Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are you going shopping? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95692)

Ciona 05-09-2020 01:09 AM

I wish I could get my Christmas shopping started, usually I do it year round because I hate the rush, but this year I've just had too much going on. :) I will start it in a couple of weeks.

I just bought a beautiful antique chintz plate and about $200 worth of dietary supplements.

BigJohn 06-09-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciona
I wish I could get my Christmas shopping started, usually I do it year round because I hate the rush, but this year I've just had too much going on. :) I will start it in a couple of weeks.

I just bought a beautiful antique chintz plate and about $200 worth of dietary supplements.

Christmas may have its share of shortages of items to sell in the stores this year. It might avail yourself to shop early......

dream jo 06-09-2020 10:37 PM

im getn it in now xmass stuff epsly for kidss adultsss will get borin stuff buttt not kidss i wnt thm to hav stuff we did not get
i wontt hm to hav ber lif thn we did

Burntfruit 15-09-2020 02:47 AM

I bought some vindaloo sauce

Honza 15-09-2020 11:07 PM

Made an order for a waste removal co. to come and collect about 70kg of soil/rubble that we can't get rid of.

JosephineB 16-09-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Made an order for a waste removal co. to come and collect about 70kg of soil/rubble that we can't get rid of.

Hi Honza, sometimes people will collect if they're doing building work. I've seen it advertised on Freecycle. I suppose it'd depend on the amount and make up of it. I've also put so much in the normal bin each week, got rid of it bit by bit. Did you get all that building work done in the end, did it turn out well?

Honza 16-09-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineB
Hi Honza, sometimes people will collect if they're doing building work. I've seen it advertised on Freecycle. I suppose it'd depend on the amount and make up of it. I've also put so much in the normal bin each week, got rid of it bit by bit. Did you get all that building work done in the end, did it turn out well?

Hi JB,

The building work never got done. Due to Covid and other complications. They are due to start mid Oct. but now there is a second wave building up....

JosephineB 16-09-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Hi JB,

The building work never got done. Due to Covid and other complications. They are due to start mid Oct. but now there is a second wave building up....

That's a shame. I was just speaking with a roofer guy I know this morning. He's not stopping work. He works for himself though, maybe it's different with the bigger companies.

Honza 19-09-2020 02:39 PM

A new dustpan and brush.

Hologram8 19-09-2020 05:06 PM

I only had what I could fit in one bag to carry - so I couldn't get anything else

then I got some stuff and a car to put it in - so now I can only get what will fit in the car --

it's already full - so if I buy anything it's something small like oracle cards - so now I want a big oracle and tarot crd collection - but I don't have the space to buy anymore

I just bought a small jade gemstone and a crystal

everything I buy is compact - I have to buy the travel size of everything

like this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMg-ewyNhiI

I just had to buy a speaker for the computer so I can play white noise to drown out the neighbors noise - so I got that in a compact travel size

I need a van instead of a car - I would like to have a 4X4 van that is 4 cylinder - it would be even better if it had a high top

I had to travel when I moved and my car was full and there was no room to sleep - it was very uncomfortable

I didn't want to go to a motel because the last time I did - I caught some kind of disease when I went into the filthy room and then they started cleaning out my bank account because they took the numbers off of the back of my debit card - so I had to replace my card - which would be inconvenient if not impossible to do while traveling

If I had the skills and equipment of an ultralight thru hiker - I would be really mobile -- but I don't want to live like that - I want to homestead and settle down permanently in one spot for the rest of my life