Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What is a soul really? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144590)

traceyacey12 12-08-2022 06:45 AM

What is a soul really?

Hi everyone,

So there's talk of soul family and soulmates but what is a soul exactly? Obviously in the 5 years that I have been delving into spirituality I have heard of past lives and souls splitting and soul evolution but I'm still having a hard time understanding what it is. What's a soul really?

Thanks for your help 🙂

FairyCrystal 12-08-2022 08:38 AM

I've posted it before on here, maybe it helps you.
It's the clearest explanation I've found.

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/rc4/hrc4-07.php

traceyacey12 12-08-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
It's the clearest explanation I've found.
http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/rc4/hrc4-07.php

Interesting! Thank you very much

CosmicWonder 12-08-2022 06:17 PM

I see my body as my soul, in a way. I don’t belief in some external piece of me. It’s all within. Just my opinion.

Much kindness,

CW

lostsoul13 12-08-2022 06:27 PM

Legend I was first born I went into my soul spirit- it was kinda transparent energy vibrating: I felt connect to the vastness and held matters of enlightenment far greater than materialistic I’m quite materialistic so it was a awakening- I didn’t fear reincarnation, or pain they were body constraints—- I was free: until the real body showed up which is deep in the rabbit hole and matrix! I felt plugged in to the matrix from my birth into existence- and knew this would be the pain world it was inevitable…

But it wasn’t as i was standing in my soul I had beaten the ‘matrix we live in’

iamthat 12-08-2022 07:10 PM

For me the simplest way to understand the Soul is Consciousness.

The Consciousness which gazes out of our eyes, the Silent Observer which watches our thoughts and emotions and actions, the Consciousness which will eventually discard the physical body and move on to other realms of activity.

If we struggle to connect with the Soul, it is not because it is so far away but because it is so close that we are unaware of it. It is what we are.

Peace

FairyCrystal 12-08-2022 07:52 PM

I've been in a very high vibrational state a few times, at home during meditation and once during a workshop, where my Soul entered my body.
Guess what. It can't! It is huge beyond imagination. Until you've felt that you cannot even begin to imagine how vast it is.
Then you get what they say that only a tiny tiny piece of it is in your body with you.
So it isn't inside of you. It doesn't fit. Not even close. It is a glorious feeling to be so connected to the whole though, I sat here with a huge grin on my face.
I could draw in more than I usually have but again, still a tiny tiny bit of what the entirety of the Soul is.
It's like one thin, small thread of a long coat that's within you. You can't get the entire coat in no matter what you do. It does NOT fit.
Really amazing!

When you make your transition you reunite with your entire Soul, which is why you then have a full grasp and understanding of everything and anything.

Aknaton 14-08-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceyacey12
So there's talk of soul family and soulmates but what is a soul exactly? Obviously in the 5 years that I have been delving into spirituality I have heard of past lives and souls splitting and soul evolution but I'm still having a hard time understanding what it is. What's a soul really?

You are a soul, you are the soul. Conscious and endowed free will, the ability to think, feel and express yourself. You as a soul are clothed in a human body which is your physical clothing of expression. Like an earth suit. You can't operate in space as a human without an spacesuit, and you certainly can't operate as a soul on earth without an earth suit. You also have subtle forms of expression such as those other bodies in the spirit world. You go to sleep, are in deep meditation or whatever and you leave your earth suit and can travel as a soul (self - consciousness) or you can don a spirit suit to interact and express your self/soul as a spirit being on spiritual planes.

Starman 19-08-2022 10:14 AM

Each persona defines themselves and their deeper being in their
own way. No one is an authority on anyone else. What we call ”soul”
is called by different names in different cultures and by different
languages, and is viewed differently by different beliefs and practices.

I prefer the term my deeper being, and as I have come to know it,
it is beyond words and thoughts. It is an experience for me that
transcends codification. I enjoy the constant companionship of my
own inner light, thoughts suspended it brings me naked clarity, peace,
and a sweet overwhelming presence. For me, there no definitions exist.

Still_Waters 19-08-2022 08:18 PM

quotE 6 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat

For me the simplest way to understand the Soul is Consciousness.

The Sufi Mystic Hazrat Inayat Khan, under whose son I practiced for years, said pretty much the same thing and I use his definition for the "soul".

He simply said that "the soul is energy loaded with consciousness".