Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Unseeking Seeker 17-03-2019 01:54 PM

Illusion exists as long as there is desire, pleasure, fear & sorrow.

J. Krishnamurthy

ocean breeze 18-03-2019 07:16 AM

"Dying is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well. I do it so it feels like hell. I do it so it feels real. I guess you could say I've a call."

Sylvia Plath

"Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing."

Sylvia Plath

"A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested. On the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle aged habit and convention."

Aldous Huxley

ajay00 30-03-2019 05:35 PM

Whatever I do, I do with the greatest love that I have in me. Try this, and you will see that you do not become fatigued at all. Love is one of the greatest stimulants to the will. Under the influence of love the will can do almost anything. ~ Yogananda

Miss Hepburn 30-03-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay00
Whatever I do, I do with the greatest love that I have in me. Try this, and you will see that you do not become fatigued at all.
Love is one of the greatest stimulants to the will. Under the influence of love the will can do almost anything. ~ Yogananda

Aw...thank you both.:hug3:

A human Being 01-04-2019 06:25 AM

"'How can I more deeply embrace the human experience?' is a better question than 'How can I awaken?' The former is likely to lead to spiritual maturity. The latter is likely to lead to spiritual bypassing". - Amoda Maa Jeevan

ocean breeze 01-04-2019 08:46 AM

"There seem to be two kinds of searchers: those who seek to make their ego something other than it is, holy, happy, unselfish (as though you could make a fish unfish), and those who understand that all such attempts are just gesticulation and play-acting, that there is only one thing that can be done, which is to dis-identify themselves with the ego, by realizing its unreality, and by becoming aware of their eternal identity with pure being." - Wei Wu Wei

"You are only a disciple because your eyes are closed. The day you open them you will see there is nothing you can learn from me or anyone. What then is a Master for? To make you see the uselessness of having one." - Anthony De Mello

Miss Hepburn 02-04-2019 03:59 PM

In the body, life is templed; in the mind, light is templed; in the soul, peace is templed.
The deeper one goes into the soul the more that peace is felt; that is superconsciousness.

-P. Yogananda

ocean breeze 06-04-2019 04:33 PM

"Whatsoever you have done is nothing in comparison to that which you can do. And whatsoever you can do is nothing in comparison to that which you are." - Osho

Greenslade 07-04-2019 02:36 PM

"We are the Ones we have been waiting for. Be Love, Beloveds."

ImthatIm 08-04-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

I believe much trouble would be saved if we opened our hearts more.
Chief Joseph:hug3: