Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Where is Heaven? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132942)

sky 10-12-2019 07:08 PM

Where is Heaven?

It is said that after the second coming of Christ the dead will be Resurrected.

' In a resurrection, the human remains a human. Indeed, they remain the same human they were before. The Judeo-Christian notion of resurrection is a transformation of the body into an immortal form of the same body. There is a direct relationship between the physical body that dies and the body that physically rises to immortality. The body that dies is the exact body that is raised. It is made new in the sense that it is perfected and no longer subject to frailty and death, but it is still the same body. It is restoring life to the same physical being that has died. '

So if the ' exact body ' rises to immortality Heaven has to be established here on the New Earth.

It was something that popped into my head earlier on today as I was taught differently.

Jesus said ' The Kingdom of God is within and without ' now it makes more sense .

BigJohn 10-12-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
It is said that after the second coming of Christ the dead will be Resurrected.

' In a resurrection, the human remains a human. Indeed, they remain the same human they were before. The Judeo-Christian notion of resurrection is a transformation of the body into an immortal form of the same body. There is a direct relationship between the physical body that dies and the body that physically rises to immortality. The body that dies is the exact body that is raised. It is made new in the sense that it is perfected and no longer subject to frailty and death, but it is still the same body. It is restoring life to the same physical being that has died. '

So if the ' exact body ' rises to immortality Heaven has to be established here on the New Earth.

It was something that popped into my head earlier on today as I was taught differently.

Jesus said ' The Kingdom of God is within and without ' now it makes more sense .

There appears to be no Heaven.

If you examine Genesis 1:1 some translations translate that expression as Heaven and other translations translate it as Heavens. If you examine the word in Hebrew, it appears the correct translation is Heavens.

Next is: How many Heavens. Tradition has always been 7 Heavens.

Where is the first Heaven? Genesis chapter 1 claims it is between the two firmaments (water barriers). Virtually all of us have been to that heaven.

jojo50 10-12-2019 08:06 PM

Heaven is where it's always been, and it will continue to be there. Jesus taught his followers to pray for the Kingdom to be ON Earth, as IT IS in Heaven, (Matt. 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven). Heaven itself belongs to Jehovah God, He created Earth for mankind ,(Psa. 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men). Those resurrected into Heaven will have immortality ,but NOT yet those who will remain on Earth. Because there is NO “second death” for those going to Heaven. They have already passed their test.

see, (Rev. 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished, This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years).

those on Earth ,and those resurrected to Earth, be the same as before, for a short time. Then they will slowly be made into perfect beings, just as the first couple. Satan will be locked away, But they will be re-tested after a thousand years, when satan is let loose ,(Rev. 20:1-3 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while).

Which shows that they will NOT yet receive immortality. Since they will still be able to die. Those who survive after the final test, then, will ALL who survived, will become immortal. also ,when Jesus said the kingdom was within, he didn't mean it's in your heart. As in the kingdom being a feeling or a part of someone. we know in our “Hearts”, in the sense of knowing that the Kingdom of God is very real. And we're awaiting it. yet here, Jesus was referring to something else. Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees ,supposedly men of God, but actual enemies of himself. At (Luke 17:20,21), Jesus was telling them, they wouldn't know about the coming kingdom just by watching. Concerning the Kingdom Jesus was referring to, It wasn't in those men hearts.

Jesus even told them that they won't see the kingdom ,(Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men. for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in). Referring to an actual Kingdom, NOT something in “ones Heart.” In bibles like , NIV ,CEB ,CVC ,and MANY others says “in the MIST of”... or “around you”. Which is an more accurate term. so he meant HE, being appointed king by his Father of this future kingdom ,(Dan.2:44 and Luke 22:29,30). he was right there in front of them speaking on this. As well as performing miracles, showing what the kingdom will fulfill. peace

zastrakoza 11-12-2019 03:14 AM

Can you please provide a reference for The Kingdom of God is within and without?

sky 11-12-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Can you please provide a reference for The Kingdom of God is within and without?

Gospel of Thomas...

There are various Translations, some use,
In your midst.
All around you.
Here with you.
Within some of you.

BigJohn 11-12-2019 02:02 PM

Gospel of Thomas is not part of the canon.

ThatMan 11-12-2019 02:29 PM

We have Luke 17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. ( this is the KJ version )

I know, I know there are other translations to this verse, where some use "among you" or "in your midst", I use Strong's Concordance and to me this seems the right translation.

In Luke 17:20, Christ says that the Kingdom of God does not come in an observable way, so it's something that it is related with the Spirit, rather then with the material, because we have the Lord's prayer and there it says "Your Kingdom come", but if Christ was referring to the end of time, then it's clear the all eyes are going to see it, yet Christ says that does not come in an observable way...... Some say that Christ was the Kingdom of God in His own person and He was talking about Himself, this is why some use "in your midst or among you" but even Christ Himself said "Your Kingdom Come...". ( Matthew 6:10 ) to teach us how to pray to the Father. So all of this being said, I believe the Kingdom of God is within each one of us and Christ showed us THE WAY to our true Home.

Christ, while on Earth, was the very manifestation of the Kingdom of Heaven, this is my view, but in Luke 17:21, He was referring to all of us, that it's within us.

ThatMan 11-12-2019 02:38 PM

Duplicate, please delete.

Morpheus 11-12-2019 03:09 PM

One can look at this from the standpoint of what physicists have been saying, also, since Einstein.

Time is illusory. Space is related with time.
The material world resides in space/time.

What then is the greater reality and truth, existant?

anthony c 11-12-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
One can look at this from the standpoint of what physicists have been saying, also, since Einstein.

Time is illusory. Space is related with time.
The material world resides in space/time.

What then is the greater reality and truth, existant?

I think your signature says were heaven is and we are in it. It's the eternal now.
That now is infinite as Jesus also said that there is a lot of rooms in my fathers mansion. :biggrin: Lot of dimensions, realities...