Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   🤓HISTORY OF SPIRITUALISM🤓 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140866)

BigJohn 15-07-2021 05:25 AM

🤓HISTORY OF SPIRITUALISM🤓
 
Some people think of Modern Day Spiritualism from the events that unfolded on March 31, 1848 but was that 'all' of the story.

What made that event so special?

Lets have this as an open discussion as we try to unravel what happened and the repercussions.

Native spirit 16-07-2021 10:26 AM

Spiritulism has been around since time immemorial it has always been here but the people who practised it were called witches and were burned at the stake for it.
You only have to look at the Native culture to see that it was used but everything comes from Mother Earth and the Creator,it was only in later years that others caught on and tried to make it their own
that the changes came in


Namaste

Still_Waters 16-07-2021 03:07 PM

QUOTE 2 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
Spiritulism has been around since time immemorial it has always been here but the people who practised it were called witches and were burned at the stake for it.


Communication with spirits is even in the Jewish Bible as in the "WITCH of Endora" story where the spirit of the prophet Samuel was invoked for King Saul. Witches were burned at the stake in the past, as Native Spirit duly noted, so they had to be very very cautious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_of_Endor

BigJohn 16-07-2021 05:04 PM

In that account with the "Witch of Endora", Saul could also communicate with Spirit so there was no real reason for him to go and see the Witch. Saul could have easily used the Urim and Thummim.

BigJohn 16-07-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
EXCERPT Spiritulism has been around since time immemorial it has always been here but the people who practised it were called witches and were burned at the stake for it.

As far as I am concerned, Spiritualism is part of a greater belief system which in the eyes of many, is Animism.
I look at Animism as being 'Spirit in everything'.

Still_Waters 17-07-2021 04:13 PM

QUOTE 4 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
In that account with the "Witch of Endora", Saul could also communicate with Spirit so there was no real reason for him to go and see the Witch.

While you are probably correct that Saul could also have communicated with Spirit directly, the story indicates that he did indeed elect to see the Witch for some reason that we probably will never discover at this point in time.

BigJohn 18-07-2021 02:18 PM

From the NIV, 1 Samuel 28:3b claims "Saul had expelled the mediums and spiritists from the land." clearly implies that Mediums did reside in the land. Being Saul was at war, verse 6 shows he had exhausted all options he had except seeking out a Medium "He inquired of the Lord, but the Lord did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets." And in the next verse, he did seek out the medium.

BigJohn 18-07-2021 02:20 PM

For there to be Mediums in the land, the Bible makes it clear there was interest in communicating with the dead.

Still_Waters 19-07-2021 03:17 PM

QUOTE 7 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
. Being Saul was at war, verse 6 shows he had exhausted all options he had except seeking out a Medium "He inquired of the Lord, but the Lord did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets." And in the next verse, he did seek out the medium.


Your rendition of the Biblical story is indeed accurate and your conclusion is quite reasonable based on what has been written.

Still_Waters 19-07-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
For there to be Mediums in the land, the Bible makes it clear there was interest in communicating with the dead.


Absolutely ! :thumbsup:

However, as mentioned previously, mediums in those times (as well as in other time periods) had to be very very careful lest they be identified as "witches" with catastrophic consequences.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums