Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why Logic is Misleading? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137101)

SpiritualFreedom 10-09-2020 07:45 PM

Why Logic is Misleading?

Today I was thinking about Logic.

Just because we say or think, something in a logical way, it doesn't matter, it can still be wrong anyways - Stop, and think that statement very deep for a moment please ...

Go to any group of everything you can think.

Go to the murderers, mafias or corrupted people.

Go to yourself, and your daily perception of the world.

You & them, are all the time using logic, logic and logic thinking that ("you") are right all the time. Never wrong.

We do this even to ouurselves, which is very fascinating to me.

We can't trust logic - It's misleading

Not from ourselves. Not from anybody.

Therefore, if we can't trust logic... what we can trust?

The emotion behind it.

If the emotion (behind the logic) is charged with love, happiness, joy, caring, compassion, creation, giving and forgivess - That logic is right & correct

If the emotion (behind the logic) is charged with fear, anger, resentment, destruction, distrust and revenge - That logic is wrong & incorrect

You filter this to yourself, and to anyone that you are listenning to.

Because Logic is Misleading, Emotion is Signal.

Go to any fear based group on the internet, do the experiment and listen to one of their leaders. I can promise you, that all of their logic will seem very convincing if you resonate with that belief.. but if you go deeper, you will notice is a lot of fear based behind it.

This is very important because we all have the free will to choose who to listen to or not.

Consciousness does create reality, everything is a virtual reality where EVERYTHING can be posible. Look at the crop circles. Most people assume there was aliens that have done that.

I resonate more with the theory that a larger consciousness which created earth is doing to open the mind to people without scare them.

If you always choose the positive & loving choices, you're always going to be right - Period

I live my life by the golden rule = Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Whenever I'm at a conflict of what to do, what to say or how to re-act I think that golden rule always. No matter who I come in contact with. I apply the golden role as a habit

Lorelyen 10-09-2020 10:26 PM

I think you're speaking of logic in the colloquial sense. As a mathematical technique it's perfectly reliable. The danger is people getting the premises wrong or simply false - and you'll find loads and loads of that in the Spiritual snake oil market on the web.

Sometimes it's quite appalling! Someone comes on stating a fake fact then treating that as an fact in a logical equation. The naive often fall for it as we see here then suffer disappointment when they suss it out later.

You can prove the moon is made of cheese with logic....but only with false premises!

Starman 10-09-2020 10:50 PM

The major premise is everything, and the major premise must be valid and sound to be logical.
Now there are logical fallacies; a logical fallacy is and error in reasoning. Good reasoning brings
about sound and valid logic.

A sweeping generalization is a logical fallacy, appeal to authority instead of the merits, or appeal
to pity, are also logical fallacies; there are a number of logical fallacies.

Logic helps us interpret facts, but logic is only as good as it is being properly applied; if it is being
misused, skewed or misplaced, then it is not good, nor valid or sound logic. Often the logic that
people use is illogical. Logic is not just what we believe.

FallingLeaves 10-09-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
The major premise is everything, and the major premise must be valid and sound to be logical.
Now there are logical fallacies; a logical fallacy is and error in reasoning. Good reasoning brings
about sound and valid logic.

A sweeping generalization is a logical fallacy, appeal to authority instead of the merits, or appeal
to pity, are also logical fallacies; there are a number of logical fallacies.

Logic helps us interpret facts, but logic is only as good as it is being properly applied; if it is being
misused, skewed or misplaced, then it is not good, nor valid or sound logic. Often the logic that
people use is illogical. Logic is not just what we believe.

the major problem with major premises are that they are themselves inherently unprovable with logic... similar to how the fundamental axioms of algebra are taken for granted but inherently unprovable. One chooses the best one can but unfortunately, one is often wrong...

Altair 11-09-2020 08:11 AM

Logic can be misleading because it can be presented along the lines of ''It's logical therefore it's the truth''

But logical statements don't have to be supported by empiricism...

Priests and guru's for example can be very skilled with logic.

Logic is:
Asian Elephants are green. African Bush Elephants are green. African Forest Elephants are green. Therefore all elephants that exist are green.

It's logical yet false. Elephants are nearly always grey, with the exception of albino ones.

Lorelyen 11-09-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the major problem with major premises are that they are themselves inherently unprovable with logic... similar to how the fundamental axioms of algebra are taken for granted but inherently unprovable. One chooses the best one can but unfortunately, one is often wrong...

Because it resolves as consensus definitions/classifications. If for example you classify apples as 'fruit' and you also classify oranges and bananas as fruits, then you can declare "Apples are fruit." And you can also declare "Different fruits are not all apples."
Then you'll get some bright spark who comes up with "Yes but you can't call oak apples "fruit", so you may end up with a list of exceptions too (affecting the definition, not the simple logic).

True, you can't prove any of this stuff but it's generally agreed that if a phenomenon is noted by many observers then it justifies being called a fact. If 100 people agree they're seeing a chair then the chair can be treated as a fact (in the material world at least!). If you differentiate velocity over time you get an acceleration plot - a theoretical construct that works most of the time in practical situations.

A Nand logical function is what it is. Likewise a Nor.

And things like that.

Starman 11-09-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

They have to be sound and valid, sound determines whether a premise is valid. But sound and valid are based on philosophy. That philosophy states “a deductive argument is sound if, and only if, it is both valid and all of its premises are actually true.”

In the general public the word “logic” is loosely used, just like the word “research.” People will say something is based on scientific research but they don’t know the details, or design, of that research.

Research can be designed so that the researcher will get the set answer that they want. Not all scientific research is sound or valid. As far as mathematics are concerned there are many different schools of mathematical philosophy and they all do not arrive at the same conclusion.

Five different schools of thought on mathematics are Logicism, Formalism, Constructivism, Platonism, and Falliblsm. Mathematical philosophy has a lot of different approaches, so does psychology, and most other academic disciples. People generally get stuck on only one way of seeing things.

Numbers are words that tell a story; they are a language. Most people want the story they tell to be believed. Logic is both a science and an art form. It is based on human reasoning. Anything can be proven or disproved. That is what lawyers do every time they go to court.

It depends on the system of logic that a person uses, and if you can get others to believe it. In this world the more people who believe something the more validity that thing is given. But logic is not based on beliefs. If you were charged with a crime and went to court you most likely would use some type of logic to defend yourself.

SpiritualFreedom 11-09-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

If you were charged with a crime and went to court you most likely would use some type of logic to defend yourself.

BINGO!

Thank you very much!

I want to use this at a personal level.

Everone talks to themselves on a daily basis. EVERYONE.

Now...

What type of logic and phrases are you repeating over & over into your own being?

Are they positive, and empowering yourself with more power, freedom, happiness, joy and love?

or are you impressing to yourself negative ideas, that are bringing you down?

This is critically important, because if you go to the negative side... That's how people endup suiciding themselves

If something is not positive and is going to make my life better - I don't care who or what the source it is - I will block it. Period.

It doesn't matter if it's my father, a spiritual being, a scientist, an expert, a priest - If it's negative it's blocked.

The same things appliest to people & friends. If they are negative & complainers that resonate with fear. Their names go to my blacklist HAHA

Only positive & empowering information are allowed to be on my mind & on my consciousness. :cool:

lemex 11-09-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

If you were charged with a crime and went to court you most likely would use some type of logic to defend yourself.

Keep in mind what is also being spoken about is, the charge is not the truth though. The person may have felt justified in doing the crime who did and still now apply logic, any logic (even lies) to win freedom as they still feel justified. Keep in mind there are many things done that are done that are not charged and do what should be or is equivalent to a crime. It is true there is always logic. As I have said before, no person will (openly or knowingly) say they did wrong, certainly at the time of doing, else they would not do it. I'm not even sure if a person is even capable of doing wrong knowing they are (feeling) wrong. One is often not talking about logic but justifying action by logic telling ourselves we do or did the right thing maintaining that stance. Many negatives are justified in mind positive logically. This also goes along the lines of confirming the being right. The things people do interest me especially in respect where I would not do what others do. Very interesting subject. Nice post for thought.

lemex 11-09-2020 03:11 PM

There is an old story of the person standing before God and we are told we cannot lie before God because God knows if we are lying. We believe there is only one being that can do this, but there are really two. Just as God a person can't lie to themselves. Once we see that then it allows us to see the logic behind what is said.