Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Bluegreen 11-04-2013 02:20 PM

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

Pearl S. Buck

amy green 11-04-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluegreen
The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

Pearl S. Buck

Hmmm - I disagree. It's possible to live alone and contribute a lot to your local community. Choosing to live alone does not, of itself, mean isolation.

Bluegreen 11-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy green
Hmmm - I disagree. It's possible to live alone and contribute a lot to your local community. Choosing to live alone does not, of itself, mean isolation.

I agree but I think that what is meant here is living like a recluse

Miss Hepburn 13-04-2013 02:55 AM

Learn to carry all the conditions of happiness within yourself by meditating
and attuning your consciousness to ever existing, ever-conscious, ever- new
Joy, which is God.
Your happiness should never be subject to any outside influence.

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Natalia 13-04-2013 10:44 AM

My apologies Miss.Hepburn. I did not realize I had the authors mixed up.
I saw the quote on a blogging site and shared it because it seems to resonate with me. A E was the name it had under the quote.

:smile:

Miss Hepburn 15-04-2013 05:09 PM

"...your every moment is impacted by your Connection or lack of
Connection to your Inner Being - to the Total You...to the You that you were before you were born
into this physical body."

~ Abraham-Hicks
The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent

That's ok, Natalia.
:)

running 15-04-2013 05:21 PM

I have always been crazy but its kept me from going insane

Waylon Jennings

running 16-04-2013 01:36 AM

I hope no one minds the country singer quotes I put in here. I just find them fun. And wanted to share some fun

Miss Hepburn 19-04-2013 05:15 PM

God lives in each heart and he who consciously dwells in the
secret of His presence comes into an understanding of the
creative powers of the universe.

Cora Fillmore, 1937

running 22-04-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Learn to carry all the conditions of happiness within yourself by meditating
and attuning your consciousness to ever existing, ever-conscious, ever- new
Joy, which is God.
Your happiness should never be subject to any outside influence.

~Paramahansa Yogananda

This is great! This is what I live by. I have never been happier. Before I had a business that I since given away, money, and lots of posessions. Today I give a third of money away to family. Everything I own fits in three bags. I live in a truck as a trucker instead of a home. But the intoxication of the energy not the drama is my happiness. There is no comparison. The thought of buying into plastic happiness is a joke to me. Great quote. Thank you for posting it!

Miss Hepburn 22-04-2013 03:22 PM

Well, see if you like this also, running...:smile:

The art of life is to live in the present moment and to make
that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that
we are the instruments and expressions of God Himself.

~Emmet Fox

running 22-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Well, see if you like this also, running...:smile:

The art of life is to live in the present moment and to make
that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that
we are the instruments and expressions of God Himself.

~Emmet Fox

That's great! I believe this goes along with your quote. In my experience life has become about becoming more content with what is. Today I could be mad cause my truck is broken down. But instead I will be content and enjoy the day anyways. I'm not suggesting I'm a walking zombie but in my experience it seems life happens and I have one main decision. To fight it or to go with it. I used to fight it. Now I don't as much. It seems this puts me more in the moment. When I am so I'm more of an instrument to the energy I suppose. One thing I feel certain about is then there will be greater energy flow making me feel good. So I chose to let it flow making me happy because it feels good. And I like feeling good. I'm in no way an expert at it. But I feel as though im getting better as time goes on. The process of it all has been very interesting and fun.

Miss Hepburn 23-04-2013 02:19 AM

Yes, choosing the better feeling feeling is the thing! :smile:
Another quote...

"If you want to go east, don't go west."

~Ramakrishna

Khaldun 23-04-2013 09:24 PM

"Learn from me."

-Personal Experience

Miss Hepburn 23-04-2013 11:33 PM

We discover that as we align with the Source, we access infinite power.

-teacher of Unity

Animus27 23-04-2013 11:47 PM

"He who has conquered passions has also defeated sorrow. But one overcome by passions will not avoid the shackles of sorrow. As an ill person can be identified by the color of his face, so is one overcome by passions distinguished by sorrow."

"One should condescend to one’s soul in its infirmities and imperfections, endure one’s deficiencies as we bear the failings of others, not become lazy, and continually urge oneself to be better."

- St. Seraphim of Sarov

Absonite 24-04-2013 12:37 AM

"Remember that you are commissioned to preach this gospel of the kingdom — the supreme desire to do the Father’s will coupled with the supreme joy of the faith realization of sonship with God — and you must not allow anything to divert your devotion to this one duty. Let all mankind benefit from the overflow of your loving spiritual ministry, enlightening intellectual communion, and uplifting social service; but none of these humanitarian labors, nor all of them, should be permitted to take the place of proclaiming the gospel. These mighty ministrations are the social by-products of the still more mighty and sublime ministrations and transformations wrought in the heart of the kingdom believer by the living Spirit of Truth and by the personal realization that the faith of a spirit-born man confers the assurance of living fellowship with the eternal God."

-Jesus, according to the Urantia Book

Miss Hepburn 25-04-2013 03:39 PM

Ah, and almost in the same vein...

You, dear friend, are God's beloved daughter or son-- special,
unique and important.
You have every reason to walk 100% with an attitude of delight!

-Sandra Hymel, Unity minister

(More Urantia quotes?)

Absonite 25-04-2013 10:20 PM

(101:1.4) Religion lives and prospers ... not by sight and feeling, but rather by faith and insight. It consists not in the discovery of new facts or in the finding of a unique experience, but rather in the discovery of new and spiritual meanings in facts already well known to mankind. The highest religious experience is not dependent on prior acts of belief, tradition, and authority; neither is religion the offspring of sublime feelings and purely mystical emotions. It is, rather, a profoundly deep and actual experience of spiritual communion with the spirit influences resident within the human mind, and as far as such an experience is definable in terms of psychology, it is simply the experience of experiencing the reality of believing in God as the reality of such a purely personal experience.

-a brief explanation about true religion (not referencing institutions) according to the Urantia Book.

Sourcerer 13-05-2013 02:16 AM

A wise quote from Master Robert:

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Jesus backwards is sausage lol.:D

spiritualseeker13 13-05-2013 05:47 AM

Spiritual Quote from world famous Indian Spiritual Master Dada Bhagwan:

The worldly life is created through lack of understanding and it is destroyed through understanding. The Gnani Purush (spiritual master, the enlightened one) can give all the understanding so then you do not have to read any scriptures.

Sourcerer 13-05-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritualseeker13

The worldly life is created through lack of understanding and it is destroyed through understanding. The Gnani Purush (spiritual master, the enlightened one) can give all the understanding so then you do not have to read any scriptures.

Indeed! And the only "Gnani Purush" (the only True "Spiritual Master") is one's Inner Being, one's Higher Self, Who is the True Bestower of Wisdom and Grace. A warm welcome to Spiritual Forums, my friend. :wink:

Natalia 13-05-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritualseeker13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sourcerer
Indeed! And the only "Gnani Purush" (the only True "Spiritual Master") is one's Inner Being, one's Higher Self, Who is the True Bestower of Wisdom and Grace. A warm welcome to Spiritual Forums, my friend.

Smiling:smile:

Sourcerer 13-05-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia
Smiling:smile:

:hug3: :notworthy:

Miss Hepburn 13-05-2013 10:55 AM

Recognize God and goodness in every face.
~Babaji

Baile 13-05-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Ram Dass~

Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.

Gosh that is so true!

Baile 13-05-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Recognize God and goodness in every face.
~Babaji

Gosh that is so difficult at times! :smile:

Miss Hepburn 30-05-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
Gosh that is so difficult at times! :smile:

Well, as I always say...start small, babysteps.
Dont' start seeing God's Face in someone yelling at you...at first..lol! :wink:

Start with your pets, then a friend, then in a casual conversation with your neighbor...
sometimes don't listwen to their words...focus in their eyes and see into them...because
He's there...right there.
Shine love to that stranger or neighbor or friend and watch the light inside them light up....
Shazam....there "He" is.
Just practice with nice people to see that you can do it...you can peer inside someone past their
personalities and the conversation of the moment.

You didn't ask for my advice, but I couldn't help myself...you were so honest.

Miss Hepburn 30-05-2013 05:12 PM

Rabindranath Tagore: Stream of Life

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

Miss Hepburn 11-06-2013 03:36 PM

The Great Secret
ยป Hafiz

I Heard God Laughing

God was full of Wine last night, So full of wine
That He let a great secret slip. He said:
There is no man on earth
Who needs a pardon from Me -
For there is really no such thing,
No such thing As Sin!

That Beloved has gone completely Wild-
He has poured Himself into me!
I am Blissful and Drunk and Overflowing.
Dear world, Draw life from my Sweet Body,
Dear wayfaring souls, come drink your fill of liquid rubies,
For God has made my heart
An Eternal Fountain!

7luminaries 11-06-2013 06:24 PM

ah just beautiful Miss H!
Thanks for posting :hug3:

Miss Hepburn 21-06-2013 05:40 PM

By Rabia al-Basri (Rabia al- Adawiyya)
(717 - 801)

O my Lord, the stars glitter
and the eyes of men are closed.
Kings have locked their doors
and each lover is alone with his love.

Here, I am alone with you.

n2mec 01-07-2013 07:29 PM

Reality cannot be trapped or freed. When reality manifests as mind, it falls under the spell of it own creation.

~Mooji~

Miss Hepburn 21-07-2013 04:50 PM

Repeating the name of the Beloved
I have become the Beloved myself.
Whom shall I call the Beloved now?

~Bulleh Shah (1680~1758)

Miss Hepburn 21-07-2013 04:51 PM

The Universe itself is a collective hallucination.

From the Kriya Yoga Forum

ravenstar 22-07-2013 11:05 AM

This is such a wonderful quote :smile:

Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.
~ C. S. Lewis, from Mere Christianity

Arcturus 22-07-2013 06:02 PM

"all reaction is inaction.."

"analysis is paralysis.."

both J Krishnamurti

"if i hold my hands up in front of my eyes i cannot see the Sun, if i have an image of God, i cannot see God".

St. John of the Cross (from memory so could be innaccurate)

ravenstar 27-07-2013 07:03 PM

You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.
~ Matthew 5:14

Miss Hepburn 29-07-2013 01:38 AM

It is important that we let no hour of the day go by without some
conscious reminder within us that the goal of life is to attain that mind that
was also in Christ Jesus.

'Practicing the Presence' by Joel S. Goldsmith...page 26

Love CS Lewis

Miss Hepburn 29-07-2013 08:42 PM

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson, b. 1803, Boston