Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Islam Faith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Considering converting to Islam... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98107)

002 Cents 30-06-2016 08:17 PM

Thank you Semper.

Sugar-n-Spice 03-07-2016 01:24 PM

:smile: so this is being a beautiful thread to watch in and of itself. It exemplifies the stages one goes through when embracing a faith. 002 Cents you will see your faith is being challenged and you have not even reverted yet. This is your path, your decisions to make :hug3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 002 Cents
The argument I am formulating in my mind in favor of following this path is as follows: the relationships we invest ourselves in should be cultivated to bring out the best in ourselves. In light of that realization, when I consider my relationship with God, dedicating myself through Islamic tradition makes a lot of sense.

It cultivates: discipline, modesty, humility, compassion, generosity, self confidence, respect for ones self and others... these are the things that most attract me to Islam. The things I would like to cultivate within myself.

That said... while my ideas revolving around this matter are good enough for me. I don't think they are good enough for the Islamic community at large and I struggle with that.

I don't want to be a poor example. But I am not perfect. It seems like I would be lying to say I fully embrace this knowing I am a terrible example of how a person should be in Islam.

^^Some of the challenge came after this which I found interesting. Possibly it can be misconstrued as having doubt, but when I read this some weeks ago I thought...she is really on path :D

knightofalbion 03-07-2016 02:20 PM

Good luck with whatever you decide.
There are many branches (faiths) to a tree (God) .... If you find something that brings out the very best in you; makes you a better, kinder, more loving person, then that is the right path for you and you should follow it.
Wishing you well.

002 Cents 07-07-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar-n-Spice
:smile: so this is being a beautiful thread to watch in and of itself. It exemplifies the stages one goes through when embracing a faith. 002 Cents you will see your faith is being challenged and you have not even reverted yet. This is your path, your decisions to make :hug3:

^^Some of the challenge came after this which I found interesting. Possibly it can be misconstrued as having doubt, but when I read this some weeks ago I thought...she is really on path :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Good luck with whatever you decide.
There are many branches (faiths) to a tree (God) .... If you find something that brings out the very best in you; makes you a better, kinder, more loving person, then that is the right path for you and you should follow it.
Wishing you well.

Thank you for this guys. :redface:

The14Lights 12-07-2016 06:58 AM

Peace and blessings be with you. They say that Allah shines a light into ppls hearts sometimes. InshAllah your journey bares fruit for you. You seem like you know what you need to, but I just wanted to say to be sure to look into Shia Islam as well if you already havnt. Don't ask a Sunni Imam about Shias as when I did I was told many lies about the faith unfortunately. Eventually I did my own research and found the arguments between Shia and Sunni to be very much lopsided in favour of Shia Islam based off Sunni texts. This was one of the factors that showed me the truth of Shia Islam, any questions just let me know.

002 Cents 12-07-2016 07:39 AM

What are the best resources for researching it?

002 Cents 30-07-2016 07:53 AM

Loving my new underscarf! Although they sent me the wrong style and now I am going to have to learn how to wrap it a different way.

GateKeeper 04-08-2016 11:18 AM

mashaAllah congrats on reverting to Islam...
I do have been following your thread, seeing your journey into entering Islam

Very proud of you

Gem 04-08-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Loving my new underscarf! Although they sent me the wrong style and now I am going to have to learn how to wrap it a different way.

Lookin' good! It sets off those amazing eyes.

002 Cents 04-08-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateKeeper
mashaAllah congrats on reverting to Islam...
I do have been following your thread, seeing your journey into entering Islam

Very proud of you

Thank you and welcome to the forum. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
Lookin' good! It sets off those amazing eyes.

Thanks Gem