Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Miss Hepburn 21-10-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
“God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man.” ~ Ibn Arabi

Wow, how cool is that?

JustASimpleGuy 21-10-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wow, how cool is that?

Very cool!

JustASimpleGuy 21-10-2019 04:54 PM

"If I penetrate to the depths of my own existence, to the indefinable AM that is myself in its deepest roots, then through this deep center I pass into the infinite I AM, which is the very Name of the Almighty." ~ Thomas Merton

A human Being 23-10-2019 03:08 PM

'Part of reconnecting to your heart is going to ask you to deal with a lot of unprocessed pain. Some of it is easy to get to. Some of it is not. Human beings have become the walking emotionally-wounded in Western Culture, and most people can't even admit to having wounds. Thus, in opening up to your heart, you are opening up to a new level of self-honesty. You can't deny what you feel if you want to reconnect to your heart. You have to allow it and to honor the fact that you have issues.' - Jim Tolles

JustASimpleGuy 25-10-2019 01:03 PM

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world." ~ Hans Margolius

ocean breeze 27-10-2019 09:08 PM

"Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd. Indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible." - Bertrand Russell

“Nothing is falser than people's preconceptions and ready-made opinions; nothing is sillier than their sham morality...” - Gaius Petronius Arbiter

“I believe that school makes complete fools of our young men, because they see and hear nothing of ordinary life there” - Gaius Petronius Arbiter

"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived." - Gaius Petronius Arbiter

JustASimpleGuy 28-10-2019 01:25 PM

"The path of awakening is not about becoming who you are. Rather it is about unbecoming who you are not." ~ Albert Schweitzer

Ciona 31-10-2019 03:24 AM

"The master comes back to the body." - Matt Kahn

JustASimpleGuy 31-10-2019 11:00 AM

"Realisation is not acquisition of anything new nor is it a new faculty. It is only removal of all camouflage." ~ Ramana Maharshi

Miss Hepburn 01-11-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
"The path of awakening is not about becoming who you are.
Rather it is about unbecoming who you are not." ~ Albert Schweitze
r

More please and Ramana ones..:smile: :biggrin: