Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are you going shopping? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95692)

Honza 03-01-2016 02:57 PM

Are you going shopping?

A thread for all the happy shoppers. Tell us what is on your shopping list or what you just bought.

I'm in agony waiting for my latest internet order. I bought some lovely wooden chess pieces and some real wood chess boards. Ever since then time seems to have stopped.

Belle 03-01-2016 03:43 PM

I've done some excellent un-shopping. Bought stuff on the internet, had a look and taken it back. I've got my eye on a couple of shirts - I'm into colour and I want colour.

I need a new 'puter shortly. I was going to raid the sales but don't think my finances are quite ready for it.

Silver 03-01-2016 04:21 PM

I just got through watching the movie, Searching for Bobby Fischer the other day, Jan. I didn't know you were a chess player. My brother, Tom (r.i.p.) started teaching me how to play chess when I was a kid.

I'm keeping an eye out for a shelf to keep my glass pieces and healing gemstones on.

rainbow.sprinkles 03-01-2016 08:01 PM

I went shopping during boxing week and got a beautiful dress, a couple t shirts, a tank top, a new game (Fairytale Gloom) and an expansion for another game (original Gloom), a couple new articles of gym clothes.... some new undies.... I think that's it?

Honza 03-01-2016 08:50 PM

When I was a kid I was pretty good at chess. But haven't really played much for years now. Suddenly I got the bug and I want to try and play again. I bought a 'Go' set too. Anything to break up the long and idle days.

Emg125 03-01-2016 09:44 PM

Totally bought cards against humanity last night!!!!! My birthday is this month and I have decided Im gonna make a 2 day thing out of it .... Dinner on Friday with some friends while my kids are at a sitter.... A real dinner out without kids!!! Then have a few friends over on sat night to play cards against humanity and have some drinks....

lemongrass_ 04-01-2016 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emg125
Totally bought cards against humanity last night!!!!! My birthday is this month and I have decided Im gonna make a 2 day thing out of it .... Dinner on Friday with some friends while my kids are at a sitter.... A real dinner out without kids!!! Then have a few friends over on sat night to play cards against humanity and have some drinks....

Happy Birthday Emg125!!! :occasion13: :occasion16:

Enjoy your dinner with friends on Friday and Sat night too! :wink:

Love,
lemongrass

lemongrass_ 04-01-2016 02:11 AM

Thinking about shopping for small potted plants and hmm, I need new shoes! That's it for now. :wink: :smile:

MIND POWER 05-01-2016 10:24 AM

Need to get some oats, will probably change my brand from Quaker Oats back to Scott porridge oats! after years of eating Quaker! the relationship with that smile is over....

Support some of my home boys, instead of the Americans...haha! :smile:

Honza 07-01-2016 02:04 PM

Flower Remedies.

LibbyScorp 12-01-2016 08:21 AM

please help me not shop anymore.

alcyone 12-01-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Flower Remedies.

Same. I need to get some soon.

Honza 12-01-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
please help me not shop anymore.

Ouch! YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL! :smile:

Honza 12-01-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesta
Same. I need to get some soon.

Mine arrived today....

alcyone 13-01-2016 03:19 PM

Yes for furniture. I have my eye on a tempurpedic mattress and a wooden bed frame, a night stand, a few other bedroom items. And of course lots of art to hang on the walls. I want to cover 60-70% of my room with posters and art.

alcyone 13-01-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Mine arrived today....

Have you tried it? Great. :)

Honza 06-02-2016 10:57 AM

Another set of chess pieces! Bright colourful ones. (Ivory and Red lacquer)

Astro 07-02-2016 10:13 PM

I hope that's not real ivory Honza!:icon_frown:

Still, a chess board sounds nice, I wouldn't mind a nice backgammon set myself.

I'm not on the look out for much of interest at the moment. I did though buy a new dictionary from a charity shop for 50p, which was like new, what a saving!:smile:

Honza 08-02-2016 01:27 PM

No, Ivory lacquer.

Astro 08-02-2016 04:54 PM

Good to hear!:icon_thumleft:

Honza 12-02-2016 10:27 AM

I've got the tracking number for that chess set which was sent to me from America. British Customs have been sat on my parcel for 5 days now and they still haven't cleared it. A real killjoy. I'm getting annoyed about it now.

Mona Monina 12-02-2016 07:36 PM

No I do not have money to afford it. Only thing I buy is bread and some vegetables.

Honza 28-02-2016 10:04 AM

The chess set arrived eventually but because they did not pack it correctly it was damaged. Since then I've received two replacement pieces and it is okay now.

No shopping for me for a while - back to saving.

Burntfruit 28-02-2016 04:16 PM

I mostly buy just food.

Somnia 20-03-2016 03:09 PM

Can this thread be for disgruntled shoppers? :)

I really need to go food shopping but I'd much rather go back to bed...I am so freakin' cold right now all I want to do is go back to bed and hibernate for a while...

Ughhh...off to town I go ;P

Mused 21-03-2016 09:26 PM

I just bought some ripped jeans and a white leather vest ... I also realize I am addicted to sneakers and can never find the perfect pair ... I desperately need some good running shoes with a real cool design. Nike is so tempting but I think they look pretty ugly :((

Silver 21-03-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mused
I just bought some ripped jeans and a white leather vest ... I also realize I am addicted to sneakers and can never find the perfect pair ... I desperately need some good running shoes with a real cool design. Nike is so tempting but I think they look pretty ugly :((

Saucony is a nice athletic brand to shop for.

Clover 22-03-2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

I am the same way, I am not a shoe person, but I do take forever to buy the perfect sneaker. As far as design, Nike has fallen off the past couple of years. Their designs are looking chunky or they have bright distracting colors.Right now it's the fabric design thats in. Adidas Supernova's are flattering. I know Mizuno makes a really fantastic running worthy shoe, and personally I think they look sharp on runners. They are expensive :( Definitely on my X-mass wish list. :cool:

wolfgaze 22-03-2016 01:41 AM

Quote:

Velcro Orthopedics

:icon_mrgreen:

Mused 22-03-2016 03:04 PM

@clover yes chunky is the right word :p I think what makes Nike so popular these days is the culture. Went into the Nike store the other day and OMG the colors made me feel like in a candy shop :p ... @wolfgaze hahaha what about my fashion guru image?? ... Saucony and mizuno hmmm quite nice!!!

tanya1979 22-03-2016 07:23 PM

I did enough shopping to last me a lifetime, lol.
Grocery shopping a few days ago. Picker up the rest of my Easter stuff on Saturday afternoon.

Yes, I still need to go out today for a few more groceries and a new mop and more cleaning cloths and dish rags.

Interesting, eh?

Faith33 22-03-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I mostly buy just food.

Same here. I don't have the luxury of going shopping just for fun and don't crave it either.

Honza 29-03-2016 07:17 AM

A bottle of Sloe Gin from Amazon. I've always been curious about this liqueur and apart from some homemade stuff I tried many years ago I've never had any.

Honza 26-07-2016 06:52 PM

Going to get some printing done of some drawing I did......it is a map for a game.

Sarian 27-07-2016 12:17 AM

Mostly food or laundry detergent. How exciting. I've got some books on occasion. Oh, I bought a 3' (or more) stuffed giraffe for my new grandson to be and other baby shower gifts. (his mom adores giraffes, so maybe it's more for her lol)

Honza 27-07-2016 04:15 AM

Wow a 3ft giraffe!

Clover 27-07-2016 11:35 AM

I am expecting a large Crystal Quartz in the mail today, I can't wait!

Browsing through amazon this morning. I am thinking of buying some Soul Journal Coloring books by Deborah Koff-Chapman.This artist specifically likes to do a touch/finger paint technique. Pretty groovey 4 stars!

Honza 05-08-2016 09:34 AM

Got two parcels in "Customs clearance delay"......they are not for me. They are to be presents for a friend. He could have had his prezzies this morning, but now he'll have to wait. Sigh.

Clover 06-08-2016 06:57 PM

That exciting feeling you get when your anticipated brown box is delivered at your front door. When I get a fresh new Amazon box, I feel like singing like THIS

Got some new fresh cards..

Honza 11-08-2016 02:58 PM

One of those parcels that I was waiting for (which was a chess set for my neighbour) has been sent back to the shipper and the Customs and Excise are looking into it! Apparently the Indian company which sold me the chess pieces put a very low value on the package to avoid customs charges and now Customs want to see a proper invoice!

Me and my neighbour are sort of bemused that this happened to his order....lol. Typical.