Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY MEAN TO YOU? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136817)

BigJohn 23-08-2020 07:52 PM

WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY MEAN TO YOU?

Before the pandemic, I used to go to our local McDonalds to have something to eat, drink and especially talk to other people. Us regulars, would sit near each other and talk as we drank our coffee.

On Sundays, people would come into McDonalds who had just been to Church. Sometimes they would join our group.

Virtually everybody in the group were Christians.

Sometimes religion came up.
Everyone respected the other person's beliefs.

To me, Christians are good people just like people who belong to other religions.

My question is, "What does Christianity mean to you?"

Morpheus 23-08-2020 08:10 PM

Many people come to Christ by reading the Bible and loving and believing in Him, by inspiration of His Holy Spirit.

Christ is central to Christianity, as presented in,
THE BIBLE.

Hopefully they will come to understand how the cross connects with God's atoning practices for sins, and peace with Him.
(Leviticus 17:11)

Regarding what goes on here? Accepting another, "spirit of Christ"?
Paul say's,
"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers. Transforming themselves as apostles of Christ.

And no marvel. For satan himself is able to transport himself as an angel of light.
So no wonder if his ministers also transform themselves as ministers of righteousness, who's end will be according to their works."
(2 Cor. 11)

Native spirit 23-08-2020 08:43 PM

I am not a christian i have my own beliefs that i follow,
to me christianity is just a word the religon behind the word is whats important to people. and each person will think differently about it.
so christianity means nothing to me

Namaste

BigJohn 23-08-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am not a christian i have my own beliefs that i follow,
to me christianity is just a word the religon behind the word is whats important to people. and each person will think differently about it.
so christianity means nothing to me

Namaste

I resonate in many ways with what you wrote.

When I talk to Christians, they are very similar to other religions: that is they typically do not know much about their religion. It seems that people from the various religions try to do good and are an asset to their community.

When I was a boy, we would go to the Baptist Church and then the Methodist Church. The Bibles were provided. Sometimes the minister would read from the Bible but rarely would anybody pick up a Bible. Those that went to those Churches never really talked about religion. I have noticed the same pattern in other religions.

Morpheus 23-08-2020 09:09 PM

N.s. says she hasn't been in a church. Or, have you?

Lucid 23-08-2020 09:12 PM

Christianity to me means:
Desiring God above all else through Christ which is life. Everything else is dead.

sky 24-08-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
N.s. says she hasn't been in a church. Or, have you?

NS never mentioned a Church Morph but what has a Church got to do with being a Christian anyway ?

Honza 24-08-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
....but what has a Church got to do with being a Christian anyway ?

That depends upon who you ask. You knew that.

Morpheus 24-08-2020 08:52 AM

Ask Bg. Jn. he brought it up.

No matter what tribe N.s. is, there are churches there.

sky 24-08-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
That depends upon who you ask. You knew that.

But I was asking Morph as He brought Churches up :smile: