Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Health benefits of Honey (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146762)

JazzDisorder58 29-05-2023 04:44 AM

Health benefits of Honey

Hello.

Does anybody know what the health benefits of honey are?
I've been adding it to a cup of green tea, once daily for its antibacterial properties, but was wondering if there are any other health benfits for my physical or mental well being.

I struggle with my mental health, having to take an antipsychotic and a antidepressennt each day..I become foggy, become forgetful and have a memory that is impacted because of the stress. I end up yelling when i'm isolated, usually because I feel overwhelmed from the stress and anxiety.

I started to walk and do some light weight lifting and have seen a positive improvment along with a diet that provides adequate vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

aiken 19-08-2023 04:19 AM

Hi Jazz,
I believe Daily consumption of honey has a beneficial effect on the level of antioxidant compounds in the body that can fight excess cholesterol. Research shows that the antioxidants contained in honey can prevent arteries from narrowing. i suggest you to have a spoon full of honey regular!

Podshell 19-08-2023 08:38 AM

I suppose the benefits would vary depending on which main plants it comes from,not all from flowers apparently (see wiki entry for pine honey)and there is a warning via ayuraveda that you nee to let hot drinks cool a little before adding it as too high a temperature can create toxins.

Gem 19-08-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzDisorder58
I started to walk and do some light weight lifting and have seen a positive improvment along with a diet that provides adequate vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

Top effort, Jazz! Keep training.

BigJohn 19-08-2023 03:09 PM

For me, Honey seems to help my immune system: especially allergies.

Dude111 23-08-2023 08:13 PM

Yes thank you Johnny,Honey is said to be very good for many things......

JazzDisorder58 09-10-2023 08:22 AM

thanks for this info....they sell local somewhere near here

Native spirit 09-10-2023 08:30 AM

There is someone in my village that sells Honey from his own Bees as soon as it is Advertised it sells out, I don't like it it is way too sweet for

Namaste

Sir Neil 20-12-2023 04:01 PM

Honey is a natural antiseptic, so it can help to fight off or ward away colds. I also read today (on a honey jar’s label) that it helps to reduce inflammation of the brain, allowing for better moods and better blood flow to the head.

Sir Neil 20-12-2023 04:01 PM

Honey is a natural antiseptic, so it can help to fight off or ward away colds. I also read today (on a honey jar’s label) that it helps to reduce inflammation of the brain, allowing for better moods and better blood flow to the head.