Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Cosmic Consciousness (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25224)

Curt 07-11-2011 05:03 PM

Cosmic Consciousness

In a sense, I've been camping out at the edge of cosmic consciousness, but I don't dare go through the door or beyond the trailhead because I have these nasty thoughts which frighten me and keep me from being open and relaxed.

Humm 07-11-2011 05:06 PM

Is there a question in there, or should we just jump in with our own reflections? :smile:

Lazarus72 07-11-2011 07:30 PM

Yes, although this could also be viewed in terms of filtering, as in a period of adjustment.

Having been to the edge and 'hung a leg out', I understand how the experience can lead to heightened introspection and the questioning of motivation. To the mind seemingly comes a point of no return when it comes to realisation. It can appear as sacrifice. This naturally leads to the questioning of personal motivation. I guess periodical raising of consciousness requires practice anyway.

Also with regard to motivation, I feel there's another side. In the role of the Bodhisattva, acquiring sufficient knowledge and wisdom prior to the apprehension of such a state could be considered prudent in order to both maximise the experience and capitalise on the potential to effectively relate the endeavour for others, if that makes any sense.

Maybe its a question of aggregation.

It's true I always seem to feel there's work to be done before I could comfortably dwell in such a sphere for any time, and perhaps suspiciously so, hehe. :smile:

Miss Hepburn 07-11-2011 08:15 PM

Love bade me welcome,
Yet my soul drew back.

George Herbert
16c priest

Moraden 07-11-2011 08:16 PM

What is all this? The edge? I am intensely curious.

Xan 08-11-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt
In a sense, I've been camping out at the edge of cosmic consciousness, but I don't dare go through the door or beyond the trailhead because I have these nasty thoughts which frighten me and keep me from being open and relaxed.

Curt... Everyone has to face this fear point in the mind, and eventually go on through it.

It may be you're scaring yourself by calling it "cosmic consciousness", which seems very grand and challenging.

What if, instead, you began to think of of it as "my true nature" (which it is) and you're just getting to know yourself, your inner being better... more intimately and wholly.

And... you might begin to see that these nasty thoughts are... just thoughts. By observing them with a little detachment and acceptance they'll start to change, and so will your fear.

Xan

TzuJanLi 08-11-2011 02:34 AM

Greetings..

Quote:

Hi Curt: It may not be helpful, now, but.. you're not 'at the edge', cosmic consciousness is actually 'what you are'.. those 'thoughts' serve only to distort this understanding, those thoughts are the 'structure' of a cage that confines you.. not many people are willing to 'let go' of ALL of it.. most will stay connected, in some deeply attached way, to their 'safe word', the one that keeps them from being truly liberated..

Be well..

moke64916 08-11-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

It took me a lot of frightening thoughts and extreme lows to realize thoughts are just thoughts and nothing more. They are not who 'you' are. They are a 'part' of who you are and what makes up your reality. Don't fret over negative thoughts. They do not have to effect your state of wellbeing. Just accept them for what they are. Really what is being frightened over your thoughts going to change. The thoughts already occurred. So why worry about that past moment of thoughts. It is pointless to resist what we think. It just causes more pain. I say. "it is what it is. I have a choice to resist what already occurred, or I can accept everything as it happens right Now in this moment. I choose to accept because thats where the peace and joy arises within you.

Peace.

Swami Chihuahuananda 08-11-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Curt: It may not be helpful, now, but.. you're not 'at the edge', cosmic consciousness is actually 'what you are'.. those 'thoughts' serve only to distort this understanding, those thoughts are the 'structure' of a cage that confines you.. not many people are willing to 'let go' of ALL of it.. most will stay connected, in some deeply attached way, to their 'safe word', the one that keeps them from being truly liberated..

Be well..

Letting go of all of my ideas about what "it" was was a big help , one small step for mankind, but a giant leap for me . To see that "it" is not something other than I-ness, or maybe more accurately, beingness ; not a distant place or separate thing , but a way of being that's as close as right here right now :D

TzuJanLi 08-11-2011 05:34 AM

Greetings..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar
Letting go of all of my ideas about what "it" was was a big help , one small step for mankind, but a giant leap for me . To see that "it" is not something other than I-ness, or maybe more accurately, beingness ; not a distant place or separate thing , but a way of being that's as close as right here right now :D

Yep, people create distant goals to escape what's 'right here, right now', that which 'is'.. we/us/Life are 'that which is' right here/right now.. chasing labels, and beliefs, and rituals, and followers, and etc.. are really just ways of avoiding 'who we are', freely evolving experiences choosing our destinies, the vehicles through which the unknown is made known..

Be well..