Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HOW to REACH to the SPIRITUAL WORLD (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125779)

Shivani Devi 24-10-2018 10:54 AM

It is very difficult to explain, but I think that obligations and expectations go hand in hand, when others try to get you to feel things that you just can't.

I just got through saying in another thread, that my brother also wants me to feel fearful and paranoid of other people, because he also fears for my safety.

Thing is, he has been totally indoctrinated by all of those negative advertisements on pay TV..

"Have you thought about making a will? You never know what is going to happen to you"..."When was the last time you thought about life insurance? Wouldn't it be comforting to know, if something happens to you, your loved ones are taken care of financially?" ..."Have you updated your security system? There are a lot of Thieves out there...and it will give you peace of mind and stop bad things from happening to you..."

It is a whole marketing strategy based upon the FEAR of personal mortality...and if one, like me, doesn't have that fear, what then?

I am not obligated to anybody or anything, because I can see right through the sneaky, underhanded tricks people use to play on another's emotions to sell an idea or commodity...until they run into a human being with a whole different set of emotions to those stereotypical ones they have learned to manipulate.

...and I am still trying to work out why I am like this and cannot fully accept bulls*** as a way of life.

hallow 24-10-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It is very difficult to explain, but I think that obligations and expectations go hand in hand, when others try to get you to feel things that you just can't.

I just got through saying in another thread, that my brother also wants me to feel fearful and paranoid of other people, because he also fears for my safety.

Thing is, he has been totally indoctrinated by all of the negative advertisements on pay TV..

"Have you thought about making a will? You never know what is going to happen to you"..."When was the last time you thought about life insurance? Wouldn't it be comforting to know, if something happens to you, your loved ones are taken care of financially?" ..."Have you updated your security system? There are a lot of Thieves out there...and it will give you peace of mind and stop bad things from happening to you..."

It is a whole marketing strategy based upon the FEAR of personal mortality...and if one, like me, doesn't have that fear, what then?

I am not obligated to anybody or anything, because I can see right through the sneaky, underhanded tricks people use to play on another's emotions to sell an idea or commodity...until they run into a human being with a whole different set of emotions to those stereotypical ones they have learned to manipulate.

...and I am still trying to work out why I am like this and cannot fully accept bulls*** as a way of life.

I totally understand! Especially the exception part. I set very high expectations for myself and get hurt when others don't at least try. I know that's not the best way to think but that's just me that's something I am working on to improve. I want to improve that because it might open up another door somewhere. You into the astrology thing at all? I know it really has nothing to do with anything but just asking. There still is a few good and real people out there. If you never play the lottery you'll never win.

Shivani Devi 24-10-2018 12:16 PM

I don't know anything about astrology besides the aspects in my own personal chart and what they all mean....Sorry.

Living up to personal expectations is also a huge issue for my mother, who really has a hard time believing that the Sun does NOT shine out of my anus.

I'd love to have a dollar for every time I get the lecture about how totally disappointed she is in me...So yes, I have told her repeatedly that I am lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, childish, judgmental and I still love who I am regardless...and how it is a pity others cannot.

With that, I always get "don't you have ANY shame?" and I have to ask.."what is shame?":confused:

hallow 24-10-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I don't know anything about astrology besides the aspects in my own personal chart and what they all mean....Sorry.

Living up to personal expectations is also a huge issue for my mother, who really has a hard time believing that the Sun does NOT shine out of my anus.

I'd love to have a dollar for every time I get the lecture about how totally disappointed she is in me...So yes, I have told her repeatedly that I am lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, childish, judgmental and I still love who I am regardless...and how it is a pity others cannot.

With that, I always get "don't you have ANY shame?" and I have to ask.."what is shame?":confused:

my mother an I didn't get along either, but because of her I learned what not be and do. I'll never forget how it made me feel. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone.

Baile 24-10-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Living up to personal expectations is also a huge issue for my mother, who really has a hard time believing that the Sun does NOT shine out of my anus.

From post #1:

1. QUALIFICATION ; Spiritual World is a classy place and village bums are not admitted there.

Looks like this discussion-topic has officially gone full circle.

Greenslade 25-10-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
...and I am still trying to work out why I am like this and cannot fully accept bulls*** as a way of life.

You are the answer looking for the question.

iamthat 25-10-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Living up to personal expectations is also a huge issue for my mother, who really has a hard time believing that the Sun does NOT shine out of my anus.

I'd love to have a dollar for every time I get the lecture about how totally disappointed she is in me...So yes, I have told her repeatedly that I am lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, childish, judgmental and I still love who I am regardless...and how it is a pity others cannot.


So your mother and brother expect you to be other than you are.

Perhaps you also expect your mother and brother to be other than they are.

If you want them to love and accept you regardless, perhaps you can begin by loving and accepting them regardless. They are what they are. Maybe if you really accept them, they might surprise you by stopping nagging at you to be different.

Just a thought.

Peace.

Shivani Devi 25-10-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
So your mother and brother expect you to be other than you are.

Perhaps you also expect your mother and brother to be other than they are.

If you want them to love and accept you regardless, perhaps you can begin by loving and accepting them regardless. They are what they are. Maybe if you really accept them, they might surprise you by stopping nagging at you to be different.

Just a thought.

Peace.

Yeah, it is a. Catch 22..

My mother and brother expect me to be someone else and I am also expecting them to be somebody else for not accepting me as I am...So I am not accepting them as they are for not accepting me as I am...and my brain just exploded because I just woke up and had to type that. LOL

Still, all I can say is "this is who I am, take it or leave it" and they will say "you can always change who you are to become a better version of yourself" and I am thinking of getting "thanks, I'll keep that in mind" printed on a t shirt as everything in life can be responded to with that.

Thing is... you would think, that after 50 years, they would come to the realisation that I am not going to change and neither are they...So why do they always make it a topic of conversation when I don't do that? Maybe it is because the topic of conversation is all about me and not about them..

You know, I should start it.." Hi mum and before you say anything, I love myself the way I am, so what do you want to say to me?"

hallow 28-10-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yeah, it is a. Catch 22..

My mother and brother expect me to be someone else and I am also expecting them to be somebody else for not accepting me as I am...So I am not accepting them as they are for not accepting me as I am...and my brain just exploded because I just woke up and had to type that. LOL

Still, all I can say is "this is who I am, take it or leave it" and they will say "you can always change who you are to become a better version of yourself" and I am thinking of getting "thanks, I'll keep that in mind" printed on a t shirt as everything in life can be responded to with that.

Thing is... you would think, that after 50 years, they would come to the realisation that I am not going to change and neither are they...So why do they always make it a topic of conversation when I don't do that? Maybe it is because the topic of conversation is all about me and not about them..

You know, I should start it.." Hi mum and before you say anything, I love myself the way I am, so what do you want to say to me?"

I see a lot of what you mentioned in a lot of families, in mine, my wife's and so on. All that matters is you believe in yourself. Don't amuse them by getting mad.
Look at my signature, :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani:

Miss Hepburn 28-10-2018 05:06 PM

Oh my goodness, trouble with my worn out laptop and look at what I missed over here! :D
What an invigorating discussion, funny how posting in caps really does have an effect on the astral body....
oops, I mean mine. :tongue: I could feel the passion!
OPV started a great thread to get people talking ,eh? "Village bums'' was it?
LOL, the BEST! :thumbsup:

I'm really hoping that's true, cuz I don't want any bums or idiots in High Places
when I crossover....(there're enough in this place).


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums