Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138985)

bobjob 31-03-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
And the extent of your knowledge is...?

limited - What's YOURS?

BigJohn 31-03-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
I was camped in Pueblo, Colorado, some years ago and got chatting late one evening to a native American woman in a 7/11. She'd been living for some time in her car, separated from family and tribe. She had been prescribed drugs to help with her mental issues but she had stopped taking them.

THANKS FOR SHARING
I knew a Hindu woman that lost her teaching job due to the recession of 2008. Consequentially, she lost her apartment and ended up sleeping and living in her car. She was on psych medications before all of this happened and when she could no longer afford them, she went back to her 'old self' and was worse then ever. Then the desert heat got to her and then she went 'crazy'. Drinking hard liquor made matters worse.

It took years for her to drag herself out of that 'hole' but she did.

Native spirit 31-03-2021 03:04 PM

I can see a lot of families being in that situation now because of the pandemic, when places open up again,
The jobs wont be there so they will find themselves in the same situation.
and when they have problems it will into not help because the Mental health team will be overwhelmed with cases

Namaste

jro5139 04-04-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

When I worked in mental health one of my clients went into a full-blown episode, I had to trap her into a corner to stop her from running out of the building and onto a very busy main road. She sat in a corner in a puddle of het own urine, screaming and looking at me as though I was the devil incarnate come to take her away. That was caused not by deamons but chemical imbalances in the brain because her medications were late.

It seems like you are saying that demons are our own projections and not real. I would have to disagree, as I have witnessed a woman become full on possessed. She levitated, spoke in an ancient language, voice changed, eyes changed, etc. She did stuff that we are not capable of doing to ourselves. I also felt the presence of the demon in the room, although it did not have a physical body of it's own. She likely attracted it to herself, but it was most definitely a separate being from her.
Anyway, that was the moment when I knew the spirit realm was real beyond any doubt.

jro5139 04-04-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I can see a lot of families being in that situation now because of the pandemic, when places open up again,
The jobs wont be there so they will find themselves in the same situation.
and when they have problems it will into not help because the Mental health team will be overwhelmed with cases

Namaste

Where I work, we are overwhelmed with cases and I know this is true of the entire area. People are signing up for mental health services and having to wait for weeks or even months. The psychiatric hospitals here are turning people away that they shouldn't be turning away because there just aren't enough beds. Yes, mental health is skyrocketing.

bobjob 05-04-2021 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
Where I work, we are overwhelmed with cases and I know this is true of the entire area. People are signing up for mental health services and having to wait for weeks or even months. The psychiatric hospitals here are turning people away that they shouldn't be turning away because there just aren't enough beds. Yes, mental health is skyrocketing.

It would be remarkable if mental health problems in the US were significantly fewer than in the UK.

Here we're repeatedly told a huge backlog of all manner of health issues has built up since the start of 2020, mental health included. And mental health provision was poor well before the pandemic with routine waiting times of many months. Unless I've misunderstood the situation a wait of weeks to see a mental health practitioner was almost unheard of.

But now the mental pressures brought on by the changes encountered and enforced since early 2020 are said to have resulted in a huge number of sufferers - including youngsters - additional to the already high numbers routinely having to wait months for help.

In the UK we're desperately short of medical staff in just about every field and that's especially the case in mental health provision. Although the pandemic is beginning to come under a measure of control the new problems it has brought will stress test all our medical services for years to come. And will stress our already fragile economy, post Brexit, just as much.

The outcome is likely to be citizens presenting with emotional and mental health problems at an unprecedented level.

Greenslade 05-04-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
limited - What's YOURS?

Having worked in mental health for one.

Greenslade 05-04-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jro5139
It seems like you are saying that demons are our own projections and not real. I would have to disagree, as I have witnessed a woman become full on possessed. She levitated, spoke in an ancient language, voice changed, eyes changed, etc. She did stuff that we are not capable of doing to ourselves. I also felt the presence of the demon in the room, although it did not have a physical body of it's own. She likely attracted it to herself, but it was most definitely a separate being from her.
Anyway, that was the moment when I knew the spirit realm was real beyond any doubt.

But you witnessed that. I worked in mental health and I'm a medium so as far as this goes I've seen both sides of the coin, and I also have my own mental health issues. I've seen people go on full-blown psychotic episodes like you see in the movies. In one case I had to 'trap' a young woman in a public toilet, she sat in a puddle of her own urine screaming at me, and herding her into the toilet was preferable to her running into a busy main road to get away from me. I can only guess what she saw me as, but not long prior to that I'd been doing some training with her and having a laugh. What she saw was all in her own mind. There have been other cases but there is a difference between the demons in people's heads and something more real or objective similar to what you witnessed.

If you witnessed it then what was going on wasn't just in that person's head. There is a difference. I don't have an explanation for that but I've also witnessed things that can't be explained by any kind of common sense even. Something exists beyond science that's for sure.

bobjob 05-04-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Having worked in mental health for one.

Based on your experience then, was I right or wrong in what I said? Here's a reminder:

"They're all interesting, but as yet unproven, points - unless someone can point out relevant data I'm not aware of. To the best of my knowledge the nature and significance of dreams remains a subject of conjecture rather than fact.

Mental health may be better understood and a link between seeing demons and mental ill-health may be logical but again - as far as I'm aware - is still unproven."

bobjob 05-04-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

But you witnessed that. I worked in mental health and I'm a medium so as far as this goes I've seen both sides of the coin, and I also have my own mental health issues. I've seen people go on full-blown psychotic episodes like you see in the movies. ...

jro made interesting observations and indeed it's not easy to explain exactly what was going on. So-called demonic possession isn't new and neither are reports of levitation. Thankfully they're comparatively rare (I think? Depends on what you compare.) and although intriguing such reports don't add anything substantial to what's already known about our survival in a different form beyond physical death.

Let's not forget, though, that this thread is titled: "Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder?"