Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   🤓IS IT THAT EASY: BECOMING A MEDIUM🤓 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141791)

BigJohn 19-10-2021 04:23 AM

🤓IS IT THAT EASY: BECOMING A MEDIUM🤓

According to the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, a Medium is suppose to "Do prove the continuity of life by bringing evidential greetings from the Spirit World".

Sounds pretty simple.

That Association even defines what a Medium is: "A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism."

I suspect, almost everybody on SpiritualForums has felt and been around Spirits of one sort or another. But how many of us have come up with schemes to communicate with Spirits, especially with those who have died?

Back in 1848, a family in central New York moved into a house which many would say was haunted. That family was the Fox family. The 'hauntings' consisted of rappings which would keep people awake at night. The Mother and the younger children devised a way to communicate with that Spirit. It started with a clever scheme. Make one rap for "no" and two raps for "yes". Before you know it, they had expanded on that scheme to actually get the name of that Spirit. That type of communication with Spirit was performed by rapping Mediums. The Fox Mother and sisters opened the door ways for Modern Day Spiritualism to 'begin' which is typically anchored as happening on March 31, 1848!

It did not take long before others became rapping Mediums and expanded into other schemes to be used as a Medium. Have you communicated with Spirit via other schemes? Where you also able to communicate with Spirits that have died?

bobjob 19-10-2021 02:13 PM

Becoming a medium is as easy - or as difficult - as any particular individual experiences it.

That can range from finding they can't provide mediumship at all through to being what's often called a 'natural medium', someone who's never needed human support and may have always had contact with spirit individuals.

But mediumship isn't simply the ability to sense discarnate entities or even being able to communicate with them. Mediumship is communication of whatever kind with spirit individuals or entities for the benefit of others.

That might be simple evidential mediumship where information identifying a spirit before conveying a message from them to demonstrate the continued existence of that individual after their prior death.

It might also mean the conveyance of healing energy to someone needing healing help. Mediumship may be for teaching or philosophy but the key to all mediumship is that whatever service is provided it benefits someone other than the go-between, the medium herself.

A medium may benefit from any spirit contact but mediumship is to provide service to others.

BigJohn 19-10-2021 03:22 PM

When the Fox sisters were rapping Mediums back in 1848, what benefit did they provide for others? For the most part, they had come up with a scheme to be able to communicate with a Spirit that had been murdered in that house. They even came up with his full name.

As you examine the National Spiritualist Association of Churches definitions between the distinction of Mediums and psychics, it opens up the question as how easy becoming a Medium might be. That definition reads:

Medium vs. Psychic
Mediums produce phenomena and convey messages from the Spirit World, while psychics are picking up directly from objects, events, and people, not through the intervention of intelligences in the Spirit World.

As the Fox family heard rappings (noises) which we would probably attribute to poltergeist activity, how many of us have used that experience to have a back and forth communication with the Spirit to see what is going on?

Today, we have a plethora of tools to be able to do that, so what tools would some use today or would they use no tools at all?

Legrand 19-10-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Today, we have a plethora of tools to be able to do that, so what tools would some use today or would they use no tools at all?

Hello Big John,

For me the best tool to communicate with spirits or souls or ghost or else is silencing the mind like the surface of a crystal clear lake.
The voices or sensations of spirits will then be heard or felt as the stars may reflect on the surface of a clear lake with a clear sky at night.

Antoine

Jillity 19-10-2021 06:45 PM

For me the communication comes through meditation. I tend to see spots of light. We all see these when we close our eyes, but I feel a tingling sensation and the light will respond when asked a question.
A medium told me it took him a long time to become a medium. He communicated with spirits from an early age but he learned to become a medium through ther spiritualist church and through doing platform work and sitting in development circles. A medium has a code of ethics and must be so careful when doing a reading. I wouldn't call myself a medium. I would need considerable training to go down that road.

bobjob 19-10-2021 07:52 PM

I made a number of points in posting #2 about becoming a medium. Over many years of listening I have heard much misunderstanding about what it means to be a medium.

At the risk of again sounding like an LP with its needle stuck in a groove, mediums are born and not made. Unlike being a doctor, a nurse, a dentist or a truck driver it's not something you learn from scratch by being taught or by learning it in a formal course of learning. And psychic awareness/sensitivity or communication with spirits is not the same as being a medium yet many appear to think it is.

Of course being able to communicate in some way with discarnates is a prerequisite. Without that mediumship can not follow but from that simple start an individual may develop and hone their skills so they begin truly to work for the spirit, for others and not just for themselves.

Miss Hepburn 19-10-2021 09:31 PM

I hear what you are saying bobjob. :thumbsup:

DesertRose 19-10-2021 10:28 PM

We're always in contact with Spirit, as Spirit is with us.
As for me (I'm not a medium), I feel their presence and some visit me in my dreams.
One time I heard a man's voice, shouting something in my ear,
but I was so perplexed that I didn't remember what he said..

Traveler 19-10-2021 10:37 PM

I would say that if you have the natural talent, it's easy. If you don't, not so easy. I certainly don't have the natural talent, but I've been visited by pets and my brother who have passed and I was able to sense their presence but I don't have spirits coming to me asking for help.

BigJohn 20-10-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legrand
For me the best tool to communicate with spirits or souls or ghost or else is silencing the mind like the surface of a crystal clear lake.
The voices or sensations of spirits will then be heard or felt as the stars may reflect on the surface of a clear lake with a clear sky at night.

Antoine

You make it sound so easy...... which I believe it is.