Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Veganism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15700)

mava 11-05-2011 01:39 PM

Veganism

Hi,
Recently, I've decided to make the switch from vegetarian to vegan. It's something I've thought about for a LONG time, but was kind of in denial and was also very lazy about making the change.

I really have to admit that watching Earthlings was the direct trigger for me to switch, though. I was wondering...for those of you that are currently practicing veganism now, did it take you a while to make the transition? As in, did you have some slip ups or did you just automatically make the switch?

GSX-R girl 11-05-2011 02:46 PM

Hi Mava

I decided to go vegan in one go :smile: However when friends and family

cook for me I still get vege meals sometimes:toothy4: I do eat them because

I always appreciate being cooked for and then as tactfully as I can mention

that I am now vegan :D

cazza 11-05-2011 07:55 PM

Hello Mava, my family and I have recently become vegan but like GSX-R girl if we are invited to family or friends for dinner it is a vegetarian meal we usually are offered and gratefully accept. We have been on and off veggies for a long while mostly due to our daughter of four who had extreme eczema, which I thought was not very common but see so many children suffering with it. I have to be completely honest and say my partner and I have the occasional slip up where cakes are concerned, this is mostly due to the fact on my part anyway is I have lost to much weight. I shall watch the film Earthlings, I have never heard of it:smile:.

mava 11-05-2011 10:58 PM

Thanks for your replies!
I think that's great - I was kind of stressed about what it'd be like going out with others or eating at someone's house. Just doing vegetarian seems alright in those situations.

Yea, I recommend Earthlings!

HealingLight77 26-05-2011 10:58 PM

Still making the transition! I've had a hard time with it because I've been addicted to dairy products most of my life. However, I have been specifically told more than once through spirit and guides that I need to cease eating dairy, as it is a non-food and not meant for human consumption. So, I'm slowly transitioning out of a mostly vegetarian/pescetarian lifestyle.

Also, I highly recommend the book 'The Veganist', the author gives lots of really simply and yummy-sounding meals!

DebbyM 27-05-2011 01:50 AM

Hello, I pretty much went vegan over the course of a couple days after being a vegetarian for years. Like everything else, there is a learning curve but it isn't long before you start understanding how to do your shopping accordingly. As for eating out and eating at friends places, I usually don't make a big fuss and am happy to partake in side dishes and so on (after all I'm really there for the company and the free meal is a side benefit) In restaurants, I will pick the entrees that seem like obviously 'safe' dinners and don't get into asking myriad questions about ingredients because I know it will just make others feel uncomfortable and weird.

So it isn't really that difficult, just takes a little time to get comfortable with a new lifestyle. The only other thing that I've really focused on is learning about bodily requirements and which foods provide which nutrients. Personally, I find it a fascinating study, all the amazing ways that our bodies use foods. Be easy on yourself and you'll have so much fun with this. Guaranteed.

Alice_1 03-09-2018 04:38 AM

Each organism reacts differently to transitions. Therefore, carefully monitor changes in your body.

LibbyScorp 03-09-2018 09:39 PM

It was definitely a process of time making the shift. And sometimes if I am out or other people cook for me, I will eat vegetarian because I am just not that activist about it.

I seem to go through periods of time where I go full on with vegan and then i let some things slip.

I want to watch earthlings now