Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Auras & Chakras (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Chakras and eating habits (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20339)

Flora 07-08-2011 02:50 PM

Chakras and eating habits

Hello!

Can someone tell me what's going on with the Chakras when eating habits change?

I almost stopped eating meat without even intending. This took about 3 to 4 years.

And now, for about 2 months I do not eat any sweets anymore. The "longing" just stopped without me intending to...

Can someone tell me, how and why things like these happen and what's going on with the Chakras?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Flora

Serenity Bear 08-08-2011 05:05 PM

It could be part of a purification process, but it really depends on what your guides say.

Some spiritual people believe one must be meat free and toxin (ie sugar, alcohol, smoke) free and thus help the spiritual progression.

I dont agree with a lot of it. I feel that a well balanced diet including meat is ok for me. I dont drink or smoke though.

Flora 08-08-2011 05:10 PM

Hi serenity bear,

I dont have any guides :D.
Whatever happened with my diet was not intended by me.

And I've never smoked and seldom drink alcohol.

onthepath 09-08-2011 02:56 AM

I've had the same experience, but faster. I stopped eating meat a few weeks ago after some higher realization, gradually letting go dairy and now moreso vegan. I went 2 weeks not drinking and quit smoking, something I used to do a lot. I just don't need them it seems. The other night for the sake of a social life I went out with friends, drank and smoked cigarettes all the while feeling like I was poisoning myself (duuhhh)

I wish I had an aura photo from about a year ago to compare to now. Or even an month ago hahaha.

I don't know about chakras really, but I think its a transition for sure

what makes you think you don't have guides? Sometimes they gently nudge you without making themselves known :)

Spiritlite 09-08-2011 06:23 AM

Funny. Lately. I've been eating the most fruits and veggies I've ever eaten in my life zim eating NO sweets which for me is a miracle. It seems a lot of us are making good changes. I think it's the shift

Natalia 09-08-2011 11:24 AM

I quit eating meat 4 months ago when doing chakra work. It just sprung out of nowhere! One night im eating meat the next i have no desire for it. I have tried a couple times to eat meat since then and am left with a weighted down feeling, just don't feel right.

Here is a list that i was reading up on today. Maybe some of it will resonate with you which will give guidance on which chakra to focus on and clense.

CHAKRA - SYMPTOMS OR NEGATIVE HABITS

First:
Addiction to hard drugs, alcohol, work, sex, exercise, cutting, sadistic or masochistic behaviors, spending, milk, fats, or meat. Chronic illness, frequent accidents. Debt.

Second:
Addiction to gluten-rich foods, wheat, starchy carbohydrates, grain-based alcohol, chocolate, and certain or all emotions (emotionalism).

Third:
Addiction to work, perfection, marijuana, caffeine, carbonated beverages, beer, corn-based alcohol, and corn-processed sugar.

Fourth:
Addiction to ecstacy (the drug), love (having to be in love all the time), specific relationships (persons you can't let go of), smoking, wine, sugar and sweets, and false sugars such as saccharin or aspartame.

Fifth:
Compulsive talking or reading, compulsive overeating, and smoking or chewing tobacco.

Sixth:
Self-hatred (as in poor body image) and compulsive worry about appearances. Addiction to chocolate and all mood-altering substances. Compulsive behaviors such as handwashing and criticalness.

Seventh:
Addiction to "uppers" or "downers" and/or alcohol. Adherence to fanatic religion; use of prayer or meditation in order to avoid reality. Depression or anxiety.

Eighth:
Addiction to substances that can be used in healing, such as tobacco, nicotine, and coffee. The shamanic personality absorbs others' issues and often uses addictive substances to buffer the side effects of these toxic physical and psychic energies.

Ninth:
Poverty, scarcity, doing good for others to the point of hurting the self. The ninth-chakra personality is an idealist and can sometimes self-sacrafice too much.

Tenth:
Using psychogenic mushrooms (as a drug). Outdoor exercise (such as hiking) used for escapism. Using a focus on animals or nature to avoid people. Addiction to root vegetables, nuts, or chemicals, including food addictives, glues, or other human-made inorganics.

Eleventh:
Negativity, power issues (as in having to be control).

Twelfth:
Immature behaviors and abusive relationships of any sort. Lack of meaning.

Uma 09-08-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flora
Hello!
Can someone tell me what's going on with the Chakras when eating habits change?
I almost stopped eating meat without even intending. This took about 3 to 4 years.
And now, for about 2 months I do not eat any sweets anymore. The "longing" just stopped without me intending to...
Can someone tell me, how and why things like these happen and what's going on with the Chakras?
Thanks.
Cheers,
Flora

Hi Flora :),

The chakras are transmitters and receivers of subtle (invisible) energy.

What you "eat" is prana - which is in food and other things (for example thoughts have prana, emotions have prana, spaces and objects give off prana, breath is filled with prana...it's everywhere). It is even possible for some people who are evolved enough and care to spend the time and energy, to live off prana (example, Jasmuheen) - but this is not recommended. We did not come here just to live off prana.

When Kundalini is awakened and this higher aspect of yourself works to clear up the chakras (and the chakras are involved in every aspect of human experience) a purification process begins. Eating could be part of that as you naturally gravitate towards purer foods, foods that have more prana, foods that give you more energy (not only in your gross physical body but mental bodies as well). And foods that don't interfere with your meditation (such as heavy foods that take up a lot of digestive power, or that interfere with the functioning of your intelligence or nervous system, such as alcohol).

What you "long" for is all about what you treasure most in your life. When you know what that is, you will figure out what the eating changes have to do with it.

Hoping this is useful,
Uma

Flora 13-08-2011 04:32 PM

Thanks everybody

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthepath
I've had the same experience, but faster. I stopped eating meat a few weeks ago after some higher realization, gradually letting go dairy and now moreso vegan. I went 2 weeks not drinking and quit smoking, something I used to do a lot. I just don't need them it seems. The other night for the sake of a social life I went out with friends, drank and smoked cigarettes all the while feeling like I was poisoning myself (duuhhh)

Also dairy? - I hope there is nothing wrong with dairy, I love milk :)
I ate some sweets today, but really just of habit...I always notice that I don't really need it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthepath
what makes you think you don't have guides? Sometimes they gently nudge you without making themselves known :)

Well.. thats possible of course.

Flora 13-08-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinks

Here is a list that i was reading up on today. Maybe some of it will resonate with you which will give guidance on which chakra to focus on and clense.

Thats great, thank you.:smile:

Flora 13-08-2011 04:35 PM

Very interesting, thank you Uma.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uma
What you "long" for is all about what you treasure most in your life. When you know what that is, you will figure out what the eating changes have to do with it.

Well, thats not very easy to find out, I think.

----

I feel that there is something going on with my throat chakra for example, because I get a sore throat from time to time, without a cough or something. Just the sore throat. I thought the eating habits could be also belong to some special chakra, but as it seems, it's the whole system thats changing, not just one chakra.