Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   😌 HINDU MANTRAS 😌 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137382)

BigJohn 27-09-2020 02:29 AM

😌 HINDU MANTRAS 😌

This thread is devoted to the discussion of
the various mantras devoted to Hinduism.

Feel free to discuss.

BigJohn 27-09-2020 02:40 AM

😌 Shiva Panchakshari (five syllables) Mantra

Shiva Panchakshari (five syllables) Mantra

ॐ नमः शिवाय

TRANSLITERATION:* "Om Namah Shivaya"

TRANSLATION: I bow down to Shiva. Shiva is the supreme reality and the inner Self. The name is given to the consciousness that dwells in all of us.

PURPOSE OF MANTRA: Wealth, money, prosperity, health

* A Transliteration is how the word is pronounced phonetically using English letters.

peteyzen 28-09-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn

ॐ नमः शिवाय

TRANSLATION: I bow down to Shiva. Shiva is the supreme reality and the inner Self. The name is given to the consciousness that dwells in all of us.

[/i]

I love the Aum Namo Shivaya mantra, a very powerful mantra that affects all aspects of the speakers life. I would point out, with respect, (and this is just my opinion) that the purpose of the mantra is not wealth, money, or prosperity. The purpose of that mantra is to connect to the divine and through saying it with intent, to raise your consciousness. Once the power of the divine is invoked, if Shiva deems it necessary to help you financially, in order for you to be able to practice and develop more easily, then he will, but he might decide that you have too many distractions, and take some things away. One of Krishna`s names is Hare, this translates to `he who takes away.` Money, prosperity and financial gain are human requirements, the Mantra`s purpose is to take you beyond being human and back to being divine.

Aditi 08-11-2020 07:15 AM

"I have surrendered my soul at the fearless feet of the Mother
I am afraid of Death no more, for unto the hair on the back of my head
is tied the almighty mantra; the name of Mother Kali..." -Ramakrishna

I feel this, so much. There couldn't be a more powerful mantra than the name or names of your beloved ishta devata.

Meerkat 26-11-2020 03:05 PM

I just use "aum". I've tried longer mantras but prefer something simple. Mandukya Upanishad

Aditi 22-02-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditi
"I have surrendered my soul at the fearless feet of the Mother
I am afraid of Death no more, for unto the hair on the back of my head
is tied the almighty mantra; the name of Mother Kali..." -Ramakrishna

I feel this, so much. There couldn't be a more powerful mantra than the name or names of your beloved ishta devata.

I found the rest of that poem, it's not Ramakrishna, it's Ramprasad. This is what I get for finding quotes on the internet :tongue:

How do you guys feel about people using mantras to get favours? I only use them for bhakti and as a way to keep my mind under control. If I want something, I ask for it in English, but more and more, I feel like wanting anything other than divine intimacy is a bit pointless.

HITESH SHAH 23-02-2021 06:10 PM

asking from God

Quote:

How do you guys feel about people using mantras to get favours? I only use them for bhakti and as a way to keep my mind under control. If I want something, I ask for it in English, but more and more, I feel like wanting anything other than divine intimacy is a bit pointless.

IF it's about asking from God , it's not bad so far as it stems from genuine faith and so far as it's not just one another way to get things done. Relying only on God without in anyway disobeying Him in any way is certainly not bad.

But keep asking God every now and then turns into routine commerce/business / give and take mercenary affair . This again is not bad but it is not great/sublime either . Because the God's primary dealings are out of love without any material considerations and He loves His child also appreciate His ways of living and adopts it joyfully.

God being in-dwelling companion is privy to our thoughts . So even if we dont formally ask anything from God , God knows/reads /understands us (and our communications/vibrations ) and then determines our actual nature of dealing with Him.

ajay00 26-02-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

How do you guys feel about people using mantras to get favours?

I don't think there is nothing wrong as long as it is virtuous and no harm is done in the process.

For example, students chant mantra to goddess Saraswati for better learning, and businessmen chant mantra to the god Vinayaka to remove obstacles. The Mrityunjaya mantra helps in healing. If it helps, I don't see any issues .

Quote:

I only use them for bhakti and as a way to keep my mind under control. If I want something, I ask for it in English, but more and more, I feel like wanting anything other than divine intimacy is a bit pointless.

This is a higher stage really. Desire for the divine ensures that all other desires are satisfied in its proper course.

In fact divine intimacy brings greater joy and bliss than any other material desire fulfilled.

Material desires satisfied only nurtures more desires, while desire for the Divine brings to an end all other desires for transitory pleasures.

ajay00 19-03-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn

ॐ नमः शिवाय

* A Transliteration is how the word is pronounced phonetically using English letters.

'Om Namah Shivaya' is considered the most powerful mantra in Hinduism.

It was the favourite mantra of the Avatar Rama.

It is considered to remove negative energy and infuse positive energies in the one who chants.

An elderly friend of mine told me that as a child he used to suffer from persistent nightmares. Upon discussing this with his grandmother, she advised him to chant the 'Om Namah Shivaya' mantra before sleeping.

Upon commencing this practice then till now, he stated that he had never suffered from nightmares after that.

It is possible that it is all sorts of inauspicious and negative energies that results in us having nightmares or negative incidents. Chanting this mantra possibly helps to get rid off much of these inauspicious energies and bring forth auspiciousness and positivity.

https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/cu...-shivay-mantra

iamakhilsharma694 27-03-2021 03:42 PM

Om namah shivay

Om namah bhagwate shri vasudevaya namah