Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   R u ''suffering'' at this moment as Buddha spoke about? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144894)

Miss Hepburn 22-09-2022 03:43 PM

R u ''suffering'' at this moment as Buddha spoke about?

I mean there are so many ways of 'suffering'..heartbreak over a lost love -
distraught over finances, family issues, housing issues, jealousy making you miserable, desires unfulfilled?

What do YOU do to get out of the 'suffering'?
Do you even notice it, so just stay in it?
Is 'not suffering' a priority to you?
Iow, is being happily content your first priority, even?
Ah, or do you believe it is impossible to get out of your situation bringing you 'suffering'.

Thanks,
Pick a question. :)

CosmicWonder 22-09-2022 03:50 PM

Yes I suffer from time to time. I did so today. If I didn’t I wouldn’t make progress. I always chose to fix my problems and accept them. Is it suffering if you have the space to be with it instead of against it? I feel it but it hasn’t been too much in a while. Only in moments I overflow. But I haven’t cried for long, and every fear I had this year I simply got over. Only my persistent fears stay, and those I live with and try to overcome.

I am physically sick currently. If that’s suffering then that still is there. But I have the mental space to be sick sometimes. Even tho I blame myself for it (that I have space for as well).

Much kindness,

CW

hazada guess 22-09-2022 03:54 PM

I suffer from anxiety?depression.Whenever things get too tough, I run:biggrin:
I know that is the wrong way to be and problems wont go away by themselves,but that is me,Lol,always geting into trouble from my own making and always running.:laughing3:

asearcher 22-09-2022 04:09 PM

If depression how it works is that it comes slowly before the one having it realize just how bad it is and can not often be pin point to one single event causing or triggering it. Stress in some form is behind it. Then it is a question about if you also got a vulnerability to get it and it can be a spectrum of that as well, naturally. I'm highly sensitive and so I take in more, my brain was made that way, it is not a choice, has it pro and cons, a con is a enhanced risk of catching depression or anxiety along the journey of life.
I think having a positive outlook, having trust in people, the right people I might add, you don't want people in your life you can't trust, having a good life and believing in the good afterlife and I am sure other factors too that I have missed contribute the mind set to be positive and not go there in the first place. To be let down by those closest to you, your safety system can shake our view on ourselves, and the world, other people.

We can and should do what it takes to feel good, to help ourselves.
Self love and self care is not about being selfish but loving and caring about one self as well/too, not just others. I think I read of a similar quote by someone somewhere but forgot where and who, so anyhow, I can't take credit for this.

FoxTracks 22-09-2022 04:13 PM

I suffer from time to time. I get anxious about anything that is available to be anxious about, even when there is no reason to worry about it. It is so real to me it feels almost physical.

To get out of the suffering, I take a step back and breathe for a few moments, and then mentally remind myself there is nothing to be worried about. I know that my worries are really about something else than what I am worried about, so I remind myself of that too. If I am unable to break free from my suffering this way, I often ground and do some energetic clearing of my body. I remember that I have many spirit friends and Allie’s and all of them are there for me! I usually get back to believing it’s a wonderful world and wonderful life soon after! I also try to “let go” of any negative thoughts that come to me, allowing them to slip through my mind and into the nether realms.

Love and light your way,

FoxTracks

lemex 22-09-2022 05:13 PM

Very hard question for me. I don't know if I can ever not not suffer, but this is my question. I think there is an awareness to it.

Aren't we suppose to know what suffering is should it exist. Is suffering ever valid when it is manifested.

I'm talking about knowledge, not suffering. Does knowledge apply.

For instance I suffer when I see others suffering. Should we not?

Quote:

Is 'not suffering' a priority to you?
We experience suffering to know not to cause it. I've always thought it should be a priority and not to do it. Really caught my attention.

vortex 22-09-2022 06:02 PM

yes i go in to poor me at times but in a short time i will change my view on the situation to give me power to accept or change it

JustASimpleGuy 22-09-2022 06:13 PM

Speaking of suffering and the Buddha brings to mind the Second Arrow parable https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

‘In life, we can’t always control the first arrow. However, the second arrow is our reaction to the first. This second arrow is optional.’

traceyacey12 22-09-2022 07:24 PM

Not suffering was definitely a priority for me. It's what I think sent me to a spiritual awakening

Native spirit 22-09-2022 07:31 PM

As humans yes we do suffer from time to time. It may not be anything major.
But we have feelings.
We are not Robots.

Namaste