Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder? (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138985)

Native spirit 05-04-2021 03:55 PM

Please keep quotes to one or two lines as it takes up space thank you.



Namaste

Greenslade 07-04-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
Based on your experience then, was I right or wrong in what I said? Here's a reminder:

I wasn't saying you were right or wrong and that's not really what it's about. I was talking about mental health and you were talking about psychic phenomena, very different. And if you're talking about proof psychic demons have yet be proved too.

So what knowledge do you have of mental health?

Greenslade 07-04-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
Let's not forget, though, that this thread is titled: "Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder?"

JRO made interesting observations about psychic phenomena, which is not the subject of the thread if you want to stay on track. There's probably any amount of Youtube vids about it if you care to look. I was talking about mental health issues and how the mind/brain can create the reality of 'demons', and sometimes what people call demons aren't always ugly creatures with horns.

bobjob 07-04-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
I wasn't saying you were right or wrong and that's not really what it's about. I was talking about mental health and you were talking about psychic phenomena, very different. And if you're talking about proof psychic demons have yet be proved too.

So what knowledge do you have of mental health?


In response to the question in your final sentence I gave an indication of my position in posting #30 after earlier making the following points (quoting myself) "They're all interesting, but as yet unproven, points - unless someone can point out relevant data I'm not aware of. To the best of my knowledge the nature and significance of dreams remains a subject of conjecture rather than fact.

Mental health may be better understood and a link between seeing demons and mental ill-health may be logical but again - as far as I'm aware - is still unproven."


I accept you weren't saying I was either right or wrong but I was asking for your view based on your experience of mental health provision, something I have no detailed knowledge about.

On a later point it's not possible to prove so-called psychic demons any more than we can actually prove life after death. However with the latter there is - I suggest - abundant evidence but I do not know if that's the case with demons or indeed what demons are supposed to be.

bobjob 07-04-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
JRO made interesting observations about psychic phenomena, which is not the subject of the thread if you want to stay on track.


The observations made by jro (to which I referred) were in posting #35 and said "Where I work, we are overwhelmed with cases and I know this is true of the entire area. People are signing up for mental health services and having to wait for weeks or even months. The psychiatric hospitals here are turning people away that they shouldn't be turning away because there just aren't enough beds. Yes, mental health is skyrocketing."
I was already "on track" with what I referred to.
Quote:

There's probably any amount of Youtube vids about it if you care to look. I was talking about mental health issues and how the mind/brain can create the reality of 'demons', and sometimes what people call demons aren't always ugly creatures with horns.
I have absolutely no interest in viewing YouTube videos in the way you suggest. I much prefer to engage on the points under discussion and with the greatest of respect that's what I had been doing.

Greenslade 08-04-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
I accept you weren't saying I was either right or wrong but I was asking for your view based on your experience of mental health provision, something I have no detailed knowledge about.

On a later point it's not possible to prove so-called psychic demons any more than we can actually prove life after death. However with the latter there is - I suggest - abundant evidence but I do not know if that's the case with demons or indeed what demons are supposed to be.

Frankly I don't know if there will ever be any empirical evidence on this, simply because of the way the brain operates and the current scientific understanding of it. What we do have is people's own experiences and the obvious links to chemical imbalances and the like, and we also know that the unconscious does 'communicate' with the conscious - dreams being the obvious way. There are certain ways that it can manifest in the brain and they often form patterns, for instance one common 'demon' is a black figure (sometimes multiples) with red or white eyes. If you think of dream interpretations you'll get the idea but Jung called them archetypes, they are representations/imagery given to the conscious mind from the unconscious.

Often what people see is relevant to them individually because the unconscious makes references to what that individual is conscious, the unconscious doesn't use language but it's the cliche of a picture paining a thousand words that an individual conscious would understand. The patterns remain consistent though and what is manifest can often give mental health professionals 'pointers'.

Psychic phenomena can't be proved by science either but there are plenty of people who have witnessed all kinds of things, myself included. There are plenty of witnesses and investigators, as well as photographs and videos. My wife's nephew is an investigator who will be filming nearby soon for television.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
The observations made by jro (to which I referred) were in posting #35 and said "Where I work, we are overwhelmed with cases and I know this is true of the entire area. People are signing up for mental health services and having to wait for weeks or even months. The psychiatric hospitals here are turning people away that they shouldn't be turning away because there just aren't enough beds. Yes, mental health is skyrocketing."
I was already "on track" with what I referred to.

WQhere it was in danger of going o0ff track is the reference to the demons of psychic phenomena that JRO was talking about, and are different to the inner demons.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
I have absolutely no interest in viewing YouTube videos in the way you suggest. I much prefer to engage on the points under discussion and with the greatest of respect that's what I had been doing.

There are parallels between inner and outer realities, and it's often in the discussion of mental health and psychic phenomena that we can find insights as to how one can affect the other.

bobjob 08-04-2021 08:00 AM

"There are parallels between inner and outer realities, and it's often in the discussion of mental health and psychic phenomena that we can find insights as to how one can affect the other."

As an untrained, uninvolved but analytical observer, one who has 'listened' to many contributors to many different discussion topics on various forum-websites over quite a few years, I've concluded that mental/emotional ill-health is evident in a fair number of accounts involving apparent psychic/spiritual matters.

We may gain insight from discussions but one major difficulty remains when we try to address online an individual's problems/difficulties/concerns. Difficulty too where they are interested in having additional experiences when really they need counseling and support.

Greenslade 10-04-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
As an untrained, uninvolved but analytical observer, one who has 'listened' to many contributors to many different discussion topics on various forum-websites over quite a few years, I've concluded that mental/emotional ill-health is evident in a fair number of accounts involving apparent psychic/spiritual matters.

Spirituality doesn't beget Spirituality, the brain/mind begets Spirituality, and schizophrenia and Spirituality light up the same areas of the brain. This is what many Spiritual people don't seem to want to understand. If people are reading books or posts and processing data - Spiritual knowledge is data as far as the brain is concerned - then it's susceptible to the frailties of the human mind/brain. People choose to believe that they are having a Spiritual or psychic experience. or what they are witnessing is psychic or Spiritual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
We may gain insight from discussions but one major difficulty remains when we try to address online an individual's problems/difficulties/concerns. Difficulty too where they are interested in having additional experiences when really they need counseling and support.

The largest and most dangerous issue by far is not that someone may or may not have a mental health issue, it's that too many people with nothing more than an opinion based on ignorance try and put themselves across as being mental health or Spirituality experts. I've seen enough of threads very similar to this one and they almost always follow the same patterns. The question I have is, of all the people who have offered what they think is advice, guidance or even common sense, how many of them have any experience in the field of mental health?

Greenslade 10-04-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Apparently we schizophrenics like to lie, it is a vanity thing or something...

Some people don't want to know that they have a mental health issue and they'll do anything to deny they have one - even to the stage where they would rather believe the voices they hear are demons - rather than seek professional help. Perhaps it's better to create a monster and have to live with that rather than admit there's something wrong and have it dealt with.

Here's what nobody will tell you, and I'm saying this from the perspective of a Spiritual person who is a medium and has worked in mental health. Hearing voices is more common than people would admit to and it's not a mental health issue. The 'real' mental health issues stem from the voices being the manifestation of a deeper mental health issue if there is one, and how people 'respond' to the voices. Hearing a voice in the back of your head is regarded as more of an idiosyncrasy than a mental health issue. People hearing a voice they believe is God and they jump off a bridge because of it is considered to be a mental health issue that cause danger to the person hearing the voices or others. It's one of the reasons people get guns and lay siege to schools.

Schizophrenia is not a disease. What can happen - it happened to me and a few others I've talked to about the same thing on here - is that after a major trauma (almost dying qualifies as major trauma/PTSD) is that the brain/mind can compartmentalise the perceptual reality - the emotional responses, the inability to deal with the reality, beliefs. etc. That can be where the voices come from and many who have suffered childhood traumas have said that their voices are children's voices. It's as though the person has taken a 'snapshot' of their mental/emotional state that has been frozen in time and the mind perceives it as a 'being' in its own right. The voice(s) usually seem to reflect that, as if what the voices say would come from a 'being' in that state of mind.

The reason I mentioned that was because you said you'd almost died due to COVID. I'd suggest that unless you've dealt with your experience of that directly, it's likely that you still haven't really got over it. Pushing it to the back of your mind isn't dealing with it or resolving it. I thought I'd dealt with my childhood abuse but a couple of rounds of therapy after a car accident that I shouldn't have walked away with showed me something different.

Our reality is all about how what's rattling in our skulls perceive it to be, and schizophrenia can be something of a unique perspective. However, on saying that schizophrenia and Spirituality light up the same areas of the brain. Most people don't want to admit to having a mental health issue and that in itself can be a mental health issue itself. How I love irony. But having a mental health issue is certainly a window into how we create our realities that few see or want to see.

Greenslade 10-04-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8fold
Question is,are they inherently demonic or possessed?

Neither, they have mental health issues.
All this demonic possession is nothing more than ignorant superstition that should have died out hundreds of years ago.
It really doesn't make sense and it doesn't help these discussions.

jro5139 16-04-2021 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Neither, they have mental health issues.
All this demonic possession is nothing more than ignorant superstition that should have died out hundreds of years ago.


Well and that's where I'd have to disagree with you. What I saw was exactly that. Also having worked in the mental health field for some years now I would say that those with mental illness may some of the time attract entities and thus, the two (paranormal and mental illness) can and do at times go hand in hand. Although admittedly maybe not in every case. There may be some who are just mentally ill and are really experiencing paranoia or hallucinations.

I've worked with schizophrenics and many other types of mental illness and I've met people who most would say that are hallucinating but they swear up and down to me that the voices they hear are real spirits and you know what, I can't say that I always disregard them. I've experienced the spirit realm and who am I to tell someone that what I experienced was real but what they are is not.
That being said, I have also had patients that I think are just experiencing paranoia and delusions and what they think is happening is not happening at all. So that happens too.

I brought what I saw up not to throw the thread off topic but because the question was posed if the two could be related and I have experience in both (experiencing a full fledged demon possession for lack of a better way to describe it and also having worked in the mental health field) and I would say that yes, and that might have to do with people with mental illness being more sensitive at times or just that they have unwittingly opened themselves up to something.

Sadly, I think at times working in this field that we do an injustice when we don't look at the spiritual aspects as I have reasons to believe that cases of mental illness are also sometimes cases of entities being involved to various degrees. I think the spiritual realm is far more involved with us than most people think.

The subject of hearing voices is so interesting to me. I feel our thoughts aren't always ours, however, most people don't know that other realms exist so they attribute any thoughts that come to their mind as theirs. I don't think just because a thought comes to us in our own voice in our head that it is necessarily our own.
Then there are others who swear they are hearing other voices and they are labeled schizophrenic or mentally ill. I have met schizophrenics that may really be hearing spirits though, that is where having had the experiences that I have had, I cannot just disregard something like that all of the time.

Personally, I don't hear voices; however, I do at times sense spirits or other entities. Having been in the same room with whatever that thing was (and believe me there is no doubt in my mind that it was evil), I don't doubt this as I also felt it's presence (along with seeing what it did to that woman).

I've never heard voices, but I have had what I would call telepathic communication. Although what communicated with me presented themselves as positive and I have not found any solid reason to believe they were not positive.

So having experienced all that, I cannot just disregard when people present things to me, even if they are diagnosed with mental illness, as purely hallucination all the time. And believe me it can make for quite a conundrum sometimes working in this field.

Greenslade 18-04-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
Well and that's where I'd have to disagree with you. What I saw was exactly that. Also having worked in the mental health field for some years now I would say that those with mental illness may some of the time attract entities and thus, the two (paranormal and mental illness) can and do at times go hand in hand. Although admittedly maybe not in every case. There may be some who are just mentally ill and are really experiencing paranoia or hallucinations.

One day one of my clients went on a full breakdown, the mental health professionals that were supposed to be looking after her allowed her away from the facility knowing that the issue her meds could cause problems. They did. One minute I was teaching her how to use a computer and a short while later I had her trapped in a public toilet, where she was sitting on the floor in a puddle of her own urine and screaming at me as if I was the devil himself come to eat her. It was either that or let her run onto a very busy main road.

I don't have an issue with what you saw and what it might have meant to you, I have an issue with the whole idea of demonic possession. I could have said that woman client of mine had been possessed. The brain hallucinates our conscious reality by processing information received through the senses. Everything you know of the external world is the result of your brain's ability to process electrical signals and when the brain can't process that information things go haywire. That's why women get the reputation of being bad drivers, generally they don't have the spatial acuity that mean have. I'm only speaking generally for the sake of illustration.

Mental health issues can have any number of origins, and one of those is chemical imbalance - which is why that particular client of mine had her breakdown. Her meds didn't keep her doped down they restored the balance. The other part of this equation is how the brain interprets the information and that's very personal because it includes a whole raft of unconscious processes that might go back to early childhood.

The issues arise when people can't make the distinction between being psychic, being a medium and hearing voices/hallucinations. I was asked by someone on this forum to have a chat with a young woman who was convinced she was a medium, but there were huge doubts and questions. I was also given the link to as thread so I could see the discussion and frankly it was a horror story, people who clearly didn't have a clue about mediumship were trying to put themselves across to a woman who clearly had severe mental health issues. She was looking for an 'alternative' in Spirituality, nobody wants to believe they're a headcase. It took me a little while but I dismantled her thought processes and assured her that being a headcase wasn't so bad after all. Last I heard she was home from the ward and was going through care with her family.

At the same time I've known people who have thought they were going crazy but were psychic/mediums whose latent talents were awakening within them, and I guess in most people's eyes they would have been treated differently by the people around them. Those are very similar to my own experiences too.

What I don't do is tar anyone, but I do try and find out if what they are experiencing is Spiritual or mental health issues.

Regardless of what people believe, Spirituality is processed by what's rattling around in our noggins. There's really no difference to reading a Spiritual book and processing its contents and doing the same for any other type of information - or having a discussion in these forums. It's all about how our brains interpret the information. Childhood experiences can influence Spirituality more than people think they can - they can be the 'real reason' people turn to Spirituality in the first place.

This is where a thread like this can give people an insight as to how reality is created, it's all very well to babble on about all this "I am self aware" stuff but how many people really understand what underpins their Spirituality? How many people in this forum know how much cognitive dissonance or cognitive behaviour affects their Spirituality? Because those two are 'active members' in its creation within our reality. If a flu and a headful of snot can affect our realities, what about major mental health issues like schizophrenia and bi-polar? Did you know that schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain?

There are some people who are genuine psychics/mediums and there are people who are schizophrenic, sometimes people are both at the same time. Some people have schizophrenia and want to believe they are mediums and some people who are mediums believe they are schizophrenic. Some people believe they are Spiritual because it's better than facing up to themselves. The point is that being a medium is one thing while being schizophrenic is a very different beastie, and not knowing the difference is dangerous either way.

Have you ever been in a room that felt as though it was full of happy shiny people and gave you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside? Was an entity responsible for that too? Have you felt the energies of a church or a hospital? Did you know that people give off measurable amounts of energy that can be sensed by others?

Hearing a voice that is giving you insights is one thing, hearing a voice that tells you that everybody hates you and you should shoot them is something very different. I'm not saying you should disregard anything but what I will say is that either way, a large dose of scepticism is healthy until you find out for sure. Ask questions first and use common sense. Telling someone they're a medium when they have a mental health issue is no help at all. Or vice versa.

It doesn't matter if the voices are positive or negative, it's natural for people to accept positive voices more readily than negative ones and therefore accept what might be schizophrenia after all. Some schizophrenics hear comforting or positive ones too. My voices help me out with my Spirituality sometimes, I can puzzle away with something I read in a post for hours then the voice will pop up and give me the answer - sometimes with frustration in the voice. I have an 'always-on' connection with Spirit but I'm clairsentient, which means I sense. But there's a difference in the perception of the source of the voices, and identifying that source makes the difference between internal and external voices.

green1 18-04-2021 03:53 PM

It took me years to believe it but devils and subconscious telepathy with humans were causing my schizophrenia. Theres is no Devil but there are devils.

jro5139 21-04-2021 11:54 PM

Greenslide, yes I do know that people can be schizophrenic or psychic or both. I have met schizophrenics who I can believe may also be psychic. The two light up the same area of the brain, that doesn't really surprise me.
Sure I've felt happy vibes but feeling vibes from people and sensing another being in a room with you are two different things. Besides, it was more than sensing when you watch things happen to someone that are not explainable by human standards. I only call it demon possession because that's the best definition I have.
You want to know what has driven my searching all these years? It was seeing that and knowing than that the spirit realm is real and there's more to life than just "us" or "this". I always question and I am probably one of the most skeptical people on this forum.

green1, so define what you mean by devils?

green1 22-04-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
green1, so define what you mean by devils?

Hi,

The devils act exactly like a real Devil would do. They lie, cheat, judge, punish, threaten, torture, etc. Each devil has a different look but they basically do the same things. I met 3 of them. They look like a real Devil. Why do they play the devils? I guess they admire the Devil and they become one. They may believe in the existence of a real Devil.

How do they cause schizophrenia? A devil is the opposite of an empath. They make fun of your weaknesses, and attack you by threatening you, etc. Consequently, you are demoralized, your consciousness falls and you start to dream awake. You lose power and the devil profits from this for injecting thoughts and images to your mind, or modifying your thoughts.

Self-forgiveness is key for healing from these attacks and schizophrenia. When you are demoralized and lose power, you can forgive yourself by saying that this may happen to anybody, humans have a lot to deal with and it is difficult to be human etc. It also helps to note that what the devils do is very easy where repairing the damages is difficult. It is like breaking a vase. It is very easy to break a vase but it is very difficult to repair it. The devils don't know about healing, they use their intelligence the wrong way.

In order not to provoke problems, I chose to befriend the devils. For this, I had to let go of my human pride which the devils hate. Human pride is the belief that humans are good and beautiful whereas devils (or demons) are bad and ugly. Basically, they attack us because of our human pride. Connection with your guide (Higher Self, God) is very important. You will need a lot of luck during the healing process which your guide can give. For this you need to accept to change your character for your guide. Change will come.

Why did the scientists not discover all these? Simply, because they fear the paranormal activity.

There is also subconscious telepathy with humans which plays a role in schizophrenia. Humans also may demoralize you if you have a problem. They will also make it harder for you to befriend the devils since they hate them. Finding peace with other humans and befriending them in subconscious telepathy took me more than 10 years.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
green1

jro5139 23-04-2021 02:12 AM

green1, thanks, I was just curious what you defined as "devils". What I saw I would classify as a demon based on what it did. I'm sure it was evil and there are negative beings about, but I'm not sure if it was something earth bound or what. I don't really think it was an alien, just based on what I've learned about aliens since. It didn't really seem all that powerful and it only preyed on fear. Once I learned not to be afraid of it, I learned it can't get to me. Since that day, I'm not afraid of much. I'd be more inclined to fight against it or cast it out, I have no interest in befriending something like that.

I think telepathy is one of those abilities that we all should innately have, but has been disabled for whatever reason, although sometimes it comes through. I don't think it has anything to do with schizophrenia.

The beings that telepathically communicated with me was more due to my having a connection with them, I believe. Possibly to do with my ancestry. I don't look at them as "guides" per say, the way people seem to describe it.
When they communicated, it wasn't a strange voice in my head. It was my own voice but not me speaking.

RedEmbers 23-04-2021 04:15 AM

I kind of think that personality fragmentation can cause mental disorders.

Where early life or trauma has created an environment where it has not been safe for all of one's personality to "embody" or integrate into one's reality.

We segregate parts of our personality which we do not feel safe to embody. It is a safety mechanism, to survive.

I avoided a bipolar diagnosis because I recognised that I segregated a part of my personality which did not feel safe to express as a child. It was directly related to trauma and it differentiated me from my bipolar mates.

I never felt safe to rely on other people or ask for help so that part of me "split" to keep me safe. I abandoned part of myself for safety.

SO I disowned that part of me for my own survival.

Though when I was able to "own" that part of me I was able to integrate and so I felt "whole" and not split. That is why, I feel, in my own case, that I do not have a bipolar diagnosis.

Greenslade 25-04-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
Greenslide, yes I do know that people can be schizophrenic or psychic or both. I have met schizophrenics who I can believe may also be psychic. The two light up the same area of the brain, that doesn't really surprise me.
Sure I've felt happy vibes but feeling vibes from people and sensing another being in a room with you are two different things. Besides, it was more than sensing when you watch things happen to someone that are not explainable by human standards. I only call it demon possession because that's the best definition I have.
You want to know what has driven my searching all these years? It was seeing that and knowing than that the spirit realm is real and there's more to life than just "us" or "this". I always question and I am probably one of the most skeptical people on this forum.

green1, so define what you mean by devils?

Demonic possession is ignorant superstition that should have died out years ago and if you want to define it learn more about mental health. Or better yet don't define it at all but defining it as demonic possession just feeds into the nonsense that often comes out in threads like this. People think they're clever when they talk about it but it's dangerous.

Greenslade 25-04-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green1
Hi,

The devils act exactly like a real Devil would do. They lie, cheat, judge, punish, threaten, torture, etc. Each devil has a different look but they basically do the same things. I met 3 of them. They look like a real Devil. Why do they play the devils? I guess they admire the Devil and they become one. They may believe in the existence of a real Devil.

Seriously? In this day and age? This is one of the reasons mental health is seldom talked about, it's because people like you spout such nonsense. People start believing in this instead of finding real answers for their issues, and often this nonsense only makes it worse.

You're not talking about devils you're talking about paranoid schizophrenia, the kind that ends up with people harming themselves or others.

Greenslade 25-04-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I avoided a bipolar diagnosis because I recognised that I segregated a part of my personality which did not feel safe to express as a child. It was directly related to trauma and it differentiated me from my bipolar mates.

In my own case a survival process kicked in and my consciousness 'separated' from my body. I was suffering so much trauma that I was literally beside myself, I was outside my body watching myself go through the pain. I was about eight or nine at the time, now I'm sixty-four. Without realising it I was trying to express that child throughout my Life since that happened, even until these past couple of years or so. Always the child screaming to be heard inside.

I've spoken to a couple of people in threads like these, it seems to be common that alternative personalities are 'snapshots' of emotional states caused by severe trauma.

Nowadays I treat the child as real and as a being in his own right, even though it was always a part of me to begin with. I went through cognitive behaviour therapy a couple of years ago and a large part of that was dealing with that inner child and what he went through. It's still not easy sometimes but I feel as though I have to Love myself as the child, to allow feelings to come through and express that part of me 0 and Love him just the same.

green1 25-04-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Seriously?

Yes Greenslade. Not only these devils, but many religious people still believe that Devil is real. To complicate the issue even further, they believe that devils are the real Devil. These misbeliefs may cause schizophrenia. I don't understand your point we are saying the same thing no? (that Devil is not real).

Greenslade 25-04-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green1
Yes Greenslade. Not only these devils, but many religious people still believe that Devil is real. To complicate the issue even further, they believe that devils are the real Devil. These misbeliefs may cause schizophrenia.

The 'real' devil is nothing more than a scare tactic used by a religion that was designed as a control mechanism, and it belongs to a mindset that should have died out two thousand years ago. The Biblical devil from Genesis is Enki, of Sumerian mythology. The rest is the power of their own minds to create their reality, nothing more, although there are other psychological disorders presenting themselves. People believe God talks to them for the same reasons.

Native spirit 25-04-2021 09:01 PM

I would have to agree with Greenslade


Namaste

BigJohn 27-04-2021 06:00 AM

To me, the Devil seems to be a Thought Form which people keep alive.

jro5139 06-05-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Demonic possession is ignorant superstition that should have died out years ago and if you want to define it learn more about mental health.


I'm assigning a definition to what I saw based on what I saw. This is the best definition I have come up with based on what I saw and what I know. If you can define it better than be my guest.
I think that having a Masters Degree in counseling and working in this field for years, I have learned enough to know what is mental health and what is something else. Peace.

Greenslade 08-05-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
I'm assigning a definition to what I saw based on what I saw. This is the best definition I have come up with based on what I saw and what I know. If you can define it better than be my guest.
I think that having a Masters Degree in counseling and working in this field for years, I have learned enough to know what is mental health and what is something else. Peace.

Then you'll understand your own reasons for whatever definition you've assigned to it.

When I worked in mental health I saw a young woman go from happy and laughing to sitting in a corner of the gents toilet in a puddle of her urine. She was screaming at me as though I was the devil himself come to take her away, and the only way I could stop her from running onto a very busy main road was to trap her in the toilet. That happened because of chemical imbalances in her brain. Another client went full-blown psycho on his family and tried to kill them with a kitchen knife for the same reasons. Someone else jumped off a bridge because God had told he to kill herself but she had a history of self-loathing and depression.

I also know because I've conjured up a few 'demons' myself, and dealt with others' 'demons'.

jro5139 13-05-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
That happened because of chemical imbalances in her brain.

Chemical imbalances do not cause people to levitate, they do not cause people to speak in foreign languages that they don't know and that sound ancient, they do not cause people's eyes and voices to change, they do not throw people across a room and they do not cause a presence to be in the room. That's the stuff that the mental health field cannot explain through psychology.

And by the way, it's not fear mongering if you read what I wrote. The whole point was that I learned not to be afraid.

Sean1 13-05-2021 07:22 PM

The only demons I have are self-imposed.

Greenslade 14-05-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
Chemical imbalances do not cause people to levitate, they do not cause people to speak in foreign languages that they don't know and that sound ancient, they do not cause people's eyes and voices to change, they do not throw people across a room and they do not cause a presence to be in the room. That's the stuff that the mental health field cannot explain through psychology.

And by the way, it's not fear mongering if you read what I wrote. The whole point was that I learned not to be afraid.

You were talking about demons, not levitation, and people talk in foreign tongues when they get drunk and sometimes in religious ceremonies. No doubt there's a scientific explanation. As for presences, they can be felt by people who are energy-sensitive, which I am. As for levitation and throwing people around the room, as far as I'm aware none of that has been validated beyond theatrics.

You assigned a definition to what you think you saw and experienced and if you're already predisposed to demons then all you're looking for is something to believe in. So that too can be explained by psychology.

AbodhiSky 14-05-2021 10:20 PM

things like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder run in family trees and so have a genetic cause. anxiety disorders also run down family genetic lines. it's interesting as offspring may get none of these at all or get their own unique version of them.

AbodhiSky 14-05-2021 10:30 PM

i had one brief experience with hearing voices, i was experimenting with meditation and visualization and successfully entered a trance state then there was this popping sensation and suddenly I heard all these loud voices all around me clear as day so i opened my eyes in shock expecting to see people in my room and of course, as soon as i came into full awake consciousness, the voices all stopped.

i just assumed i tapped into some form of esp or something, that i was hearing people somewhere

jro5139 26-05-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
As for levitation and throwing people around the room, as far as I'm aware none of that has been validated beyond theatrics.

I was talking about what I saw, which included that. It is validated to me because I saw it.

green1 27-05-2021 08:35 AM

Scientists are scared of the paranormal. Normally they should try experimenting with it. But they do not because they are scared.

And I understand them. But do not listen to their conclusions about so called "sick" people. No one is sick, they only suffer from paranormal activity i.e. subconscious telepathy with humans and possibly other beings.

Greenslade 30-05-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
I was talking about what I saw, which included that. It is validated to me because I saw it.

Validation is what you choose it to be.

Greenslade 30-05-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green1
No one is sick, they only suffer from paranormal activity i.e. subconscious telepathy with humans and possibly other beings.

So how do you explain the lack of lithium in the brain - and other physical and neurological disorders - that can cause psychotic delusions that appear to the person as their reality, as real as you are seeing your reality right now?

green1 30-05-2021 01:53 PM

Scientists are not certain about current findings, especially about brain chemistry.

More experiment with subconscious telepathy is needed. But doctors won’t do this on behalf of patients. The patients should do it for themselves.

I personally solved schizophrenia and ADHD without medications.

Greenslade 31-05-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green1
Scientists are not certain about current findings, especially about brain chemistry.

More experiment with subconscious telepathy is needed. But doctors won’t do this on behalf of patients. The patients should do it for themselves.

I personally solved schizophrenia and ADHD without medications.

Beliefs are anything you want them to be, and negating science doesn't make beliefs any more true. That's a favourite tactic used in beliefs vs science.

So how do you make unconscious telepathy unconscious?

Medications aren't always used as a 'cure', sometimes they're for managing because there are things that simply can't be cured. And often people haven't cured their mental health issues, they've simply pushed them back. There's a huge difference.

BigJohn 31-05-2021 02:03 PM

You have been bringing up some interesting points.

GlitterRose 31-05-2021 04:33 PM

It seems it is an internal struggle that sometimes spills out.

So "inner demons" have a way of becoming outer ones.

As within, so without, and perhaps vice versa.

It certainly seems that there is an opposing force that tries to prevent us from attaining spiritual growth.

There is something that can be experienced.

Spiritual wickedness in high places...what if it was true?

Greenslade 01-06-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterRose
It seems it is an internal struggle that sometimes spills out.

So "inner demons" have a way of becoming outer ones.

As within, so without, and perhaps vice versa.

We are in a symbiotic relationship between our inner and outer worlds, so yes, and what is 'inside' always manifests in the outer world. That goes for Spiritual people too and if they are not honest and genuine that is also manifested - or something else if they are not. So not only do the 'inner demons' of mental health issues become manifest so does the 'inner demons' of our Spirituality and integrity - and sometimes they go together.

Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder can show us so much more about how our realities are created and manifested, and often how little control we really have over those realities. There but for the grace of God go I and all that, yet the discussion turns to demons as though we're still back in the dark ages.

We are the opposing forces.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums