ok to go this man I'm at the payment will be with because yes the age gap there but does not matter it's ok even though these two men and I live still but I think they're still alive but they're my school you are a boyfriend as a kid I got them yesterday
Monday when I was meditating I got frogs I did I got a lot of green frogs so I think it's killing me this man is the right one for me he is is even though the age gap there is the right one for me and I'm not very good at this time even though I'm the older one here there's another me this time round
Go on YouTube and look at the meditation songs and forms to help you out Mercedes you can buy the CDs online to meditate but you must do it in a quiet place but you didn't disturbed which I have left you the day I could disturbed because my cat was going ballistic at me
I can recommend a few good CDs Linda Hopkins is a good CD and silver rings I think it's called that is a good education one as well very good
But you can go on Google and Google best meditation forms or CDs to help me meditate or if you've got a DAB radio I might help you find a meditation radio station to help you TuneIn if your third eye chakra
I hope I am making sense here to you
But don't worry if I get silly things or forget things the mount x I've got to give silly things off like concert it's my oven circle and I felt so embarrassed thinking I hope it takes this because I'm going to be a Life full I'm going to fail my phone if they don't and thank god they have took it

PecaS 12-09-2022 07:35 PM

Hi Bluto

I have done some meditation and without bi-aural beats. My favorites so far are those of the Monroe institute. Their sound is soothing and it has helped me still my mind who tends to wander off more than I would like. LOL

In that regard, I would suggest not to bind yourself to the sounds. It has been my experience that, when I do meditation with sounds, as soon as I hear something remotely similar I "trance off"... It's not impairing as I can do my life pretty normal (though It's been years since I last drove, so I can't tell you I can drive), but it is annoying in the sense that you are "not entirely there".

I can't relate to the color of the light, but I can also tell you that in my experience it has been white, golden and silver lights. I can also tell you that I have seen myself from other times and spaces. I have also branded this body... hum you need context. I was meditating at night (my favorite time as no one needed me), and I saw myself standing by the window in my room. I was intrigued as I recognized my face but not my face. "she" smiled at me and then grabbed my ankle.

The next day, a weid looking bruise was there. It did had the shape of fingers, but it did not vanish. Instead, it grew and it now covers my entire ankle. Officially its varicose veins(though no studies have been made), It does not hurt. but it was odd.

Since then, when I meditate, my pups get freaked out. I get elemental visits and though I have not seen anything "negative"... I have indeed limited my mediation because of the effect it causes on my pups.

If you do not have this problem, I would encourage you to continue. I need to figure out how to stop it so i can do it again.

Mahdi El-Mirak 28-02-2023 09:55 PM

Your brain is switching to another state. Not completely though. Hard to tell more without an MRI.

Redchic12 01-03-2023 10:49 AM

Re PecaS

PecaS maybe you could start your meditation by pouring the white Christ light into the room and seal it in a bubble of love and light. Visualising and saying it out loud. If your not comfortable with the word Christ you can substitute it for something like Divine.

Then ask that this light fill you and surround you with love, light and protection.
Visualise it and Feel it!

Then start your meditation.

I guarantee that it will work and your pups will feel the difference as well.

I’ve used this for years and it has always worked.