Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Angry at "Spiritual Lessons" (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140523)

jason_m 22-06-2021 12:31 PM

Angry at "Spiritual Lessons"

I was brain damaged for several years, and after listening to several spiritual "gurus," I assumed that this is a "lesson," and could not have been more furious, but that is not what the term "lesson" means.

I had to look into karmic numerology to get an answer, and it just describes a specific life challenge that you have to face - *everyday types of challenges, not something tragic, like what happened to me.* For instance, one may have problems with their marriage that they have to work out. If they would just deal with this situation in a certain way that solves the problem, then they have learned a valuable *lesson.* It does not mean that God would damage my brain for someone to learn. That is preposterous.

Miss Hepburn 22-06-2021 03:29 PM

I think that makes perfect sense...especially after reading so much
about our Life Path in Rob Schwartz's books and interviews on youtube.

Matty 22-06-2021 04:57 PM

I'm glad to you haven't turned your anger towards God, at least not completely.
It's not up to a "guru" to throw scripted nonsense, like it's all just a lesson.
What you went thru I am sure was and is a traumatic experience. You have the right to be angry or upset. Due to the experience and to the scripted nonsense.
No one can take that away from you or try to cover it up with flowery words.
And by doing so with such flowery words, seems like a way to say. I really don't care about you nor your pain. Personally I hate seeing or hearing of people in pain. And dislike such people who just try to cover their own pain by feeling like they helped you. Such as "guru" which lets be honest how many actual Gurus is there today. I could probably buy the title quicker than it took me to write this reaponse.
I am sorry that I couldn't be of much help and I hope you are medically okay and don't have to much affects from the brain damage, as well as mentally and the Heart. And I hope you have some type of local outlet as well as online. It seems your Heart is strong, I hope it leads you to the answers you seek.

Miss Hepburn 22-06-2021 05:34 PM

@Matty - well, when I'm in a pickle like jason's,
let it be known far and wide-
Give me flowery, true, spiritual words any time! (aka guru, swami, saint, yogi, poet's scripted words).
Please.

Matty 22-06-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
@Matty - well, when I'm in a pickle

That's good I glad that you at a stage like that...
There is far more that is not. Sharing Love is the ultimate goal. Realizing that flowery words like "its just a lesson" is nothing more than empty sentiment's. Many times just adds more sorrow than anything. Its just a lesson is the equivalent to get over it. Only difference is "it's just a lesson" makes the person saying that feel better than saying get over it. If someone was able to get over it, they wouldn't be seeking spiritual advice in the first place. It's also the equivalent of I have no clue but can't let others know Enter script (--)
Many many times scripted nonsense like this turns people away. Honestly I don't blame them, the person saying such that's a different story.
Sometimes "its just a lesson" works as a placebo for...

Miss Hepburn 22-06-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty
Realizing that
flowery words like "its just a lesson" is nothing more than emptysentiment's.
Its just a lesson is the equivalent to get over it. Only difference is
"it's just a lesson" makes the person saying that feel better than saying get over it.

Ah, so you thought when I said spiritual, flowery words I meant that? Um, no.
That may be a worse phrase than telling a woman to "Relax"!
And never say that to her if a cheap vase is nearby! :tongue:

Gem 23-06-2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_m
"gurus," I assumed that this is a "lesson,"

Yes quite right. There might not be a rhyme and reason to all of this, but regardless of our life path or fate of whatever it is, we each gain certain wisdoms through our respective lots.

Altair 23-06-2021 04:31 PM

You don't have to believe in these guru's. You can make your own luck in this life..
We are all damaged in one way or another. That's nature, it doesn't do 'perfection'.

lemex 24-06-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty
There is far more that is not. Sharing Love is the ultimate goal. Realizing that flowery words like "its just a lesson" is nothing more than empty sentiment's. ...

But isn't this a lesson. To some this is just some flowery word and as scripted. But the OP I think became enlightened now knowing what others know as there is so much to learn about everything. Each person realizes or enlightened in their own time.

hazada guess 25-06-2021 09:16 AM

May I just say that you planned all of the major aspects of your life before you were born so I can say that everything happens for a reason.