Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Are you aware that you are a killer? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136026)

Honza 28-06-2020 05:19 AM

Are you aware that you are a killer?

Not many people are aware of this simple premise. That we are all killers. I kill to live. Not in any grand or big scale; but I do kill. I eat food and generally cause casualties in my life. As we all do.

This is one simple reason why I am averse to calling myself God. Or calling myself perfect. Is God a killer? This is a big question and in my opinion He probably is a killer but is probably in denial.

inavalan 28-06-2020 06:58 AM

Death is a change of focus. Renewal implies replacing the old. It is part of the process. It has to happen, and it also serves a purpose by supporting another's needs.

You don't perceive the nature of the reality, but a distortion affected by your beliefs. You have to learn to eliminate those distortions.

Honza 28-06-2020 07:10 AM

My perception of death is distorted by my beliefs? It is a possibility...

Honza 28-06-2020 11:14 AM

My perception of death is actually pretty miserable. So much death seems unnecessary and the levels of suffering seem incredibly high.

People get very philosophical about death. Probably because it is something we have very little knowledge about or control over it.

In my mind death is one of the key factors which lead us to be on earth. If we can overcome death we would be free of earth and suffering. Remember what Christ said about conquering death...

sky 28-06-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Not many people are aware of this simple premise. That we are all killers. I kill to live. Not in any grand or big scale; but I do kill. I eat food and generally cause casualties in my life. As we all do.

This is one simple reason why I am averse to calling myself God. Or calling myself perfect. Is God a killer? This is a big question and in my opinion He probably is a killer but is probably in denial.

I am NOT a killer and you shouldn't presume that everyone is, why even think like that is beyond me :icon_frown:

BigJohn 28-06-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Jains acknowledge what you wrote.

davidsun 01-07-2020 10:47 PM

Hello Honza - the discussion on this page (at the link shared below) relates to the topic which you are concerned with - here's a snip from the opening comment:
"I believe that the universe is a loving one, but that contradicts the carnivorous nature of animals that prey on one another. I remember Seth saying something like, how the animals understand that and accept that, but it's hard for me to understand how a universe can be loving if it allows that.

What do you think?"
https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=522.0

I appreciate the 'sensitivity' implicit in your expressed concerns. :hug3:

Just Tim 02-07-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Yes we all are, hence we all are creators too. You said many deaths seem pointless to you, but you cannot see everything. My own birth is marked by death ! But since I created a lot of good too. As you did too, no doubt about it.

How could God possibly be in denial ? He created it all, I don't think it was just pokin' around a few buttons and see what goes !

And being perfect does not mean being flawless, it means being perfect for the mission given to you. Perfectly fit for your own reality, and your truths.

Wish you well !

davidsun 02-07-2020 04:44 PM

Hi-Ho Tim -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim here
My own birth is marked by death ! But since I created a lot of good too.

What 'death'? What 'good'?

I relate to the 'gist' of what you have said - just want more :icon_cheers: on the picnic table to savor.

Just Tim 02-07-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi-Ho Tim -

What 'death'? What 'good'?

I relate to the 'gist' of what you have said - just want more :icon_cheers: on the picnic table to savor.

Hello again.

Not a picnic, more of a feast.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=135874

Wish you well !