Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Life on Other Planets (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130832)

Aknaton 17-08-2019 12:21 PM

Life on Other Planets

This ought to be an interesting one and I'm pretty excited about this subject-matter. What is your opinion concerning this in relation to Christianity?

BigJohn 17-08-2019 03:16 PM

Is there or was there life on Mars?

The building blocks of life have been found there......

Aknaton 17-08-2019 07:27 PM

Personally I believe that life on other planets exists. My reasoning is thus:

In the spiritual world, travelling through the planets has got me to encounter strange beings and they fit the description of "alien". Yes, I know that there are demons out there in spiritual space, but so are alien populations.

Secondly is I believe the Bible is not anti-ET and we could use this to guess that it's pro-ET. Sadly, this is not enough to prove the existence of alien life.

Busby 18-08-2019 06:34 AM

According to the latest estimate there are 2 trillion galaxies in the universe. Each average galaxy holds between 100 - 200 billion suns. If each sun has even 7 planets in their solar systems then we have a total of (I'll leave you to work it out).

But you'll get my point.

davidmartin 18-08-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
According to the latest estimate there are 2 trillion galaxies in the universe. Each average galaxy holds between 100 - 200 billion suns. If each sun has even 7 planets in their solar systems then we have a total of (I'll leave you to work it out).

But you'll get my point.

i do agree Busby, but this is only the 'visible universe' the 2 trillion as no-one knows what's beyond this?
i read a trillion trillion stars somewhere for those 2 trillion galaxies not that being super accurate makes a lot of difference with those numbers :)

if this universe is beyond imagination God is also beyond comprehension and we'd all get along better maybe

jojo50 19-08-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknaton
This ought to be an interesting one and I'm pretty excited about this subject-matter. What is your opinion concerning this in relation to Christianity?

there is NO life on any other planet except Earth. Jehovah God created Earth for humankind. we are the ones in which he wanted. those little green big-eyed creatures that MANY claim to see, in which I do believe some have. were just demons pretending so that man would believe "GOD", created other beings.

BigJohn 19-08-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo50
there is NO life on any other planet except Earth. Jehovah God created Earth for humankind. we are the ones in which he wanted. those little green big-eyed creatures that MANY claim to see, in which I do believe some have. were just demons pretending so that man would believe "GOD", created other beings.

Interesting comment.

I prefer Yahweh over Jehovah
So far, I have found 7 variants of the word YHWH
as recorded in the Masoretic text.

neil 19-08-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo50

Yes I would agree to them being evil beings.

However the bible was written for Earthlings, & there just may be other planets with sentient aware life forms on them. with their own biblical scripture....why not eh.

neil 19-08-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn

Interesting comment.

I prefer Yahweh over Jehovah
So far, I have found 7 variants of the word YHWH
as recorded in the Masoretic text.

And once again you are pointlessly "OFF TOPIC", of another post.
Bigjohn...Have you no respect for others posts/thoughts.

BigJohn 20-08-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
And once again you are pointlessly "OFF TOPIC", of another post.
Bigjohn...Have you no respect for others posts/thoughts.

and............ once again you are pointlessly
"OFF TOPIC".

:notworthy: ....................... :notworthy:.......................:notworthy:
:notworthy:.......................:notworthy: