Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Touched 31-07-2016 08:05 PM

The theme for today is "Truth". :hug3:

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
~Buddha~

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
~Winston Churchill~

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery~

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
~Mark Twain~

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
~Rene Descartes~

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth.
~Charles Stanley~

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
~Arthur Schopenhauer~

Fear is not in the habit of speaking truth; when perfect sincerity is expected, perfect freedom must be allowed; nor has anyone who is apt to be angry when he hears the truth any cause to wonder that he does not hear it.
~Tacitus~

Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
~Swami Vivekananda~

Still_Waters 01-08-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sorry, changed to the bolded...
When I get to that spot...I burst out laughing...
people then look over at me sitting alone waiting for friends....:tongue:
I'm so used to it by now! :D

When one "gets to that spot" even if only briefly, one can indeed sit alone and "burst out laughing" while sitting in the lotus position in perfect peace and contentment and detachment .... but it doesn't seem to last long as new "friends" suddenly approach out of "nowhere".

:smile:

A human Being 01-08-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sorry, changed to the bolded...
When I get to that spot...I burst out laughing...
people then look over at me sitting alone waiting for friends....:tongue:
I'm so used to it by now! :D

I'm confused, what's funny? :confused: :laughing11:

Miss Hepburn 01-08-2016 01:13 PM

You can allow it or not, but the basis of
your world is Well-Being.
The essence of whatever you give your attention to
is unfolding in your experience.

-Abraham-Hicks

Melahin 01-08-2016 04:03 PM

Attention is attraction.

-Abraham-Hicks

Still_Waters 01-08-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A human Being
I'm confused, what's funny? :confused: :laughing11:

With all due respect to Miss Hepburn, allow me to refer you to the Buddha to answer that one.

Miss Hepburn 02-08-2016 12:08 AM

"....you laugh at the sky"

I know right? It makes as much sense as :

The master was looking for a replacement from among his students.
He asks, How do you enter through the closed gate?
One student says, The gate is never closed.
Another says, The gate and I are one.
Yet another says...Closed gate or open gate...it makes no difference.
The last student took his sandals off, placed them on his head and walked away.
He became the new Master.

:tongue:

naturesflow 02-08-2016 08:54 AM

As we journey together as fellow travelers, let us find a way to embrace both the joy *and the heartbreak of spiritual awakening, and bear witness to the wisdom shining out of our immediate experience, whether it appears as sadness, bliss, despair, or great joy. It is true that grace will appear in both sweet *and fierce forms, but regardless of its particular manifestation, it is still grace, sent from beyond to open us to the radiant fullness of being-Matt Licata.

naturesflow 02-08-2016 08:55 AM

Much is being said these days about healing and spiritual awakening, and the causeless joy, clarity, and peace that are the inevitable fruits of the inner journey. Not all that much is mentioned, however, about the disappointment of awakening – or of the ways it can break our hearts – cracking us open to the reality of the crucifixion, the resurrection, *and the transfiguration we are likely to encounter along the way- Matt Licata

In the rush to convert the negative to the positive, to manifest everything we (have been conditioned to believe we) want, and to wiggle into some permanent state of “happy,” we forget that there is no transfiguration without a radical embodiment to the cross of the movement of the darkness within- Matt Licata

naturesflow 02-08-2016 09:46 AM

"...When you contemplate beauty in nature and
Something within you responds deeply to it,
Close your eyes for a moment and
Feel the essence of that love or that beauty within you,
Inseparable from who you are, your true nature. ... "

~ Eckhart Tolle