Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sub-thread: What is the Blockage in the Meridians (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142000)

LYACMT 11-11-2021 05:56 AM

Sub-thread: What is Meridian indeed?

As many people already knew, there are many energy channels within human body. Well, these channels are called by different Names in different discipline systems and in different countries.

Since ancient China on, like 2,500years back, we have been calling them Meridians and there are twelve regular meridians and eight extraordinary meridians. These are Main energy channels within human body. Besides, there are also countless and tiny channels throughout every part of the entire body which also connected with each other.

But what is a meridian indeed? Why could not these meridians be witnessed by scientific inspection equipment and by anatomy? Do they really exist?

Well, they answer is surprising, cause Meridians Do Not Exist.

Here when we normally say something Exist, the premise is that this Something is of matter nature, it is some kind of material that can be inspected in one way or another. Based on this understanding, the meridians do not exist, because meridians are not any kind of matter, they do not have any tube like blood tube, meridians are continuous Space within human body. These continuous spaces are tunnel-shaped by the inner structure of human body. The locations of these spaces go between skins and muscles, go between muscles, bones, organs, etc. The places where the size of space are larger than normal, they are called acupuncture points.
That is actually what meridian is, and that is why they can not be found by scientific devices and anatomy.

Given the above nature of meridians, I’m going to talk about the energy which moves within the meridians by next sub-thread.

Further discussion posts about this topic could be done better under the Main Thread as below:
Main thread
Basic Conceptions Under An Unique Meditative Technique Derives from Ancient China
(As I'm a newbie in SF, I can not attach any links here, so only mention the title of Main thread.)

*Deleted - personal contact info

iamthat 11-11-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYACMT
Based on this understanding, the meridians do not exist, because meridians are not any kind of matter, they do not have any tube like blood tube, meridians are continuous Space within human body. These continuous spaces are tunnel-shaped by the inner structure of human body. The locations of these spaces go between skins and muscles, go between muscles, bones, organs, etc. The places where the size of space are larger than normal, they are called acupuncture points.

Hi LYACMT

I have to disagree with the above idea that meridians are spaces within the dense physical body.

It makes more sense that meridians are energy channels within the etheric body, the energy body which surrounds the dense physical. So yes, the meridians are not any kind of dense physical matter, but they are composed of etheric matter.

In Yoga these energy channels are called nadis and where nadis intersect there is an energy centre, or chakra. The major chakras are found where major nadis intersect.

Acupuncture points are found on the various meridians connecting different parts of the body, which is why a needle inserted in one point on the body can affect a completely different part of the body.

The reason why meridians cannot be detected by scientific instruments is because most instruments are unable to detect etheric substance. No doubt this will change in the future and then scientific understanding of the human body will be very different.

Peace

LYACMT 12-11-2021 04:21 AM

Hi iamthat

Good to have your reply. I accept your disagreement, cause we may be in different discipline systems which may have different understanding or expressions of the same thing.

I understand what you said about Etheric. The "etheric body" you mentioned could be the whole/complete meridian system throughout the body, and the etheric matter could be the energy itself which we called life energy or Qi which stores and moves within the energy channel/nadis/meridians.

It is true that acupuncture points are found on various meridians, and each points has a comparatively larger size of space which is able to store and transfer of more life energy/etheric matter/Qi to support the body parts that they connects via energy channel/nadis/meridians .

Meridians do connect with each other, as I said they are tunnel-shaped continuous spaces and they are symmetrical, these are the base of acupuncture.

I also agree that what we are discussing about etheric, life energy, Qi, nadis, etc. are currently out of the reach of science, they are summaries of human experiences of facts.

liuyiacmt

LYACMT 12-11-2021 05:29 AM

Sub-thread: the Energy in the Meridians

In the former sub-thread: what is Meridian indeed, I explained that meridians are tunnel-shaped continuous space within human body which go between skins, muscles, bones, organs, etc. and all the meridians join together forming a complete system spreading throughout every part of the human body.

The thing in the meridians is life energy/force, we’ve been calling them Qi(Chi) in China since 2500years back, other discipline may call them etheric energy, that’s OK for one thing with two different names.

What does this life force/Qi do?
It is called life force because it is the fundamental energy source for all your body activities, including body movements, speaking, thinking, as well as the inner body activities that your mind cannot control, such as organ functioning, glandular secretion, self-healing, etc. The more Qi, the more powerful of the functioning of all your body activities including the self-healing ability. That's why some methodologies which is able to increase your Qi is able to heal your body over many diseases, especially the chronic diseases. Such methodologies are many, e.g. Taoist meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, Buddhist meditation,etc. The difference is sooner or later.

Where does this Qi come from?
The Qi will be produced by your own body after you eat and breath. The body will produce Qi everyday automatically for your daily consumption of all your body activities.*Please be noted that Qi is not nutrition, but something above stores and moves in the meridians. Meridians are channels of sending the Qi to every part of the body where it is needed. Only when the quantity of Qi produced everyday is more than that consumed, the total quantity of Qi in the body will increase. That is how you will get more Qi. The methodologies mentioned above will be of help in increasing the productivity of Qi.

Some may say that this energy so called Qi is actually etheric matter and it can only be obtained from the universe by deep meditation when the brain frequency matches with the frequency of the universal etheric world.

It is true that the Qi can be obtained from the surroundings or universe, as I said Qi and etheric matter are just two different names of one same thing, but it is Quite difficult in doing so which may take years after which time the success can not be guaranteed as well. Why not take the much easier way to obtain them by increase the productivcity of Qi by yourself in practising those mentioned methodologies. In addition, when you have sufficient Qi within your body, all the blockages of meridians will be cleared, the body will be more healthy, by that time, it will be much more easier to go deep when doing meditation and much more easier to connect the universe.

liuyiacmt

LYACMT 13-11-2021 12:18 PM

Sub-thread: What is the Blockage in the Meridians

Most people understand that blockages in the meridians will cause illnesses. But what actually the blockage is?

To answer this question, please firstly read my posts below in Meditation section of this forum to have some pre-understanding:

Sub-thread:What is Meridian indeed?
Sub-thread: the Energy in the Meridians.

Given the above basic understandings, here we came to know that the tunnel-shaped continuous spaces so called meridians are filled and full with Life Energy/Qi. In another words, the existence of meridian spaces are maintained because of the strong supporting forces given by the internal Qi within the meridians.

If there is no Qi, there will be not any inner supporting force to maintain the meridian spaces, so that the meridian spaces will be vanished by the squeezing forces given by the muscles, skins, organs, etc. cause it is explained that the meridian spaces go between skins, muscles, organs, etc. If there is no or not enough supporting forces given by Qi, there will be no or not enough any counter-forces to go against the squeezing forces given by the physical body, which in turn will make the skins and muscles to stick together, and the point where the meridian spaces vanished by the stickiness of the skins and muscles is what we called Meridian Blockage. The longer time they stick together, the harder and more painful to unstick them.

So if a person who has sufficient Qi, there will be not any blockage in his meridian system. If there is an inadequacy of Qi, meridian blockage shows up and further leads to illnesses at corresponding part of body, and most likely, those illnesses would be chronic type. So it is clear that the meridian blockages are the root causes, and to deal with those type of illnesses, the root method is to penetrate those blockages in meridians.

Next Sub-thread, I’m going to talk about how to penetrate meridian blockages.

welcome any discussions.

Sincerely

liuyiacmt

Guillaume 14-11-2021 08:43 AM

Hi LYACMT,

Thanks for your posts. It's quite funny, I've been practicing Zhan Zhuang for a month or two now, it's extremely powerful. I wanted to write about it on the forum, and there you came!

For my 2 cents of understanding of Qi and its connection with science, my first intuitive guess is that meditation acts on the polarity of water molecules.
If there is an electromagnetic current created, then the water molecules stop arranging each other in a chaotic way, they align more, and they flow more. And if water can flow more, it cleanses the body, clears the mind etc.

But I'm discovering the topic, I really don't know, I just feel it's along these lines.

Guillaume 14-11-2021 08:50 AM

One thing I've noticed recently also.
I could feel that my spine was breathing. I had that great sensation coming from it, I don't think I experienced it a lot in my life, but it seems to be one effect.

Any explanation you would have?

sky 14-11-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
One thing I've noticed recently also.
I could feel that my spine was breathing. I had that great sensation coming from it, I don't think I experienced it a lot in my life, but it seems to be one effect.

Wait until you feel every part of your body breathe :wink:

Guillaume 14-11-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Wait until you feel every part of your body breathe :wink:

I'll be flying then!

LYACMT 14-11-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
Hi LYACMT,
Thanks for your posts. It's quite funny, I've been practicing Zhan Zhuang for a month or two now, it's extremely powerful. I wanted to write about it on the forum, and there you came!
For my 2 cents of understanding of Qi and its connection with science, my first intuitive guess is that meditation acts on the polarity of water molecules.

Hi Guillaume, Nice to meet you:smile:

I practise Zhan Zhuang as well, cause as you said it is really powerful and helpful.

when we are trying to figure out the connection between Qi and science, I would say that it is really a great try cause we are all curious to the world, including scientists, some of them have been doing these research for many years, but still not any sound outcomes. As I said formerly to one of the other forum member that etheric, life energy, Qi, nadis, etc. are currently out of the reach of science, they are summaries of human experiences of facts. So currently I'm not able to give any scientific explanation of what is Qi exactly, but what I can tell is that Mind has a strong connection with Qi, Qi will go to the point where the mind goes within the body. This Fact could be sensed by the body when the Qi becomes sufficient and strong. Anyway, I believe no one could say that your guess is wrong, it could be right. You are doing a great try.:smile: