Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   communication with birds (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51486)

tabane27 14-05-2013 03:48 PM

communication with birds

I started noticing birds this week, they seem to be connected to me...I was walking home the other day and this black crow landed next to me, it sat the staring at me as a walked past it. Im sure it was staring into my eyes.

The following day i was on my way home again and this little bird and young one landed in front of me, i could see it looking up at me and its head turned to watch me walk by. Felt strange at the time, i thought i funny the way it stared at me and noticed me like that, it was like a person stood there watching me walk by staring into my eyes.

Today i went out for few hours and i was tuned in with the earth energy and nature, it looked very much more real than usual. I was watching birds all around me and how they were reacting. Never payed attention to birds before as never felt some sort of connection.

Walking home i was humming away in my head, to the side of me i could here this bird singing the same tune, thought it was odd so i played with it.
I changed the tune each time and it replied, i then started to whistle it out load and each bird around me repeated it. This continued all the way home.

At home sat up stairs with the window open, i was humming away to myself when i heard this load bird next to the window whistling my tune away, i played once again in my head and out load as it followed.

beansi 14-05-2013 10:59 PM

Hi Tabane, :smile:
and what happened next?........lol
That sounded like so much fun making music with the birds Over the coming days,see what bird seems to be around the most, probably be the crow as it was the first. I have meetings with ravens,crows & blackbirds, now after a year seems to be any kind of bird

Tobi 15-05-2013 01:10 AM

It's nice to have a connection suddenly happen with another species.

By the way....anyone heard the blackbird at dawn? I was listening intently to one the other morning. It is really saying something! This isn't just beautiful birdsong, it's communication....language. I listened to all the phrases. No two were the same, but now and again there'd be a "signature" sound, then back to conversational tone. Very interesting to listen to.

Dante1709 25-03-2014 01:08 AM

I find birds to be pretty receptive to me. I photograph them and countless times, they've allowed me to get close. During the colder months I usually handfeed wild birds and they'll all line up to eat from my hands.

I also volunteer with wild animals biweekly, and they amaze me. Seagulls will enter their cages on their own, once I'm done cleaning. Owls will stare deep into my eyes and watch my every move. Yesterday I even had a bluejay peck on my head, play with my laces and perch on my shoulder.

Nameless 25-03-2014 01:15 AM

My daughter has a pet hummingbird. When she takes a walk by the river we live by, she will sit on a bench and wait and he always shows up. Last week he brought his girlfriend for her to admire, but they couldn't stay long ... busy building the nest, you know. I had no idea that hummingbirds sang - it's such a sweet sound.

When my aunt passed, I would sit in my mom's backyard and they used to feed bluebirds peanuts in the shell (unsalted of course). Well, they got very tame, but then the neighborhood cats caught on, and they had to stop feeding them, and they didn't come around anymore. I was sitting there thinking about her, when a bluebird came and sat with me. It seemed to look at me with much compassion and I knew it was her, just sending me some love. I haven't looked at birds the same way since. I am not saying it was her, I think what the other side can do is use the birds vision to connect with us somehow, to see what we are up to and to send us their love.

My advice - pay attention to the birds that come for a visit and see if you feel anything about it. It may be grandpa saying Hi.

Or it may be just a happy hummingbird who is happy to be with happy vibes :)

pdizzle45 25-03-2014 01:23 AM

There is a wooded area behind my house. Lots of birds hang out there because of all the bird feeders in the neighborhood. I'll sit out on the deck and just watch and listen to how beautiful they are. Sometimes it seems like their chirps and singing is way more then it seems. For example, a bunch of birds will be chirping back and fourth loudly and fluently until a few other birds fly in. Their chirps become quiet and way less frequent..almost like they are communicating with each other about the birds that just flew in. It is pretty cool!

Tanemon 25-03-2014 02:00 AM

This is a very interesting topic to me - thanks for starting it. Some years ago, I broke my leg while in a steep area of the forest, and (while mending) I decided to take a course and an "attunement" in "Reiki". You probably know, it's a spiritual path and a method for developing one's healing abilities. I thought I was doing this for my leg, but it resulted in several other benefits: The attunement itself immediately and unexpectedly acted to clear away many of those emotional traces that had remained since childhood and adolescence - emotional stuff that I had never been able to completely shake off.

In reaction to emotional pain, I had put up walls. But after my attunement, both the pain/fear and the walls I had made just dissolved - quite a bit so. My overall mood improved. My sense of intimacy with nature (birds, dogs, horses, and others) markedly increased. Song birds began to perch on my head when I meditated outdoors - which I've enjoyed.

Generally I used to meditate for the purpose of quieting my mind, but I now start from a pretty quiet inner state. I think this is connected to the interest birds and other creatures have taken in me.

StrandedSnowMonkey 24-05-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
It's nice to have a connection suddenly happen with another species.

By the way....anyone heard the blackbird at dawn? I was listening intently to one the other morning. It is really saying something! This isn't just beautiful birdsong, it's communication....language. I listened to all the phrases. No two were the same, but now and again there'd be a "signature" sound, then back to conversational tone. Very interesting to listen to.

I love listening to the birds at dawn. There's a blackbird here who toots away during the day, and at dusk. Most of the trees are in gardens nearby, so there's one tree where I can watch them. Because of the cats, birds don't usually get too close, and then I started thinking that the cat who visits might be really hungry, and when I put some food out by the window, a magpie came down and landed on the wall a few feet away. They both looked at each other, and then carried on :)

A few days ago, I was a little surprised to hear magpies before dawn. Usually they make an appearance a little later...

It would be nice to try some visual techniques for communicating! :)

Lisylou1 18-07-2014 04:54 PM

I used to feed the birds in my back garden in the uk however I've recently moved to the UAE with no furniture and the very first thing I did was put up bird feeders much to my husbands annoyance as he felt buying bird feeders wasn't very important haha!! We've been getting a lot of minah birds, sparrows and Kingston parakeets. However, I noticed that the numbers of these had gone down and I just figured it was hot weather. Then I noticed crows hanging around in my garden and realised they had built a nest. Since then it's been fabulous watching these amazing parents raise their one chick so well. They've been teaching it to dunk food into the water bowl plus they've been storing the food in the water I guess like a fridge! My husband is out in the garden regularly taking photos of the different birds now!! It's been magical and I've felt so privileged to have them here

jacobwhite08 16-08-2014 04:55 AM

Birds are good in communicating and their sense are pretty amazing!